tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

about carbs from bread?

hey yall

wondering if im taking in to much carbs or should i even be eating bread. The bread i eat is honey flex whole wheat bread 19g of carbs per slice and i eat 4 slices a day? Also if i shouldn't be eating bread can you also explain what negative effect it has do to carbs (thanks).

here is info about me 6'5 273lbs (been cutting from 350 and trying to get bf% to low teens)

also diet info (get in about 2-2.5 gallons of water a day.)
    Morning=bowl of total with fruit and fat free skim milk and a glass of OJ.

3hrs later=2 peices of honey flex whole wheat bread and 2.5 tablesoons of reduced fat peanut butter.

3hrs later=2 peices same bread, 2-3 oz. of turkey breast (deli meat) 2 peices of cheese(varys) 1 tablespoon of reduced fat mayo , 1 tablespoon of mustard, and a peice of fruit.

3hrs later pretty much my last meal = turkey burger on whole wheat bun with cheese and salsa and some vegs or chicken with vegs or a healthy choice meal pak.

1hr before gym will have 2 scoops of protein(whey) with fruit 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 11oz of fat free skim milk.

After gym will have 1 scoop of whey and 1 scoop of casein.
    Also take fish oils with every meal and have 2-3 cups of black tea.

I no i dont eat enough and dont get enough protein but im trying to improve, Need to educate myself on food...

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hear they turn to glucose when digested
    Who do men say that I am?

smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tcwillfucus View Post
    hey yall

wondering if im taking in to much carbs or should i even be eating bread. The bread i eat is honey flex whole wheat bread 19g of carbs per slice and i eat 4 slices a day? Also if i shouldn't be eating bread can you also explain what negative effect it has do to carbs (thanks).

here is info about me 6'5 273lbs (been cutting from 350 and trying to get bf% to low teens)

also diet info (get in about 2-2.5 gallons of water a day.)
    Morning=bowl of total with fruit and fat free skim milk and a glass of OJ.

3hrs later=2 peices of honey flex whole wheat bread and 2.5 tablesoons of reduced fat peanut butter.

3hrs later=2 peices same bread, 2-3 oz. of turkey breast (deli meat) 2 peices of cheese(varys) 1 tablespoon of reduced fat mayo , 1 tablespoon of mustard, and a peice of fruit.

3hrs later pretty much my last meal = turkey burger on whole wheat bun with cheese and salsa and some vegs or chicken with vegs or a healthy choice meal pak.

1hr before gym will have 2 scoops of protein(whey) with fruit 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 11oz of fat free skim milk.

After gym will have 1 scoop of whey and 1 scoop of casein.
    Also take fish oils with every meal and have 2-3 cups of black tea.

I no i dont eat enough and dont get enough protein but im trying to improve, Need to educate myself on food...

personally i got rid of bread from my diet a long time ago. because I found a substitute. many grocery stores sell low carb wraps/pitas. Now while each serving has around 10-12 carbs, many of the wraps use oat fiber as the primary ingrediant, therefore the net impact carbs on these wraps (you subtract fiber) makes them ideal. I'll try and dig up an example...

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...arb-pita-bread

8grams of carbs per pita, 4 of which are fiber. They taste great too.

tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10) tcwillfucus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    I hear they turn to glucose when digested
    but isnt glucose a soure of energy.

smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smckdwn989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    excess glucose is stored as fat... meaning if you don't burn it, the body stores it.

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    excess glucose is stored as fat... meaning if you don't burn it, the body stores it.
    yep, unless you're also low on glycogen. Typically the body restores its glycogen (storage sugar) first then stores fat.

personally i got rid of bread from my diet a long time ago. because I found a substitute. many grocery stores sell low carb wraps/pitas. Now while each serving has around 10-12 carbs, many of the wraps use oat fiber as the primary ingrediant, therefore the net impact carbs on these wraps (you subtract fiber) makes them ideal. I'll try and dig up an example...

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...arb-pita-bread

8grams of carbs per pita, 4 of which are fiber. They taste great too.

hell yeah brah,, if i can cut my carb intake form 76g from bread to half that im all over that . Will look out for them wraps and pita's from now on.. thanks for the tip..

Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    yep, unless you're also low on glycogen. Typically the body restores its glycogen (storage sugar) first then stores fat.

i see , will knock bread of my grocery list. How do you know if you have low glycogen ? whats a sufficient amount (for my size or is it the same for every body)?

thanks
    Last edited by tcwillfucus; 07-31-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: mispelled

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. Now carry this logic to it's conclusion.

Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000)
    i see , will knock bread of my grocery list. How do you know if you have low glycogen ? whats a sufficient amount (for my size or is it the same for every body)?

thanks
    You don't need to knock it off your grocery list, just make sure you are getting the right calorie expenditures for your goals i.e. putting on weight, losing weight.. Meaning you can eat more or less of it depending on what you are trying to do with your body.

Originally Posted by Kataz View Post

Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    -------------------------------
    Strong Ass Jew Crew
    Big Beyond Belief and Bold Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120268681

care to elaborate? honestly, that's not even constructive.

care to elaborate? honestly, that's not even constructive.
    calories aren't stored unless you're in a caloric surplus

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i only eat two brands of bread.. Orowheat Double Fiber Bread and Ezekiel Sesame bread... I used to not eat bread and i felt awful, since incorportating it back into my life i have felt more energized.

Pickleboy2134 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Felonist View Post
    Please read this...
    very interesting... where do you find articles like this?

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    unless you are close to a contest that really isn't worth worrying about

thats some interesting stuff (and some hmm... need to rethink things). Need to read it a few times more. thanks for the reading material!

Pickleboy2134 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need carbs (or that i have found) you just want to control you intake just like everything else. Also get complex carbs not simple carbs. dont eat just bread, use oatmeal, brown rice, nature valley granola bars, tortilla (high in fiber depending on what brand u buy).

but like everyone says " calories in vs calories out"

Originally Posted by tjperez86 View Post
    i only eat two brands of bread.. Orowheat Double Fiber Bread and Ezekiel Sesame bread... I used to not eat bread and i felt awful, since incorportating it back into my life i have felt more energized.
    peepridge farm for me . i am slowly learning how my body acts and sometimes i do fell tried and down so i would give what my body wanted some carbs to refuel itself. but wondering for how much does the body need?

Originally Posted by Pickleboy2134 View Post
    you need carbs (or that i have found) you just want to control you intake just like everything else. Also get complex carbs not simple carbs. dont eat just bread, use oatmeal, brown rice, nature valley granola bars, tortilla (high in fiber depending on what brand u buy).

but like everyone says " calories in vs calories out"

o yea for sure .. The only thing is i cant make a sandwhich with oatmeal or rice . Im on the road alot when i work and im outside all the time as well, so dont have acess to cooking supplies.

calories aren't stored unless you're in a caloric surplus
    so you're saying there's no point in having a solid macronutrient profile? i could just eat candybars all day as long as I come in under my calories burned number?

bottom line, no one is saying carbohydrates shouldn't be part of a diet, but the type of carbohydrate makes a big difference. not to mention proteins and fats are crucial to any well rounded diet, especially if you're looking to build muscle.

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i could just eat candybars all day as long as I come in under my calories burned number?

so you're saying there's no point in having a solid macronutrient profile?
    Macronutrients matter, but not as much as most people think they do. Adequate protein is important. Minimum EFA's are important. Beyond that, ratios are a matter of personal preference, you just need to fit your overall calories in with your goals.

i could just eat candybars all day as long as I come in under my calories burned number?
    You wouldn't gain weight, but you would run into other problems. It wouldn't be a good diet for bodybuilding because you're not getting any protein.

bottom line, no one is saying carbohydrates shouldn't be part of a diet, but the type of carbohydrate makes a big difference.
    I disagree that type of carb makes a big difference (for body composition, general health is another matter), unless you're a diabetic or have some other issue.

not to mention proteins and fats are crucial to any well rounded diet, especially if you're looking to build muscle.
    No disagreement there.

Macronutrients matter, but not as much as most people think they do. Adequate protein is important. Minimum EFA's are important. Beyond that, ratios are a matter of personal preference, you just need to fit your overall calories in with your goals.

You wouldn't gain weight, but you would run into other problems. It wouldn't be a good diet for bodybuilding because you're not getting any protein.

I disagree that type of carb makes a big difference (for body composition, general health is another matter), unless you're a diabetic or have some other issue.

No disagreement there.
    i guess i was looking at this solely from the perspective that the goal was to gain clean muscle mass... fair points. i still try and keep my diet free of as many simple carbs as possible, with the bulk of my carbs coming from complex carbs and fiber rich foods.