In666Flames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting a new routine- Advice appreciated

Hey everyone, i'm looking to change my routine just to keep it fresh (just like a lot of people). I had a lot of success on my cut which was for 12 weeks, and I have still managed to increase the intensity every week even though I was losing weight. I am now going on my first bulk since I don't want to be any smaller than my current size, and I just want your opinions on this routine. I want it mainly consisting of compound movements, and i've increased the sets for what I believe to be the most beneficial exercises (compound movements working the bigger muscles). Also i've decided to increase the rep range on the second part of the week so that I keep my body guessing. Would love your advice and critique?

Mon-Chest/Tris Sets/Reps
    Flat Bench 4 X 8-12
    Incline Bench 4 X 8-12
    Dumbell Flys 3 X 8-12
    Dips 3 X 8-12
    Tricep Extensions 3 X 8-12

Tue-Back/Biceps
    Deadlift 4 X 8-12
    Wide Grip Pull Ups 4 X 8-12
    Barbell Rows 4 X 8-12
    Chins 3 X 8-12
    Barbell Curls 3 X 8-12

Thu-Delts/Traps
    Shoulder Press 4 X 8-12
    Lateral Raises 3 X 8-12
    Reverse Flys 3 X 8-12
    Upright Row 4 X 8-12
    DB Shrugs 3 X 8-12

Fri-Legs
    Squat 4 X 8-12
    Dumbell Lunges 4 X 8-12
    Hamstring Curls 3 X 8-12
    Calf Raises 3 X 8-12

oh yeah, I forgot. I do work abs but it doesn't tie in with this routine, I do 5 sets of varied crunches with weight every other day
    Last edited by In666Flames; 11-17-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: updated routine, considered advice

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On your leg/pull days, Id either alternate deads and squats, go lighter on them, or do say full squats instead of back squats one day, and do SLDL, sumo deads, or good mornings instead of deadlifts one day. Also, why push ups? If youre going to do those, do them at the end of the workout.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

cheers for the reply. Thats definately a good idea, it will vary the form working different muscle groups. I thought push ups would finish the chest off nicely since I train till near failure then go onto push ups, is this is a waste of time? would you or anyone recomend a replacement exercise for push ups that doesn't involve using machines

RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by In666Flames View Post
    Hey everyone, i'm looking to change my routine just to keep it fresh (just like a lot of people). I had a lot of success on my cut which was for 12 weeks, and I have still managed to increase the intensity every week even though I was losing weight. I am now going on my first bulk since I don't want to be any smaller than my current size, and I just want your opinions on this routine. I want it mainly consisting of compound movements, and i've increased the sets for what I believe to be the most beneficial exercises (compound movements working the bigger muscles). Also i've decided to increase the rep range on the second part of the week so that I keep my body guessing. Would love your advice and critique?

Mon- Chest/Delts/Tris Sets/Reps
    Barbell Bench 4 x 6-8
    Incline Bench 4 x 6-8
    Push Ups 4 x lots
    Barbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8-10
    Rear delt side raise on bench3 x 8-10
    Weighted Chair Dips 3 x 8-10

Tue- Back/Legs/Biceps
    Deadlift 4 x 6-8
    Squats 4 x 8-10
    Wide Grip Pull Ups 4 x 6-8
    Barbell Rows 3 x 6-8
    Barbell Calf Raise 3 x 10-12
    Chin Ups 3 x 6-8

Thu- Chest/Delts/Tris
    Dumbell Bench 4 x 8-10
    Dumbell Flys 4 x 8-10
    Push Ups 4 x Lots
    Seated Arnold Press 3 x 10-12
    Dumbell Side Raise 3 x 10-12
    Close Grip Bench 3 x 10-12

Frid- Legs/Back/Biceps
    Squats 4 x 10-12
    Deadlift 4 x 8-10
    Wide Grip Pull Ups 4 x 8-10
    Dumbell Lunge 3 x 10-12
    Upright Rows 3 x 10-12
    Barbell Curls 3 x 10-12

oh yeah, I forgot. I do work abs but it doesn't tie in with this routine, I do 5 sets of varied crunches with weight every other day
    try splitting it up more
    Monday
    Chest/tris

Tues
    Back/bis

Thurs
    delts/traps

Friday
    Legs

You might be hitting each body part too much to let it recover fully
    New Coming Soon

Your right, I might be on the verge of overtraining. I always feel as If I've got to train each bodypart twice a week. I think i'll re arrange as you said and see how I get on for 12 or more weeks. I've been reading and it seems sometimes less can be more, plus I can really focus on the deads and squats that way. I'll edit my routine shortly and go from there