Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post
    I'm a big vikings fan, I went and watched some of those training camp practices with Brock and I followed the whole thing pretty closely in the news. I forget who it was but after he was cut they interviewed one of the Vike's O-lineman and he basically said Brock was a monster but had no idea what he was doing. Had no grasp on the mental side of things and he didnt know how to use his strength to defeat a block.

maybe if he came up playing football he would have made the NFL but that is just speculation.
    I believe it after seeing some of his training and fights in the UFC. The guy is unreal.

Location: MOSSIDE, MANCHESTER, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grantonio_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

kurt angle did an interview with muscle and fitness about 4 months ago, and he stated '' ive done all the bench pressing i want, i could do 405, but seriously i never really train like that now, just the odd time, mosty i dont have time''!

damn kurt only weighs about 210 pounds surely if he could do 600 lbs it would be some kind of record lol
    FOR 2010 DEADLIFT 730, BENCH PRESS 515 SQAUT 640

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SpongeTom View Post
    Not really. Pretty much everyone on the teen boards can bench that much for reps.
    LOL true

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hate MMA fans/practitioners....what I refer to as "mma ***s".

I am actually LESS intimidated by someone if I know they are into MMA. Its hilarious to talk to those disillusioned tools. Like there magic sport makes you some sort of super soldier that can defeat everyone in combat regardless of the situation. in there feeble mind 150 pound ufc champs could take on kodiak bears and walk away unscathed.

Completely OT. They all hate brock lesnar though I guess. Because in their mind being physically strong and large does not in anyway parlay itself into a better chance at winning a fight.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by swolegantor View Post

Completely OT. They all hate brock lesnar though I guess. Because in their mind being physically strong and large does not in anyway parlay itself into a better chance at winning a fight.
    also, being large and strong STILL means nothing even when you pair it with the fact that the dude was a national champion collegiate wrestler.

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    swolengator is right there is no one more annoying in the gym except for the hardcore MMA guy doing 40 lb dumbbell snatches and screaming on every exercise

C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000) C-Squared is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ballplayer100 View Post
    Its definitely not weak but I expected it to be higher.

Says here Kurt Angle said he can bench 600+, but that cant be true
    Link: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_w...ar_bench_press
    Wow, I should neg you for thinking Kurt Angle is a credible source for ANY information... since joining TNA, his JOB is to float BS out there to stir the pot.

I am actually LESS intimidated by someone if I know they are into MMA. Its hilarious to talk to those disillusioned tools. Like there magic sport makes you some sort of super soldier that can defeat everyone in combat regardless of the situation. in there feeble mind 150 pound ufc champs could take on kodiak bears and walk away unscathed.

haha exactly! Brock is the guy that proves them wrong and shatters their dreams that no matter how big a guy is, they could make them submit with a key lock.

djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's a bit harsh, but I understand where you're coming from. My general rule of thumb is that if someone goes out of their way to tell you that they are a mixed martial artist, they're nothing to worry about.

IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppaproppy View Post
    to be fair, you dont know brock lesnar isn't a first generation cyborg created by the las vegas chamber of commerce to bring big money in by sellout PPVs either
    Hahahaha!

Seriously though, I was pissed. Couture had a REALLY good run, I think it really is time to retire and just coach... honestly, I'd like him to commentate... Rogan's annoying.

IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IJS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    That's a bit harsh, but I understand where you're coming from. My general rule of thumb is that if someone goes out of their way to tell you that they are a mixed martial artist, they're nothing to worry about.
    True that. I hate this new generation of little M&M-"Artists".... everyone and their mom slips on a "TapOut" shirt and flips their hat lopsided and they think they become badasses.

I was an MMA fan back when Tank was the man.

camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camrsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WowWeakForum View Post
    So why did Lesnar suck in the nfl? He has incredible athleticism, long arms, big hands, fast on his feet, quick, strong, good reflexes; and he has good balance..so...what gives?
    He was the very last person cut from the team. He just needed more practice. Had the offer to play in NFL Europe for a couple years and come back.

I consider myself a "hardcore" mma fan. I could not wait for Brock to start MMA. Being from minnesota I followed his U of M wrestling and knew he could be real good in MMA. I remember seeing high lights on the news, of him throwing around other heavyweights with no problems.
    Last edited by camrsz; 11-18-2008 at 11:07 AM.
    Fav. PRs
    OLY lifting
    Snatch 140LBS
    Clean&Jerk 205LBS
    POWERLIFTING RAW#s
    Bench 230LBS
    Dead 425LBS NEW PR 02-13-07
    Squat 315LBS
    OTHERS
    Weighted pull ups BW+100X5
    Weighted Dips BW+150X5

u guys...srsly... FatKidsOnMopeds's Avatar
    FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

x2. they now sell tapout shirts at dillard's, macy's and target....

chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    Yes, Cro-Cop is 'slow as hell'

But then you think Lesnar squats 900 x2
    cro-cop isnt slow im talking about sapp. i thought you were talking about bob sapp being the best striker my bad. and i was stating what i saw in an interview i never said i believed it to be true did I?

chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckshuldiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I also hate the trendy tapout wearing kids at the gym who talk about the fights all the time and practice punches in the mirror at the gym. However, iv e been into mixed martial arts(not a mma training facility but 3 different "studios") over the years, and i can say the real serious guys who actually fight dont flaunt it. It shows weakness in my eyes. In the gym people always ask if i fight and i say no so they have no knowledge of what im really capable of. If i ever got into it with one of them theyd be in the wrong mindset of assuming i was inferior.

Dysfunctional Strength Entkommen115's Avatar
    Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FatKidsOnMopeds View Post
    x2. they now sell tapout shirts at dillard's, macy's and target....
    LOLOLOLOL!! Thats f***ing priceless!!
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by chuckshuldiner View Post
    It also happens the other way like when bob sapp gets beat by 165 lb guys and cries.
    Bob Sapp got beat by a 165 lb guy????!!
    When did that happen???

pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dont think it really matters how much the man lifts.

He was a multi time national champ in college. And now has called himself a pro in 3 different sports (yeah pro wrestling is a joke but it still takes a great deal of athleticism to reach the level he did). Most people will never call themselves anything past varsity highschool ranks. And this man has 3 times been a pro at a sport.

Either way hes a specimen.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ballplayer100 View Post
    Bob Sapp got beat by a 165 lb guy????!!
    When did that happen???
    It didn't. Crocop is like 220. I would love to see a 165lb guy take on Sapp. He'd likely obliterate them, no matter how strong they are. No way their tiny size could out maneuver such a large strong guy.

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pkirk330 View Post
    I dont think it really matters how much the man lifts.

He was a multi time national champ in college. And now has called himself a pro in 3 different sports (yeah pro wrestling is a joke but it still takes a great deal of athleticism to reach the level he did). Most people will never call themselves anything past varsity highschool ranks. And this man has 3 times been a pro at a sport.

Either way hes a specimen.
    he was only the ncaa champ 1 time: his senior year.

Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BEhave View Post
    It didn't. Crocop is like 220. I would love to see a 165lb guy take on Sapp. He'd likely obliterate them, no matter how strong they are. No way their tiny size could out maneuver such a large strong guy.
    There was a match on Pride where Sapp fought this Asian dude that was between 180-200 pounds. Needless to say it ended quickly.
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

King of the DEADLIFT ProStrongman's Avatar
    ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProStrongman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chuckshuldiner View Post
    I also hate the trendy tapout wearing kids at the gym who talk about the fights all the time and practice punches in the mirror at the gym.
    Yeah man, im getting tired of seeing that too. The funny thing is its always these little skinney guys who are "mirror boxing" in the gym. Then when I come in and Squat 6x more than them, I shatter their ego!!!

Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    My general rule of thumb is that if someone goes out of their way to tell you that they are a mixed martial artist, they're nothing to worry about.
    This is the absolute truth.

Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^^I love irony^^^

Originally Posted by Entkommen115 View Post
    There was a match on Pride where Sapp fought this Asian dude that was between 180-200 pounds. Needless to say it ended quickly.
    I think I know the one your talking about. Felt bad for the dude.

believe in yourself! Flex_Kavana's Avatar
    Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    brocks actual weight training routine hasnt been shared by magazines or brock himself has it? just that summerslam promo?
    Working it out boss.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post
    he was only the ncaa champ 1 time: his senior year.
    also a champ in junior college for i believe 2 years before going to minnesota

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lt1mike View Post
    brocks actual weight training routine hasnt been shared by magazines or brock himself has it? just that summerslam promo?
    theyve showed a bit on ufc all access...no routine, just a few of the things he does

Originally Posted by bigpoppaproppy View Post
    also a champ in junior college for i believe 2 years before going to minnesota
    true. but the NJCAA doesnt really compare.

It's like saying Doug Flutie won multiple championships, without mentioning that he won them in Canada.

I think I know the one your talking about. Felt bad for the dude.
    Yeah it was hard to watch at one point. They guy was on all 4's and Sapp was driving knees into his ribs from the side. Cough up blood much?

-Daniel Beauchamp

Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ballplayer100 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Does the UFC and/or boxing allow weight class jumps like that???
    For example, if I only weigh 190 lbs, could I then fight a 220 lbs just so I could claim the heavyweight title???

Has that ever happened in history??