deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Critique my workout

Hey guys. I thought I would post up my workout for you all to comment on. This workout is directly from bulkingforectomorphs.com and I have recently switched to it and am enjoying it a lot.

Some background about me.

I'm a very skinny ectomorph. I struggle to gain weight of any kind and muscle is exceptionally hard for me to gain. I'm sick of being skinny and want a body I can be proud of. I have done a lot of research to learn what I should be doing to gain lean muscle and have basically changed my life to acomplish my goals. I have read several times that ecto's should not train the same as everybody else. We need to focus on compound lifts and free weights and that's it. Nothing fancy, just good old compound movements and heavy weights. My diet is around 4000 cals a day and i'm very consistant with it.

Here is my workout. Every excercise is done for 3 sets and I keep the reps between 4 and 8 per set.

Day 1

Bench Press
    Military Press
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Squats
    Seated Calf Raise

Day 2

Bent Over Row
    Lat Pulldown
    Dumbell Shrug
    Dumbell Curl
    Stiff Legged Deadlift

Day 3

Incline Dumbell Press
    Dumbell Shoulder Press
    Skull Crusher
    Leg Press
    Leg Press Calf Raise

Day 4

Deadlift
    Pull-ups
    Barbell Shrug
    Barbell Curl
    Lying Leg Curl

The main reason I want this workout critiqued is because I find it strange that it splits up body parts so much. From what I have seen most people dedicate days to 2 or 3 muscle groups and go really hard on them and then rest a week before training the same muscles (ie dedicated back and arms day or dedicated leg day). This workout differs as it basically has one exercise per muscle group everyday and then you train the same muscle another day using a different exercise.

So what do you all think?
    I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power, I'm told. That's why I'm compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar...

Hospital please.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it's too varied for you, at your stage of development. I think you should stick to less exercises on a two-day split, rather than so many in a four day split. Otherwise, I think you picked a lot of good exercises. Clearly you've thought out what you want to do.

DAY A
    Bench Press
    Bent Over Row
    Military Press
    Lat Pulldown (and later, switch to Weighted Pullups)
    Shrugs

DAY B
    Deadlift
    Leg Extension
    Leg Curl
    Leg Press or Squat
    Calf Raise

The reason I throw Deadlift onto leg day is that you also work the legs to some extent with the Deadlift, and it more evenly divides up the exercises between the days. I also add Leg Extensions as an antagonistic exercise to Leg Curls.

You'll also notice armwork isn't in my list of suggestions. Just doing those heavy compounds will be quite a workout already. Though if you have energy after the workout, you could add them.
    --- Nick ---

T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What i would recommend is a Pure Compound Weekly Routine, something like this:

MONDAY - SQUAT DAY
    TUESDAY - REST DAY
    WEDNESDAY - BENCH PRESS DAY
    THURDAY - REST DAY
    FRIDAY - DEADLIFT DAY
    SATURDAY - REST DAY
    SUNDAY - REST DAY

I f u want me to break it down further just ask, but this routine will get you hitting the compounds hard with maximal rest inbetween workouts.
    I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a Strongman, lifting/carrying big, getting big!

deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deniall is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks a lot guys.
    I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power, I'm told. That's why I'm compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar...

Hospital please.

baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10) baseballmaui is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by T-BarSteak View Post
    What i would recommend is a Pure Compound Weekly Routine, something like this:

MONDAY - SQUAT DAY
    TUESDAY - REST DAY
    WEDNESDAY - BENCH PRESS DAY
    THURDAY - REST DAY
    FRIDAY - DEADLIFT DAY
    SATURDAY - REST DAY
    SUNDAY - REST DAY

I f u want me to break it down further just ask, but this routine will get you hitting the compounds hard with maximal rest inbetween workouts.
    agreed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112388731

check it out please.