Seven_McNuggets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Torrent or Dark Matter on Low Carb Diet?

I just started my High Fat/Low Carb/High Protein diet and I need to cut down the carbs. I used to take DM or Torrent for post workout but I'm wondering now if that's a good idea since I'm trying to cut down on the carbs.

Would it be better to take something that's low carb/low fat PWO like ON Whey, or it wouldn't harm me if I take Torrent or DM PWO?

They both have 45+ grams of carbs.

Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even on a low carb diet you can have carbs post workout without it throwing you off. I have done keto diets before yet still take carbs post workout (the only time of day i eat carbs) and it would not throw me out of keto. Some people it would and some people it doesn't. Find what is right for you. Most likely post workout carbs should not affect you too much. Just include in diet for the day.

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Big_Pete1000 View Post
    Even on a low carb diet you can have carbs post workout without it throwing you off. I have done keto diets before yet still take carbs post workout (the only time of day i eat carbs) and it would not throw me out of keto. Some people it would and some people it doesn't. Find what is right for you. Most likely post workout carbs should not affect you too much. Just include in diet for the day.
    Exactly... Depending on how many carbs you're allowed, adjust it so your carbs are in the morning and postworkout, and you should do okay...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

BigA08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what sort of food are you eating? Waixy maize carbs are good to take after training there good carbs which are high in molecular weight meaning they wont cause you to bloat and are quickly delivered to the muscle.. I lik the dark matter but thats me everyone is diff.. I personally love the blend of amino's waixy maize and creatine all in one for quicker recovery which means i can train longerr!! and more often lol YEaa!

Originally Posted by BigA08 View Post
    what sort of food are you eating? Waixy maize carbs are good to take after training there good carbs which are high in molecular weight meaning they wont cause you to bloat and are quickly delivered to the muscle.. I lik the dark matter but thats me everyone is diff.. I personally love the blend of amino's waixy maize and creatine all in one for quicker recovery which means i can train longerr!! and more often lol YEaa!
    Currently I'm taking a protein shake in the early morn, then having 3 scrambled eggs and 3 bacon strips around morning. Have a low carb high protein shake mid morning, salad with 3 hard boiled eggs and a cup of fruit for lunch, 3 hours later i workout, then have a PWO, 1-2 hours later i make steak or chicken for dinner, then at night have a casein shake.

Anyone else have any idea if taking a waxy maize carb/protein shake is a good idea post workout if you're on a low-carb diet?

Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Drexx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It should be fine if you take it immediately PWO
    "Strive for the impossible to be the best possible"

Follow me in:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121744311

bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The carbs should be fine in your post work out shake. Even when cutting down to the most minimal amount of carbs per day, post work out is normally a safe time to take them.

Alright thanks guys

GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GETTINITDONE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What about carbs pre workout? do you take any in? I try to keep most of daily carb intake to pre/post workout.

Oh and right when I wake up I take 2 scoops of whey and half a cup of oats blend it up and I'm on my way to work!
    My New Year's Resolution? To become a BIGGER person.

Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!