Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000)

Protein shake diet.

Hi guys, I'm not here to ask what you think about the idea, just telling you what i am doing, for those interested in hearing how it does.

In an effort to cut down as much body fat as i can, while maintaining lean mass, I have put myself on a protein shake diet.

I'll be taking in 180g of protein via shakes only per day, thats about 800 cals for the next 10 days. Only other supps will be a multivitamin and fishoil (and heaps of water)

I'll post results when done.
    bloodninja: Baby, I been havin a tough night so treat me nice aight?

KatieKate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That sounds like the Velocity Diet designed by Chris Shugart.

MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're probably going to gain alot of water weight.

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My friend, beware of that diet, u might sooner or later get bored with that diet, and even real hungry, since it will lack many nutrients and fats. I take whey protein, but not in shakes, i take whey protein cooked in high protein pancakes. I' got tired of protein shakes specially in the winter

unsoberx

Originally Posted by wsntme View Post
    Hi guys, I'm not here to ask what you think about the idea, just telling you what i am doing, for those interested in hearing how it does.

In an effort to cut down as much body fat as i can, while maintaining lean mass, I have put myself on a protein shake diet.

I'll be taking in 180g of protein via shakes only per day, thats about 800 cals for the next 10 days. Only other supps will be a multivitamin and fishoil (and heaps of water)

"It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBU2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wsntme View Post

When'd you start?

duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck trying to have a ****. That is going to be ****ing painful

torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're trying to put on lean mass, it's good to remember that protein from a variety of sources is much much better than from just one. The reason is that our bodies assimilate proteins from different sources in different ways, and some may benefit you more than others.

Plus, lean meats will give you the same caloric intake as the shakes, so you wouldn't be gaining or losing anything by going the 'real food' route, with a few shakes worked in here and there.

Here are some of the meats that I typically eat each day. I end each day before bed with some cottage cheese (so the cassein protein can work its magic all night long).

chicken breast
    fresh pink salmon
    turkey
    lean pork loin roast
    tuna
    shrimp
    lean ham
    top sirloin
    egg whites
    low fat cottage cheese

Mix any of the above with a veggie of your choice and a portion of carbs and you've got the benefits of a meal replacement protein shake, with a variety of nutrition you would not get from one. And ... you won't feel hungry.

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Moar Ph00dz Less Powder.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its short term results and a bad idea. Change the way you eat day to day for the rest of your life. That would be the best diet.

JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JC707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really don't understand this diet... you could certainly just eat tasty, lean meats to consume no carbs, high protein and low fat intake and get the same results without the massive water weight. Maybe you should rethink it?

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    Congratz on causing permanent damage to your metabolism.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oledude187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seriously, this is an awful idea. Most protein shakes have a great deal of sugars in them and should be used as the foundation of any diet. This is why they're called "supplements." I wouldn't even suggest using MRP's as a sole daily meal, and you're speaking of, I'm assuming, basic protein shakes. 800 cals! what do you weigh? 120lbs? Hell I think patients who have the Lap Band or Gastric Bybass are allowed as many calories in their post-OP diet. If your going to pursue a crash diet at least consume a chicken breast or something. Diet is all about balance, and I see no balance here.

At any rate, Good Luck! I hope you get the results that you are looking for.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it
    Bench: 315 x 6

jstirto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm interested...

let me know how it goes. What is your weight/BF% now? Then post what you end at.

My title Wouldnt Fi yoyoyoimdave's Avatar
    yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GL

keep the jap gf proud :P
    I don't feel Pain,
    I don't feel Anything anymore,
    Until My Purpose be realized.
    Within me lies the soul of a gladiator, and the heart of a lion.

dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsw222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    My friend, beware of that diet, u might sooner or later get bored with that diet, and even real hungry, since it will lack many nutrients and fats. I take whey protein, but not in shakes, i take whey protein cooked in high protein pancakes. I' got tired of protein shakes specially in the winter

unsoberx
    a while ago, i was doing a bunch of shakes during the day due to my class schedule... that only led to me coming home and gorging on anything i could find

RyanAkaMonsta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    interesting, tell me how it goes and post the weight results too.
    thanks

Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Throwdown515 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At only 800 calories a day your are going to lose an extreme amount of muscle.
    "Do what others won't today, so you can have what others can't tomorrow."

jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alot of people had great success with this diet. People average about 5-10% body fat, sometimes more depending how much you weigh on the whole diet (Your supposed to do it for a month) while losing no muscle mass if any. I've been on this diet for 5 days and lost about 8lbs (mostly water) and haven't noticed any muscle or strength. keeping the weight off after the diet is up to you. your supposed to introduce 1 solid meal in every day for a week and then 2 the next and so on.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=velocity+diet

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Add peanut butter with the shakes for slow digestion. You will be so hungry.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000) wsntme is a complete loser! (-2000)

Update.

Hi guys.

Like i said before, i am past debating whether the diet is viable or not. I am experimenting with my body.

Day 2: Yesterday was prolly the toughest, today i felt euphoric for most past of the day. Had my work out at lunch time, decided to lower volume and increase weight and intensity to signal my body that it needs to preserve muscle. I lifted pretty heavy (for me) and kept it simple.

Bench press 3 X 5, bent over rows 3 x5, shoulder press 3 x 5, Bicep curls 3 X 5 and squats 2 X 5. I consumed the bulk of my protein around my work out, 180g with about 800 calories.

So far so good, pants feel looser around the waist (but given its day 2, its all water) no noticable muscle loss. A few cravings here and there, but discipline is key and they dont last long. Will update u tomorrow.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    I did something similar for the longest time and dropped a lot of weight.

2 weet bix with milk for breakfast

30g musashi WPC for lunch

30g musashi WPC for dinner

I also had a junk food friday, just to keep on it.

I dropped a lot of body fat, probably muscle too but that wasn't a concern for me, I just wanted to be slim.

I reckon you'll lose a lot of fat from the lack of carbs, and I wouldn't be too concerned about malnutrition since this is only a short term experiment.

Too many people go ZOMG STARVATION MODEZZ!!! Whenever people talk about cutting back on foods as if you're going to die in a week. Bleh to that I say.

EDIT: I should also mention to expect to lose a lot of kilo's from water weight, after about day three you'll be completely out of glycogen, and you keep about 4 grams of water for every gram of glycogen.

And that euphoric feeling you mentioned, forgoing carbs can do funny things to the brain, because your body is craving carbs since it's so used to getting them and using them as fuel, some people report nausea, headaches, sickness, it'll pass.
    Last edited by s.o.u.p; 11-18-2008 at 02:51 AM.

LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good ****ing luck, it isn't going to get you what you want, but best of luck!
    "Hai guys Im reading Plato's Republic, Thrasymachus is an epic troll but he gets counter trolled by Socrates over and over, bitch needs to LEARN." -Gancor

bulking until the end of the year. yeah, it's gonna get nasty.

day 3

Day 3,

woke up with heaps more definition in the midsection.

I put the shakes aside and feasted on heaps of chicken

1st to avoid stomach problems

&

2nd as a refeed to up the calories and avoid my metabolism crashing.

Tomorrow i go back to whey.

I plan to refeed like this every third day.

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Kinda BS

There are always haters. It is impossible for me to eat clean here and to be honest, I get roughly 1500 calories a day from suppliments.

The chow hall here sucks and you can RARELY get chicken, fish, turkey, or lean cuts of pork and beef.

I have two Syntha-6 shakes a day.
    I have one Met-RX Colossal Bar a day.
    I have one Pure Protein Bar a day.

I have lost exactly 1.2 ****-tons of weight. I have gained .57 **** tons of muscle. This has been calibrated by NASA scientists and USAF docs.

Truth is, you will need some real food, but not nearly what some people are saying.

GL

VR
    SPonge
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weissistschoen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

It says right on your protein tub not to use it as your sole source of nutrition. I tell you, I don't know where people's brains are these days. How do you think we have been doing it for the last 4 million years, OP?

Real food.

Are you going to prove evolution and your ancestors wrong? Do you think all of a sudden you are the exception?

Nope.

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by weissistschoen View Post

It says right on your protein tub not to use it as your sole source of nutrition. I tell you, I don't know where people's brains are these days. How do you think we have been doing it for the last 4 million years, OP?

Real food.

Are you going to prove evolution and your ancestors wrong? Do you think all of a sudden you are the exception?

Nope.
    There is no "REAL FOOD" here... Well unless I want to eat so unclean it isn't even funny.
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

Originally Posted by weissistschoen View Post

Real food.

Nope.
    Bra its a 10 day cut, not a life style change!!!!

Day 4, off to work will report back 6pm aussie time.

I'm genetically like this bmorrell's Avatar
    bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000) bmorrell is just really nice. (+1000)
    I originally thought this was a stupid idea, but at least you are eating chicken and lots of it every third day. Yeah it can definitely be improved more but that's better than not eating it.

However, your body needs some fats to function. A tablespoon or two of natural peanut butter in one/two of your shakes will not only improve the taste, but give you the necessary dietary fats you need. As a bonus, these fats will be monounsaturated, which is the best type.

Also, consider adding a banana to one of your shakes per day, if possible in your PWO shake. I'm not going to bash you for consuming absolutely zero carbs, but a banana in your PWO shake provides a small amount of necessary carbs that you need after lifting.

Keep us updated, it sure is interesting!

rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100) rockpundit is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good luck to you man. I have a question though. Since youre consuming shakes throughout your day which is in liquid form arent you going to end up with Ulcers? I dont know but you should probably get some fibers in there with some greens.

IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People have great results on this diet. You get what you put in really.

And you can save a lot of money by drinking primarily shakes for a few weeks - esepcially if you know where to buy your protein. PM me for more info.
    www.ironbrendan.com