FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

FoolontheHill Reviews Cognitive Nutrition Beta-Phenylethylamine

My Review

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=111307131
    Where you can buy PEA:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/pea.html

Clarification: My bottle indicates that it is from cognitive nutrtition, due to name changes which are currently unclear to me, the company is called unique nutrition.

Background: (from wiki) Phenethylamine, or β-phenylethylamine or 2-phenylethylamine, is an alkaloid and monoamine. Phenethylamine also has a constitutional isomer α-phenylethylamine (1-phenylethylamine), which has two stereoisomers: (R)-(+)-1-phenylethylamine and (S)-(-)-1-phenylethylamine. In the human brain, 2-phenethylamine is believed to function as a neuromodulator or neurotransmitter (trace amine). Phenethylamine is a natural compound biosynthesized from the amino acid phenylalanine by enzymatic decarboxylation. It is also found in many foods such as chocolate, especially after microbial fermentation. However trace amounts from food is quickly metabolized by the enzyme MAO-B, preventing significant concentrations from reaching the brain.[2][3]
    Phenylethylamine is a precursor to the neurotransmitter phenylethanolamine.[4]
    D-Phenylalanine increases the brain content of phenylethylamine .[5] Phenylethylamine has been shown at least indirectly to satisfy the four main criteria required to demonstrate that a neuroamine sustains mood and that its deficit can be responsible for depression.[5] Antidepressant drug therapy is an indirect (pharmacological) "replacement" of brain phenylethylamine .[5]
    Substituted phenethylamines are a broad and diverse class of compounds that include stimulants, hallucinogens, entactogens, anorectics, bronchodilators, and antidepressants.

My background: I am a great lover of chemicals, I find them fascinating and useful in certain situations. I believe they speak of the underlying structure in apparent chaos, hint at a world where magic is real, but that has nothing to do with this log. Sufficing to say, I have used a fair amount of psychoactive chemicals, so I could adequately assess PEA in the context of other substances. Also I must add, I take prescription dexedrine, what some of you might know as ******** or vyvanse, it boils down to amphetamine. Or, by its chemical name: Alpha Methyl Phenylethylamine.

Effects

low dose: At doses of 750 mg (one pill) up to 1500 mg (2 pills) I noticed a substantial increase in focus and concentration, often times with a mood lifting aspect as well. This was enjoyable and not overwhelming (my bw=205)

High Dose: The effects of PEA at higher dosages (up to 4.5 grams on an empty stomach were very strong, and produced a heavy flush: they also produced some parasthesia, giddiness, mild analgesia, light headedness, and marked appetite supression. All in all I would not reccomend such a high dose for someone who has not become very well acquainted with PEA, as the effects are quite potent.

Aftermath:In myself at least (and I have seen others report similar things) after the initial effects of PEA, a general apathy set upon me. This feeling was not a lazy one though, it was more of a feeling of nothing being able to bother you, again a use.

All in all I would say that PEA is a very potent chemical for being completely legal. The focus in lower doses and general stoned feeling in higher doses is nice to have without worrying about failing a drug test. Also for bodybuilding applications, the mood lift and appetite suppression effects would work excellently in a hypocaloric state. I appreciate the opportunity to log it afforded to me by steve and the unique nutrition team. I will definitely be purchasing this in the near future.
    CPT, CEO, R&D

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FoolontheHill View Post

My Review

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=111307131
    Where you can buy PEA:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/pea.html

Clarification: My bottle indicates that it is from cognitive nutrtition, due to name changes which are currently unclear to me, the company is called unique nutrition.

Background: (from wiki) Phenethylamine, or β-phenylethylamine or 2-phenylethylamine, is an alkaloid and monoamine. Phenethylamine also has a constitutional isomer α-phenylethylamine (1-phenylethylamine), which has two stereoisomers: (R)-(+)-1-phenylethylamine and (S)-(-)-1-phenylethylamine. In the human brain, 2-phenethylamine is believed to function as a neuromodulator or neurotransmitter (trace amine). Phenethylamine is a natural compound biosynthesized from the amino acid phenylalanine by enzymatic decarboxylation. It is also found in many foods such as chocolate, especially after microbial fermentation. However trace amounts from food is quickly metabolized by the enzyme MAO-B, preventing significant concentrations from reaching the brain.[2][3]
    Phenylethylamine is a precursor to the neurotransmitter phenylethanolamine.[4]
    D-Phenylalanine increases the brain content of phenylethylamine .[5] Phenylethylamine has been shown at least indirectly to satisfy the four main criteria required to demonstrate that a neuroamine sustains mood and that its deficit can be responsible for depression.[5] Antidepressant drug therapy is an indirect (pharmacological) "replacement" of brain phenylethylamine .[5]
    Substituted phenethylamines are a broad and diverse class of compounds that include stimulants, hallucinogens, entactogens, anorectics, bronchodilators, and antidepressants.

My background: I am a great lover of chemicals, I find them fascinating and useful in certain situations. I believe they speak of the underlying structure in apparent chaos, hint at a world where magic is real, but that has nothing to do with this log. Sufficing to say, I have used a fair amount of psychoactive chemicals, so I could adequately assess PEA in the context of other substances. Also I must add, I take prescription dexedrine, what some of you might know as ******** or vyvanse, it boils down to amphetamine. Or, by its chemical name: Alpha Methyl Phenylethylamine.

Effects

low dose: At doses of 750 mg (one pill) up to 1500 mg (2 pills) I noticed a substantial increase in focus and concentration, often times with a mood lifting aspect as well. This was enjoyable and not overwhelming (my bw=205)

High Dose: The effects of PEA at higher dosages (up to 4.5 grams on an empty stomach were very strong, and produced a heavy flush: they also produced some parasthesia, giddiness, mild analgesia, light headedness, and marked appetite supression. All in all I would not reccomend such a high dose for someone who has not become very well acquainted with PEA, as the effects are quite potent.

Aftermath:In myself at least (and I have seen others report similar things) after the initial effects of PEA, a general apathy set upon me. This feeling was not a lazy one though, it was more of a feeling of nothing being able to bother you, again a use.

All in all I would say that PEA is a very potent chemical for being completely legal. The focus in lower doses and general stoned feeling in higher doses is nice to have without worrying about failing a drug test. Also for bodybuilding applications, the mood lift and appetite suppression effects would work excellently in a hypocaloric state. I appreciate the opportunity to log it afforded to me by steve and the unique nutrition team. I will definitely be purchasing this in the near future.
    Excellent background of experience and review!
    If you ever want to log another unique compound free feel to send me a pm.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks, I have some idea's but I'm going to be logging Omega's Ultima Product soon, which has a potent nootropic effect to it, but when its over, I'll give you a buzz.
    CPT, CEO, R&D

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    Excellent background of experience and review!
    If you ever want to log another unique compound free feel to send me a pm.
    Did you get my PEA out to try Steve?

I still haven't used a pure PEA product and interested.

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Peter LeDrew View Post
    Did you get my PEA out to try Steve?

I still haven't used a pure PEA product and interested.
    I should have had it forwarded if not please pm me and I'll make sure CN's shipping dept sends it out.

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Originally Posted by FoolontheHill View Post
    thanks, I have some idea's but I'm going to be logging Omega's Ultima Product soon, which has a potent nootropic effect to it, but when its over, I'll give you a buzz.
    You got it.

Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Wow nice in-depth review of PEA!!! Thanks for taking the time to try it out for us!!
    i rep back 1k+