Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Post My 3 month transformation pictures

After being fat for 15 years, I decided I would transform my body for my senior year. I started towards the end of 11th grade and by the time vacations were over (5 month total) I went from being severely obese to semi-muscular. I dont have pictures of that transformation because I had no digital camera then.

By age 21, I hit my peak. Two injuries, me slacking, junk food eating for 2 years, and looking myself at the mirror made me realize it was time for another transformation. I registered on this forum to learn about supplements that would help me get my body back later and found this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9841261&page=6 (credit card in waist was required to enter contest to show no fraud).

I joined that transformation contest and took first pic Aug 18th and last picture November 10th. I think I achieved my goal.

(All front relaxed pics)

There are more pictures in my bodyspace of the full transformation.

I received several emails and PM's asking me what I did so I decided to make this thread to answer those questions here.

Workout
    5 times a week, one muscle group per day (chest/back/shoulder/legs/arms) lifted as hard as I could.

Cardio
    in those three months, I played racquetball about 4 times, jogged only 5 times, and played soccer one time. All the fat I lost, I lost from training hard. I barely even warmed up before workout, so if you lift hard and have a diet in check, you should be able to lose the fat.

Abs Workout
    There are some that say you should treat abs like every other muscle and train them every other day... I just did them every day. After workout, while watching TV, before taking a shower, and any time I was bored doing nothing in my room.

Diet
    This is where I might get flamed. During these three months, I only ate solids for lunch (two chicken breasts, can of tuna, or two lean meat pieces). For breakfast, meal, and dinner, I had a 48ounce blender filled with 6 scoops of protein powder and oats and peanut butter and other things. I divided those 48 ounces into 4 servings of 12oz to take throughout the day. I am sure this isnt the best diet, but I went for it because I hate cooking and cleaning and I did not feel dizzy or in lack of strength at the gym. In these 3 months, I have had NO cheat meals (other than sushi 3 or 4 times because my friends know that is my only weak spot).

Supplements
    Casein, whey protein, animal pak, animal omega, lax oil, white flood, green mag, purple wraath. (NO fat burners).

Whats next?
    I will start eating more cooked meals and incorporate cardio. I will try the EC stack http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm for a month and see how much I can cut.

Questions?
    If you have any, I will try and answer them here. I dont claim to be a pro at diet or working out routines, I am just a very dedicated and motivated person when it comes to wanting my body a certain way.
    Last edited by Schnitter; 11-13-2008 at 06:40 PM.

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd be interested to know whether you feel like you just got back what you had before, or if you now look even better than before? I hear that muscular guys who have slacked for a few years generally make rapid comebacks due to muscle memory.

Either way, amazing transformation, well done. Would be great to know your height/weight/bf before and after if you have that info.

Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by APwn View Post
    I'd be interested to know whether you feel like you just got back what you had before, or if you now look even better than before? I hear that muscular guys who have slacked for a few years generally make rapid comebacks due to muscle memory.

Either way, amazing transformation, well done. Would be great to know your height/weight/bf before and after if you have that info.
    I am more muscular now than I was before, but I used to be stronger before. Height has always remained the same, and I weighed 178 when I started this August and I weigh 181 now @ 8% body fat (when I was 21 I weighed 174 and was at 6% fat). Its not a big LBS increase, but if you consider the fat loss that means I gained a good amount of muscle LBS. I dont know fat % August because I did not want to take my shirt off for anyone.

robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    awesome transformation! I am in the middle of a transformation and hope to have similar success... I doubt I'll have that much muscle, but I'm aiming high.
    ***WetBreasts is gonna make it crew***
    ***I Love My Ducks Crew***
    ***AMAZON FBA CREW***

RIP amazonbrah. May you CEO in heaven.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Amazing transformation bro! Keep up the good work!
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good Job...

How many calories did eat a day...?

Were you carb concious ?
    My 2nd (most recent) 11 oxo log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112545121

My 1st 11oxo Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108766191

My staples

Whey Protien
    Cee Creatine/NO Product
    Multi

Originally Posted by Smallguy2 View Post
    Good Job...

How many calories did eat a day...?

Were you carb concious ?
    I suck at counting carbs and all that, I guess less than 2000 cal a day. 2 chicken breast and 48 ounce of protein shake mixed with peanut butter, oat, and milk is all I had.

Originally Posted by cawiau View Post
    Amazing transformation bro! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I will be doing the EC stack starting monday for a month. I will, hopefully, reach 5% fat and post pics. I am starting cardio now.

kickercivic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all what you did is just amazing period. Second how often did you workout those abs?? and what did you do??

Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xform1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kickercivic1 View Post
    First of all what you did is just amazing period. Second how often did you workout those abs?? and what did you do??
    Did you read what he wrote?

Abs Workout
    There are some that say you should treat abs like every other muscle and train them every other day... I just did them every day. After workout, while watching TV, before taking a shower, and any time I was bored doing nothing in my room.

Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Wow, I am very jealous of your entire midsection. Abs and Adonis belt look amazing. Do you have a breakdown of your routine? I would love to attempt to get abs, but I don't want to get small. I am just now able to fill out Medium shirts and don't want to look small again.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

Originally Posted by mattf485 View Post
    Wow, I am very jealous of your entire midsection. Abs and Adonis belt look amazing. Do you have a breakdown of your routine? I would love to attempt to get abs, but I don't want to get small. I am just now able to fill out Medium shirts and don't want to look small again.
    After workout at the gym, I do as many leg raises as I can four sets. Then I go to the mats and use a medicine ball and do various different exercises. I do basic crunches instead of resting (unless my lower back hurts) in between sets. Once I get home, I come to the forums just to cool off and then I turn on the TV to do some abs. I have two stools in my living room that I use to raise my legs from the floor (using arms) and do leg raises until failure (to the front and to the sides). After I cant do any more leg raises, I put a pillow on the floor for my knees and use the ab roller (http://a2zequipment.com/wp-content/u...ise_wheel.jpg). I use it until I cant do anymore and then do crunches and floor leg raises (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...ges/site/5.jpg) rest a bit to do leg raises in stool again.
    Last edited by Schnitter; 11-13-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    After workout at the gym, I do as many leg raises as I can four sets. Then I go to the mats and use a medicine ball and do various different exercises. I do basic crunches instead of resting (unless my lower back hurts) in between sets. Once I get home, I come to the forums just to cool off and then I turn on the TV to do some abs. I have two stools in my living room that I use to raise my legs from the floor (using arms) and do leg raises until failure (to the front and to the sides). After I cant do any more leg raises, I put a pillow on the floor for my knees and use the ab roller (http://a2zequipment.com/wp-content/u...ise_wheel.jpg). I use it until I cant do anymore and then do crunches and rest a bit to do leg raises again.
    No weighted ab work?

Did you do this ab routine every day of the week (Mon-Fri)?
    Last edited by mattf485; 11-13-2008 at 06:40 PM.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

No weighted ab work?

Did you do this ab routine every day of the week (Mon-Fri)?
    I held a 5lb dumbbell with my feet while doing leg raises at the gym and used the medicine ball as weight while on the mat, but not always. I tried to do abs every day (including sat and sunday) but I didnt do them every day.

I held a 5lb dumbbell with my feet while doing leg raises at the gym and used the medicine ball as weight while on the mat, but not always. I tried to do abs every day (including sat and sunday) but I didnt do them every day.
    Right now I work abs once or twice a week. Not very intensly though, usually only one exercise with 3 sets. I used to do crunches, but they were too easy and didn't get me sore. Using weighted crunch machines get me sore.

Right now I'm trying to get bigger and stronger, but I am not every very many calories a day. I want to lose fat, but I don't want to get "smaller". I still want to look big with my shirt on. Thats the reason I have never gone after losing weight. I just keeping working out hard and hoping that I will lose fat as I am gaining muscle.

Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great progress! Good to see that you set a goal and reached it with hard work. Props for that
    Transformation Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145176171

...I just keeping working out hard and hoping that I will lose fat as I am gaining muscle.
    You should be able to do so. I did almost no cardio and lost tons of fat just by hitting the weights hard and resting little between sets. If you do 30 mins straight of abs, with little rest in between, you should get them sore even without weights. There are ab classes (45 min duration) going on daily @ my college gym, you can replicate many of those ab workouts at home. Even if your abs dont get sore, they should grow if you hit them constantly.

Originally Posted by Leprechauns1021 View Post
    Great progress! Good to see that you set a goal and reached it with hard work. Props for that
    Thanks for the kind words (and all you others) that's going to make me train abs harder for sure

A month after Monday, I should be seeing the lower two abs if everything goes right.

You should be able to do so. I did almost no cardio and lost tons of fat just by hitting the weights hard and resting little between sets. If you do 30 mins straight of abs, with little rest in between, you should get them sore even without weights. There are ab classes (45 min duration) going on daily @ my college gym, you can replicate many of those ab workouts at home. Even if your abs dont get sore, they should grow if you hit them constantly.

Ok, thanks, I'll focus more on abs too. I'm just now really focusing on legs also, so hopefully I can bring this all together.

I just gotta lose some fat too or no matter how much I work my abs, I will not be able to see them. Hopefully I can get this done.

poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000) poundeloh69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice man looking good (no homo)

those relaxed pics are wicked! hell

Originally Posted by joeyvajda View Post
    nice man looking good (no homo)

those relaxed pics are wicked! hell
    Thanks man! Check back in a month (before the family dinners for Xmas+Newyears), I know I will eat back home so trying to get as fit as I can before then.

krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000) krazyfk is just really nice. (+1000)
    very inspiring

Originally Posted by krazyfk View Post
    very inspiring
    Thanks man.

I ordered my Ephedrine pills (pure) like a week ago and still dont get them... I hope I get them monday to start the cutting. Will let you guys know how the EC stack goes for me. I will try 2 times a day instead of 3 just in case.

Goddamned Stickam had me hooked till 6am... not good for tomorrows chest day. Need to get back to proper sleeping.

bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500)
    good lookin brah. (no homo) I have the same issue also, I have lost alot of weight but still some belly fat.

You lost all that belly fat and have abs now. Props brah! I guess I need to check in diet now, did you work on the abs everyday??

Btw, stickam crew!!

^ yep abs every day and more than once. No cardio except for swetting like mofo while lifting hard and doing abs.

bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500) bb_misc4lyfe is not very helpful. (-500)
    ^ yep abs every day and more than once. No cardio except for swetting like mofo while lifting hard and doing abs.
    What was your technique on the abs?

same shit different day. YoYOFerrero's Avatar
    YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YoYOFerrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    amazing progress for 3 months man, you are kicking my ass.
    USPlabs - 'nough said.

KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50) KalVash will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Great job, great transformation.
    My Progress Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113300401

Originally Posted by bb_misc4lyfe View Post
    What was your technique on the abs?
    After workout at the gym, I do as many leg raises as I can four sets. Then I go to the mats and use a medicine ball and do various different exercises. I do basic crunches instead of resting (unless my lower back hurts) in between sets. Once I get home, I come to the forums just to cool off and then I turn on the TV to do some abs. I have two stools in my living room that I use to raise my legs from the floor (using arms) and do leg raises until failure (to the front and to the sides). After I cant do any more leg raises, I put a pillow on the floor for my knees and use the ab roller (http://a2zequipment.com/wp-content/u...ise_wheel.jpg). I use it until I cant do anymore and then do crunches and floor leg raises (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...ges/site/5.jpg) rest a bit to do leg raises in stool again.

Originally Posted by YoYOFerrero View Post
    amazing progress for 3 months man, you are kicking my ass.
    Originally Posted by KalVash View Post
    Great job, great transformation.
    Thanks guises, I thought it would be better to be as strict as possible for 4 month than cheat and dont push as hard for 8 months. You know, with the holidays coming soon... I am going to have to eat what my family places on my dish

Laughs like Santa Clause Gordon Bombay's Avatar
    Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Muscle memory ftw. What kind of numbers are you running with your lifts?
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring."
    -Sagan

DFW Crew
    Mad Text Game Crew