Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is Rippetoe's too basic? Not enough?

Hey guys,

I was reading over the Rippetoe's program and it seems kinda basic to me...is it really that good? Since I've heard good things about it....

I mean, all it seems like is rotating A & B workouts with the basic compound lifts...squat, dead, bench press, military press and a row or clean....

How long should you do this program for? It seems like your body would get used to it very quickly since there is no room for variation or additional exercises.....and it seems more like a beginner workout to me.....

Has anyone made any good gains or had any good results on it?

I have been working out about 2 years now (6'1, 185) but on a mostly bodybuilding split (more exercises, sets, and isolation moves) so idk if this would be a good program for me.....what do u all think?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It works. Like any other program you stay on it till you plateu on it. Basic programs are great for strength IMO.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I Don?t do this routine.

But your body never gets ?used?to Deadlifts, Bench Presses, or Squats . Or maybe you are already DLing 600, Benching 400, and squatting 600 and really cant go more

Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
    Hey guys,

I was reading over the Rippetoe's program and it seems kinda basic to me...is it really that good? Since I've heard good things about it....

I mean, all it seems like is rotating A & B workouts with the basic compound lifts...squat, dead, bench press, military press and a row or clean....

How long should you do this program for? It seems like your body would get used to it very quickly since there is no room for variation or additional exercises.....and it seems more like a beginner workout to me.....

I have been working out about 2 years now (6'1, 185) but on a mostly bodybuilding split (more exercises, sets, and isolation moves) so idk if this would be a good program for me.....what do u all think?
    Less is more in this case.
    The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

PSN: MrLoswaldo
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Umad_Brasiek
    Blog: newjackhiphop.com

M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-linebacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
    Hey guys,

If all you've been doing is bodybuilding type stuff then this will definatly work for you.

workouts don't need to be complicated to work. it's all about overloading the muscle, not how many exercises you do
    Rest Isn't Taken, It's Earned.

"Football is all about Legs & Core" - Doug Hawking

colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colly-boyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

it worls

it defo works. i bought his book about three months ago now and have stuck to the program fairly strictly.
    i've gotton a lot stronger and weight is going up all the time. i am 6'2" and now 13and half stone. i was just touching 13stone when i started.
    the gains are real and posture has improved.
    i was bodybuilding for two years previously and made noticeable gains but this has opened up a new door.
    i eat as much as possible and drink a **** load of milk.
    i highly recommend ripetoes programme to you. do it for 12 weeks and let me know how your gettin on.
    i hated squatting at the start but after seeing the results i love it now.

my email is oleary421@hotmail.com or just reply to this post. i'm sure you will be pleased
    I'm here to learn

5 Months Of Training Left Linebacker37's Avatar
    Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your on a plateu give it a shot for 12 weeks, like said above, and then keep us updated throughout the program.

also watch your diet