gainzzfordayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adjustable dumbbells heavier than fixed ones?

I used to work out exclusively at my school's weight room, but decided to buy my own adjustable dumbbell set for personal use. You see, my school only has fixed-weight dumbbells so that was what I used. So there I am at home and I assemble the weights together to the amount I use for fixed-weight. I started out by doing some bicep curls, and immediately noticed it was heavier. I have only been working out for a few months so I am still quite the novice. Is there something I should know about adjustable vs. fixed-weight dumbbells?

Many thanks, guys!

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gainzzfordayz View Post
    I used to work out exclusively at my school's weight room, but decided to buy my own adjustable dumbbell set for personal use. You see, my school only has fixed-weight dumbbells so that was what I used. So there I am at home and I assemble the weights together to the amount I use for fixed-weight. I started out by doing some bicep curls, and immediately noticed it was heavier. I have only been working out for a few months so I am still quite the novice. Is there something I should know about adjustable vs. fixed-weight dumbbells?

Many thanks, guys!
    If only there was some device that could tell us an object's weight...

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gainzzfordayz View Post
    Did you add up the weights of all of the plates, the handles, and the collars?

If you forgot any of those things, you may be lifting more weight than you thought you were.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

gainzzfordayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Did you add up the weights of all of the plates, the handles, and the collars?

If you forgot any of those things, you may be lifting more weight than you thought you were.
    I placed the dumbbell on a weighing scale last night. Turns out that the handles and collars added a couple of extra pounds onto it.

Thanks for the help.