TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good workout for a 13 year old??

im a 13 year old that fights MMA. and need a good workout. anyone have any ideas of things i can do??? *Also, my size* Im kinda small. Im about 5'6-5'7. And weigh 110 lbs. And i wana gain some weight. Anyone wana give me advice of what i shold get my weight to and what my workout should be.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TapouT11 View Post
    im a 13 year old that fights MMA. and need a good workout. anyone have any ideas of things i can do??? *Also, my size* Im kinda small. Im about 5'6-5'7. And weigh 110 lbs. And i wana gain some weight. Anyone wana give me advice of what i shold get my weight to and what my workout should be.
    What does your MMA instructor have you doing right now? just off the top of my head you'll be doing tons of cardio and endurance training. Push ups, pull ups, crunches, dips. If you wanna work with weights you should be doing higher numbers of reps at less weight somewhere in the 6-10 rep range for squats & benches. Your still growing so you don't want to be doing 1 rep maxes as some doctors say it can harm bone development in growing bodies.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TapouT11 View Post
    you should be doing plenty of bodyweight exercises and cardio/core during your mma workouts just by doing it your working out those areas...

so for your age and burning so many calories... make sure you are eating nice big whole meals (supplements i would avoid, nothing gets you bigger and cheaper than good old home cooking type meals...chili, pizza, meat and potatoes...etc... chk sands...etc...veggies fruits olive oil peanut butter milk eggs whole wheat bread oatmeal salmon...etc...go to the nutrition section and read up on clean bulking type info, the only supplements i would take is fish capsules for omega 3s and some cheap protein powder WPC is fine 4$ a lb or so is a good price)

you want to be eating every 3 hours, 2 hours before your mma workout/weight workouts eat a nice size meal and then about 30 minutes before your workout start sipping on a mix of dextrose (i use gatorade powder, the premade drinks are not dextrose based) and protein... put about 75 grams of carbs in there using the dextrose based idea (people now are doing waxy maize or something but its cheaper and prob just as effective to use dextrose the tried and true) with 50 grams of protein powder.... so start sipping on that to give you some pre workout energy and during the workout sip on it as needed with lots of water as well...then after your workout finish off the drink and drink some water (add creatine to the drink as well) and then an hour later eat a good home cooked whole meal...

you need to kinda force feed yourself...if you wake up in the middle of the night to go pee...make a detour to the frig and get a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and chase it with a big glass of skim milk to increase your calories... have a glass of milk with each meal if you can...or most meals...

i wish someone would have told me all this good info when i was 13...that way i could be 220 before i got out of highschool....

as for the weights...

for now do a MWF routine... or a T TH SAT the other days can be mma days or off days...

stick to powerful lifts 90% of the time they give you the best growth for your time... squat, power cleans, hang cleans, shrugs, bench press, rows, pull ups, dips, deadlifts etc....... dont worry about bicep curls too much... but add them in as needed for fun...

m would be upper
    w would be lower body
    f would be upper again

then the next week
    m would be lower
    w would be upper
    f would b e lower...

see each week either upper or lower gets a little more rest to recover then the next week its worked more...

sleep as much as you can...8-10 hours if you can would be great...

good luck and get big and strong to help you wreck the guys on the mats.... pm me if you need anymore help or specific info.....