Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump ma Bicep will become famous soon enough. (+50)

After you workout do your muscles need to hurt the next morning?

I been back into the gym for 3-4 weeks and my first 2-3 weeks after a workout i been hurting in that muscle area that i worked the morning after i worked out.

Recently i havent been feeling any pain does this mean i am not working hard enough or is this how it is when your body gets used to working out?

I have increased my weight.

Thanks for your help

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pump ma Bicep View Post
    I been back into the gym for 3-4 weeks and my first 2-3 weeks after a workout i been hurting in that muscle area that i worked the morning after i worked out.

Recently i havent been feeling any pain does this mean i am not working hard enough or is this how it is when your body gets used to working out?

Thanks for your help
    If you are a rank noob, you'll be sore pretty much from anything. As you gain muscle conditioning, the soreness may or may not be as pronounced due to adaptions.

Without knowing your traning program, you've likely adapted to the current level of stimulus. It may be time to re-evaluate your what you are doing - add additional exercises, change exercises, more volume, more weight, etc...

Originally Posted by in10city
    Ultimately, tangible progress is the final goal, not necessarily soreness. While it's not necessary to be sore to grow, it is a good indicator of how certain exercises hit certain body parts / muscle groups and that you are using the right training load. It also can be a useful tool for more experienced trainers who know their bodys well.

The more conditioned and experienced you become, you may not always feel DOMs or feel it to high degrees of severity. And the occurance is in part related to your frequency, volume, rep range, rep speed, exercise selection, and form as well as your muscle conditioning.

Smaller muscle groups tend not to get sore as larger ones and muscle fiber makeup will confound matters.

It could be time for you to step back and take a look at your training - increase weight or volume for instance or use different exercises that overload different parts of the ROM.
    Last edited by in10city; 11-15-2008 at 04:02 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No pain, no gain.
    Chris
    Building a Lean Mass SuperHero Body or die trying.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pump ma Bicep View Post

Thanks for your help
    With adaption, comes decreased soreness.

Soreness is not a requisite for progress.

I don't get it. No body can tell you whether or not you are working out hard enough. You don't mention anything about what you are doing.

Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000) Bantropic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by creddington View Post
    No pain, no gain.
    That is a moronic quote.

Soreness is NOT an indicator of exercise effectiveness.

Still admirin Xmas brah? BaSsSiKk's Avatar
    BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Doms are not a sign of muscle growth or the start of muscle growth.

odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10) odinlives is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hell I'm always slightly sore the next day. It's not ridiculous muscle tearing pain and it's not so bad I can't funtion while doing cardio but I definitley am slightly sore the next day especially after squats or deads.

Recovered Ameribrah headinahole's Avatar
    headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stiff, possibly.

Sore, no. It's not a bad thing, but it's not a neccassarily a good thing either.
    ***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Official Dog Owners Crew***
    ***Whiskey Neat Crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***Dallas Misc***
    Back From Back Injury pic thread updated (8/21/14)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162931351

dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dinger8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    x2 , soreness just means your either new, you did something different or you havent done a particular excersise in a while. i stopped lifting for years and when i started back up a year ago i was sore for a week or two but i do not get sore anymore unless i dont do something like squats for 2 weeks or so
    my opinions are just that, opinions

joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good then, cos I don't feel sore unless i'm trying something new..and I was wondering why....but i do feel stiffness or soreness sometimes after I increase up to new weight on some body parts.