Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Saggy skin: The picture journal and the battle for sharp abs

I have searched the internet and I have tried to find out can saggy skin actually retract back to is original condition on a body that has had substantal weight loss, i.e. pregnancy or obesity. So far I have not found conclusive evidence of whether the skin will bounce back. Now through the miracle of modern science, bodybuilding.com, training/diet by spirit3530, and pictures. We will find out once and for all if skin is a living organism, Can it be trained or not? We will find out once body fat levels are near contest shape and minimal fat is on the body, will the skin contract completely onto the abdominal wall. The pictures will be on a bi-monthly basis.

Other people that want to join in this battle and this mythbuster thread are welcome. All that we ask is that you state your age, how long you were overweight, pictures have to show the extra skin, and hopefully the end result being tight abs.

Our subject for this test will be me and I will post pictures all the way to contest bodyfat levels. Another reason for this journal is to decide whether I need to get a tummy tuck, so before I do that I want to test and make sure it is not possible to get my abs without surgery.

ME
    Age 33
    13 years over weight ... highest weight 215, 3 pregnancies, one set of twins.

first pics below
    Attached Images

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my stomach looks worse than that

Probably will just need surgery. You can try and lose more fat and just train your abs hard then maybe bulk up and gain muscle to kinda tighten it a little.
    Last edited by TDK350; 11-18-2008 at 11:17 PM.

TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000) TeresaMalia is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Monika33 View Post
    13 years over weight ... highest weight 215, 3 pregnancies, one set of twins.

first pics below
    you look amazing even more because of how much living your body has done. natural and real is beautiful not these stupid airbrushed celebs who had c-sections, chefs and personal trainers while their kids are with the nanny so they can workout 8+ hours a day and go to the spa another 4hrs.
    I will try to be nicer, when you try to be smarter.

I'm the kind of girl who carries her real Glock in her fake Coach...except have a real Coach because I hate faking it.
    Why do you need a side dish? Just eat the meat.
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At some point your skin can get stretched beyond its recovery abilities, the amount being different depending on the person.

You are definitely approaching it the right way to see how far it can get with just fat loss and time. However, a lot of people end up having surgery to remove skin that just won't go back.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP, your lose skin is really not that bad IMHO. I think it can and WILL go flat....it just takes time...alot of it unfortunately. But exercise and building muscle is a great way to help expedite the process. Your body needs time fat free for the skin to tighten up. Right now the fat is pushing the skin out...when you lose that fat...it will be like emptying out a water balloon. I have 2 kids (22 yr old and 9 yr old)...here are my pics:

This pic is from April, 2008:

October 9, 2008:

Most recent 11/18/08:

You'll notice that as I lost fat in my lower abs...although flat...there's still noticeable loose skin. Standing up or wearing a dress/jeans..you wouldn't really notice it...but bending over...sitting...ya...it's quite noticeable.

In closing...I think you'll be able to flatten out your stomach and the skin will actually contract quite a bit...but I highly doubt it'll contract all the way to the muscle. But who knows...I could be wrong...cuz I've lost 42 lbs since 1/5/08...and most recently obtained a somewhat 4 pack (LOL)...so we'll see wut happens to my tummy's skin now that I've lost the fat.

I'm in!
    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions of the above poster and solely hers and do not necessarily reflect the view of all woman in the universe. In other words...if you don't agree..STFU and think what you like!

MACA makes you lift heavier than ever and hornier than a beast...I LOVE MACA!

DESCRIMINATION S*CKS...BUT FABULOUSNESS TRUMPS ALL!

JAWS22 is my BF...yeah...ya heard it right!
    Thanks BB.COM!

Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by TeresaMalia View Post
    you look amazing even more because of how much living your body has done. natural and real is beautiful not these stupid airbrushed celebs who had c-sections, chefs and personal trainers while their kids are with the nanny so they can workout 8+ hours a day and go to the spa another 4hrs.
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    At some point your skin can get stretched beyond its recovery abilities, the amount being different depending on the person.

You are definitely approaching it the right way to see how far it can get with just fat loss and time. However, a lot of people end up having surgery to remove skin that just won't go back.
    This is going to be awesome, keep your eyes on me for all the changes!

Thanks for your support!

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have yet to see someone in contest condition that has the extra skin. I can't wait to find out what is possible. Moni is the most dedicated lifter/trainee I have worked with. If anyone can reveal the truth behind this its her. Finally their is an actual thread about this and someone willing to take unflattering pictures. This journey is gonna be awesome. What will it look like when she is at 8 percent bodyfat?

Really its a win win situation for her. She loves challenge (one of the most competitive people I know). If it works she saves 3000 dollars and if not then she know she did everything possible before going under the knife.
    Cha Cha Cha

Smile

I'm in![/QUOTE]

This is going to be great! I am glad your in on this. Your flatter stomach is inspiring!

I am going to work as hard as I can to lower my body fat and build abs!

I am extremely motivated.

This journey is gonna be awesome. What will it look like when she is at 8 percent bodyfat?

This is so motivating! I just want to work harder and harder.

Thanks

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    This journey is gonna be awesome. What will it look like when she is at 8 percent bodyfat?

This is so motivating! I just want to work harder and harder.

Thanks
    Yes...it is motivating..indeed! I wonder the same thing. What inspires me is to look at other mother's who've actually reached that 8% bf and actually compete. Whenever I look at them...I don't feel so "this is impossible"..I know it IS possible. But I've also learned to be more "patient" with myself...as this is a lifelong journey. My mom's had 7 kids...and NO STRETCHMARKS! WTF???

BTW, my lower abs were waaaaaaaaaaaayyy worse than the pic I posted in April 2008. That was 4 months of eating right and exercise...and about 25-30 lbs lost. I've not done any abwork though...and have (for the most part) been a "cardio queen"...so it WILL be interesting to see how actually training my abs and other body parts will improve my abdomen

I'm like you...I want my abs to be so tight that when I bend down to tie my shoes...I don't see that stupid ugly ass flap hangin! Ha ha! Good luck to you and will be following your progress and well as tracking my own!
    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions of the above poster and solely hers and do not necessarily reflect the view of all woman in the universe. In other words...if you don't agree..STFU and think what you like!

Thanks BB.COM!

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    I'm in......good luck!!

newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bambifox View Post

This pic is from April, 2008:

October 9, 2008:

Most recent 11/18/08:

I'm in!
    Great work! Your before and after pictures are really amazing!

Thumbs up

I am doing resistance training, eating a 1700 calorie diet, and cardio. 8% bf here I come!

I'm like you...I want my abs to be so tight that when I bend down to tie my shoes...I don't see that stupid ugly ass flap hangin! Ha ha! Good luck to you and will be following your progress and well as tracking my own![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
    I'm in......good luck!!
    Glad to have you on board! This is going to be fun to watch the changes and reaching 8% bf

Skin wraps/ skin elasticity

Has anyone heard anything about spa skin wraps helping Elasticity of the abdominal skin?

Also heard a rumer that Red Head's have better Elasticity, anyone else hear this?

GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm 23...no kids....no loose skin.
    but i was trolling around and i gotta say - Bambi you look freaking fantastic! Incredible. You're doing keto right?
    domari nolo

Originally Posted by GoutDeMiel View Post
    but i was trolling around and i gotta say - Bambi you look freaking fantastic! Incredible. You're doing keto right?
    What is Keto?

GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is Keto?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61
    That should keep you busy for a while haha

Keto is a diet where you strictly limit your carbs (eating mostly for protein and fat) so that your body goes into a state of "ketosis" and burns fat rather than muscle for energy. Same idea as Atkins, but not quite - this is healthier. I'm debating on whether I want to try it. I love mah carbs man!

EDIT: /threadjack
    domari nolo

Hey there girly! Thank you very much. I'm still work in progress though Thinking about ordering the P90X program and doing it for 90 days. I need structure...and it's getting rave reviews...so...i'll letchu know how it works out. I just stopped Keto last week. I'm 14.4% bf trying to drop to 12%. Keto IMHO is not helping me get there...and my energy dropped too low...so my w/o's started suffering. Haven't w/o'd for an entire week. Will start back again on Monday though.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61
    That should keep you busy for a while haha

Keto is a diet where you strictly limit your carbs (eating mostly for protein and fat) so that your body goes into a state of "ketosis" and burns fat rather than muscle for energy. Same idea as Atkins, but not quite - this is healthier. I'm debating on whether I want to try it. I love mah carbs man!

EDIT: /threadjack
    I'd strongly suggest Keto for those of you with at least 20 lbs of fat to lose. Once your bf% gets really low...I don't think it works as well. But...as with anything...it's a your mileage may vary thing.

Thanks BB.COM!

mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mobofreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am still getting a little bit of saggy skin in the ab area... but it is slowly getting better.

MoFe

Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
    Hey there girly! Thank you very much. I'm still work in progress though Thinking about ordering the P90X program and doing it for 90 days. I need structure...and it's getting rave reviews...so...i'll letchu know how it works out. I just stopped Keto last week. I'm 14.4% bf trying to drop to 12%. Keto IMHO is not helping me get there...and my energy dropped too low...so my w/o's started suffering. Haven't w/o'd for an entire week. Will start back again on Monday though.

I'd strongly suggest Keto for those of you with at least 20 lbs of fat to lose. Once your bf% gets really low...I don't think it works as well. But...as with anything...it's a your mileage may vary thing.
    Def let me know how it goes. I think I'm at 20% bodyfat right now with a lot of muscle so maybe keto isn't for me then. I thought keto was supposed to help with your energy levels? Maybe not? Interesting.

Nontheless, your transformation is awesome! I still can't get over the fact that you're 40 (and two kids??) - definitely don't look like it.
    Last edited by GoutDeMiel; 11-21-2008 at 01:05 PM.
    domari nolo

I am on a is high protein, low carb, moderate fat, Currently working with 1700 calories. I am loosing inches and about a pound every week. I love to see the changes on a weekly basis. Loosing just a pound a week will give my skin the best opportunity to tighten back up to my muscles.
    Last edited by Monika33; 11-21-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vincenza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wonder how much more I can lose (fat). I started at 245 and am around 145 now. I know I can lose more but how much of an improvement am I likely to see? I would love to compete but I don't know if it's possible with the amount of looseness I have. Any comments or advice is much appreciated.

Pics in profile.
    Carpe diem, because this squat my be your last.

Originally Posted by Vincenza View Post
    I wonder how much more I can lose (fat). I started at 245 and am around 145 now. I know I can lose more but how much of an improvement am I likely to see? I would love to compete but I don't know if it's possible with the amount of looseness I have. Any comments or advice is much appreciated.

Pics in profile.
    What kind of diet are you using? How fast did you loose your weight? I currently am trying to lower my BF to 8% and shrink wrap my body to my muscles!!!!!!
    Last edited by Monika33; 11-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.

I am on a is high protein, low carb, moderate fat, Currently working with 1700 calories. I am loosing inches and about a pound every week. I love to see the changes on a weekly basis. Loosing just a pound a week will give my skin the best opportunity to tighten back up to my muscles.
    Sounds like you're on track. From what I know 1-lb a week is ideal. Keep it up!

Originally Posted by Vincenza View Post

Pics in profile.
    Maybe building up your ab muscles will help - you know, bulk 'em up. You did lose 100-lbs! How quickly did you lose it?
    domari nolo

spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Remember ladies if you didn't blow up in weight over 12 months its not going to come off and recomp in 12 months.

Takes time. Be consistent, lose a .5 to 1lb a week and your body will have a chance to make those changes in a healthy manner. Lose the fat, not the muscle. For some of you it will be a few years before you get where you want to be. If you rush it, be prepared for the consequences.

Bodysculpting is like cooking a brisket...slow cooking to keep the juices and get that tender moist meat. You try cooking a brisket in a microwave or frying pan and see what kind of meat you get.
    Cha Cha Cha

Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, I'll probably be one of the heaviest to join in. I'm still far away from the point where I worry about loose skin. I have 75 more lbs to drop before then. LOL But I do know that I want to go from being your typical BBW to a BBBBW (Big Beautiful Body Building Woman) at 175 lbs. So yes, definitely nodding to the brisket analogy. That one's me, for sure. I figure bulking and cutting around 175 once I get there should help me in my endeavors.

I've already taken a pannus shot, but it's not going up until I'm closer to the finish line. *^_^* (Scary stuff, miladies!)

So, count me in for the long haul! xx
    Back with my nose to the grindstone. Trying only fails when you stop. :)

Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Monika! KEEP IT UP!!! I'll be interested in following your progress. I don't have saggy skin, (no kids), but I would LOVE to be able to show a friend of mine that this can be done WITHOUT surgery. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. From all that's been said, you sound like the person that can do it!!!
    I am, after all, a heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting.

Harry: Erica, will you be my flesh friend?
    Erica: What the hell is that?
    Harry: Phucicngbuttholemonster!
    Erica: WTH?

My Insanity Experiment: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=495939921#post495939921

Moni will show what a single mom of 4 can do. She is one of the busiest people I know. If she can do it, anyone can. Let see...

Full time job
    Roller Derby player
    Soccer player and Soccer Mom
    Muay Thai student
    Jujitsu student and MOM
    Civil Air Patrol Mom
    PTA (active member)
    ofcourse aspiring figure competitor and powerlifter..

Did I miss anything, Moni?
    Last edited by spirit3530; 11-24-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    Cha Cha Cha

Originally Posted by Komadori View Post
    Well, I'll probably be one of the heaviest to join in. I'm still far away from the point where I worry about loose skin. I have 75 more lbs to drop before then. LOL But I do know that I want to go from being your typical BBW to a BBBBW (Big Beautiful Body Building Woman) at 175 lbs. So yes, definitely nodding to the brisket analogy. That one's me, for sure. I figure bulking and cutting around 175 once I get there should help me in my endeavors.

I've already taken a pannus shot, but it's not going up until I'm closer to the finish line. *^_^* (Scary stuff, miladies!)

So, count me in for the long haul! xx
    That is awesome, keep up the weight loss. I know the pics seem scary at first but once you start looking at them and seeing the changes you are going to be amazed, showing the pics wont be an issue. We are here to give you all the support you need.