Closed Thread
    robbo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push Ups and Bench Press?

right i have just had a thought - a lot of people on here say they are benching a lot more than their body weight - and while i'm not saying that they are lying i want to know should people on average be able to press more than their body weight?

so say if you weigh 170 lbs - should you be able to press 170 or more if you are able to push your weight up? i dont no how it works so thanks 4 help

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im confused about your question. Are you asking:
    1. If you can do a pushup, should you be able to bench your bodyweight?
    or
    2. If you can bench your bodyweight, shouldnt you be able to do pushups with added weight?
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no, if you do a pushup, you don't push your complete bodyweight, only a rather small percentage of your bodyweight.

(remember your feet touch the ground aswell...)
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam." - Winston Churchill