SimilartoMogan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why is whole food better?

I'm curious to know why whole food is better vs. supplements. Are the calories from supplements somehow different from calories from real food? It all digests the same right?(protein farts aside) Some might argue that real food contains more nutrients for the body but a majority of the proein powders and MRP type shakes on the market nowadays have high amounts of vitamins and stuff added into it. So what is it that makes whole food better than supps exactly?

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its not whole food vs supplements.
    Its whole food vs junk food. ie added sugar, transfats, no fibre

jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most important factor is - you body is supposed to eat whole foods, not man made crap.

Sure you can get your calories, fats, carbs and protein from supplements, but you are missing out on a whole lot of nutrients, vitamins, ect that you can't and won't get out of a supplement.

RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    our bodies were created to digest whole foods (there were no liquid meals in caveman days), which is why we have certain enzymes. if a person were to eat nothing but a liquid diet for an extended period, their body would stop producing these enzymes, and then you'd have trouble digesting whole foods again in the future.

there is a place for protein shakes, to be sure, however...

always get at least 50% of your daily cals from solid foods!!

locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    plus whole foods are really really tasty, if you know how to cook
    I do not discriminate against different aminos. I love all aminos equally.

bulking 168.5lbs start, current 200lbs
    goal: become a monster

LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LittleMan55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

here is what the deal is. Whole food is FOOD! You eat it with a fork or a spoon. It is what we are meant to run on.

here is what food is in purest form (definitionally speaking)

Main Entry: food
    Pronunciation: \ˈf?d\
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: Middle English fode, from Old English fōda; akin to Old High German fuotar food, fodder, Latin panis bread, pascere to feed
    Date: before 12th century
    1 a: material consisting essentially of protein, carbohydrate, and fat used in the body of an organism to sustain growth, repair, and vital processes and to furnish energy ; also : such food together with supplementary substances (as minerals, vitamins, and condiments) b: inorganic substances absorbed by plants in gaseous form or in water solution
    2: nutriment in solid form
    3: something that nourishes, sustains, or supplies
    (websters)

Now lets look at supplements, by starting at the definition of supplement:

1sup?ple?ment
    Pronunciation: \ˈsə-plə-mənt\
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin supplementum, from supplēre to fill up, complete ? more at supply
    Date: 14th century
    1 a: something that completes or makes an addition b: dietary supplement
    (straigh from websters)

or more specifically definition 1b

Main Entry: dietary supplement
    Date: 1967
    : a product taken orally that contains one or more ingredients (as vitamins or amino acids) that are intended to supplement one's diet and are not considered food
    (websters)

Seems to me that we are supposed to eat food, then take supps on top of that. It's not that it is better, it's that it is what we are meant to run on. Supplements are in addition too or come into play in a pinch. They are not meant for us to consume as the foundational elements of our diets.
    BIGGER IS ALWAYS A REP AWAY!

Leave No Doubt

INTENSITY CREATES IMMENSITY!

"Will springs from the two elements of moral sense and self-interest." Abraham Lincoln

Uses and Supports: Universal Nutrition, Animal, and SportPharma

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111503701

booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jimsmith9999 View Post
    Most important factor is - you body is supposed to eat whole foods, not man made crap.

Sure you can get your calories, fats, carbs and protein from supplements, but you are missing out on a whole lot of nutrients, vitamins, ect that you can't and won't get out of a supplement.
    wat? whey protein has whole lotta other nutrients that we don't get from whole food

Is the poster above high or wat?...rofl

titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its better because you get your micros and macros in natural amounts that do not put unecessary stress on your body. its kind of hard to go overboard on cetrain nutrients when your too full to eat anything else.

booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by locknid View Post
    plus whole foods are really really tasty, if you know how to cook
    for sure.......supplement sux.

jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by booyaolian View Post
    wat? whey protein has whole lotta other nutrients that we don't get from whole food

Is the poster above high or wat?...rofl
    Please enlighten me "Bro". What nutritional basis am I missing by eat naturally occurring protein sources instead of drinking Whey?

Please enlighten me "Bro". What nutritional basis am I missing by eat naturally occurring protein sources instead of drinking Whey?
    Suppose you are eating tofu instead of chicken breast as your protein source, then you are missing some nutrient. Suppose you are eating rice instead of wheat, then you are missing lycine. You can name a whole bunch of foods that are only partially complete "Bro"...lol

My whey protein listed all 20 amino acids and I suppose they are all there, unless the company lies.

Now, "Bro" it seems like you care alot about your rep. But, remember it's only internet. rofl

semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000) semajio1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SimilartoMogan View Post
    I'm curious to know why whole food is better vs. supplements. Are the calories from supplements somehow different from calories from real food? It all digests the same right?(protein farts aside) Some might argue that real food contains more nutrients for the body but a majority of the proein powders and MRP type shakes on the market nowadays have high amounts of vitamins and stuff added into it. So what is it that makes whole food better than supps exactly?
    Seems a lot more natural to me... lol

Originally Posted by booyaolian View Post
    Suppose you are eating tofu instead of chicken breast as your protein source, then you are missing some nutrient. Suppose you are eating rice instead of wheat, then you are missing lycine. You can name a whole bunch of foods that are only partially complete "Bro"...lol

My whey protein listed all 20 amino acids and I suppose they are all there, unless the company lies.

Now, "Bro" it seems like you care alot about your rep. But, remember it's only internet. rofl
    First of, their is no such thing as lycine, it's lysine. And you can get it from eating pork or red meat, or chicken.

Second, I'm sure that you know that lysine is an Essential Amino Acid, and those are found in protein, not carb sources like rice or wheat, so your comparison is invalid.

Enjoy your broscience, and keep swallowing the supplement company marketing hype.

BTW, I could care less about rep. I neg repped you for spewing untrue crap, and being hostile about it (ie - referring to me being high). If I cared about my rep, I wouldn't have neg repped you in the first place - I knew you'd be petty and neg me back.

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because real food should be your primary fuel source. Supplements are just that: something added to reinforce (supplement) your diet.

First of, their is no such thing as lycine, it's lysine. And you can get it from eating pork or red meat, or chicken.

Second, I'm sure that you know that lysine is an Essential Amino Acid, and those are found in protein, not carb sources like rice or wheat, so your comparison is invalid.

Enjoy your broscience, and keep swallowing the supplement company marketing hype.

BTW, I could care less about rep. I neg repped you for spewing untrue crap, and being hostile about it (ie - referring to me being high). If I cared about my rep, I wouldn't have neg repped you in the first place - I knew you'd be petty and neg me back.
    lol...you are hilarious. Yah attack me for mis-spelling while miss the concept of the post. Way to not get it "Bro"

Why wouldn't I neg rep back? Why do you think you are right, while you are totally wrong. I feel sorry for you "Bro"
    Btw, what has lysine dude....rofl, you should neg rep yourself dude. How sad.

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Real food contains micronutrients that are not available in supplements.

Secondly, food is processed by the body in a manner that, for the most part, protects you from overexposure to most nutrients.

Lastly, real food offers benefits to the body due to their complexity and composition (phytochemicals) that supplements just cannot emulate.

tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Real food is absorbed better too. Motst of the protein powders, and pre workout formulas contain ****ty sweeteners, some have aspartame which is terrible, preservatives, MSG, this includes protein bars as well. Just the way they are made is terrible sometimes.

valhallalabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valhallalabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valhallalabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The term "supliment"

Does not imply alternative. It means in addition to, or to reinforce. Whole food metabolizes better
    VALHALLALABS.COM BUILDING STRONGER BODIES TIL RAGNORAK!!! BUILT FOR WAR!!!