PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Low GI > Complex Carbs

Just figured I would post this to help anyone confused cause some people still think that recognizing if the carbs are Complex or Simple tell them the absorption rate, when actually it doesn't tell them anything. The best way to find the slow absorbing and fast absorbing carbs is to use the GI index. You can get GI ratings at www.glycemicindex.com.

thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in before the fail

o wait
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com

The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerThirst has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by thebasil View Post
    in before the fail

o wait
    I am just stating the truth and trying to help others who don't understand....

too late, no friends deejaykaydee's Avatar
    deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're doing it wrong
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Colonel Sanders

Originally Posted by deejaykaydee View Post
    You're doing it wrong
    If you could, please explain.

too late, no friends deejaykaydee's Avatar
    deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PowerThirst View Post
    If you could, please explain.
    Only if you explain why people should consume low GI foods.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Colonel Sanders

Originally Posted by deejaykaydee View Post
    Only if you explain why people should consume low GI foods.

Carbs contain many different molecular structures when eaten but the body can only use one, which is the monosaccharide glucose. So carbs when eaten must be converted to glucose to be absorbed by the gut. The misconception of complex and simple comes in when you look at the chains of carbohydrates. Glucose is a single monosaccharide but there are three different types of monosaccharides that the human body can recognize when we consume carbs, those three being glucose, glactose, and fructose but it only absorbs glucose. Now to keep this simple since I'm assuming you haven't had any biochemistry or organic chemistry, a complex carb (polysaccharide) is just a long chain of monosacharrides, though it doesn't matter what those monosacharides are. So if you have a long chain of glucose your body just has to start cleaving those bonds giving you many glucose molecules therefore causing a rapid absorption. But if you look at a fructose or a glactose its a whole new ball game. Even though these are the simplest forms of carbs like pure glucose, being a monosaccharide, the body has to CHANGE THE MOLECULAR STRUCTURE. This means it has to create glucose from what its been given, instead of just snipping a bond and getting lots of glucose.
    Now don't get me wrong cause not all complex carbs are bad since not all of them are long chains of pure glucose, but if you look at maltodextrin (which is considered complex) it is a chain of glucoses. This carb spikes your insulin like crazy which is what you trying to avoid unless its in you post workout meal.
    If their is anything unclear or if there is anything else anyone wants to talk about I'm game. I just typed this up kind of quick and I know I left some stuff out.

Its your turn now dude, so lets hear your side....
    Last edited by PowerThirst; 11-12-2008 at 10:59 PM.

danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danoobsminion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol in for this thread

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Now to keep this simple since I'm assuming you haven't had any biochemistry or organic chemistry...
    LOL, I'm assuming you haven't either...
    No sir, I don't like it.

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm just wondering what carbs you know of that are simple but low GI.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    ya ur right dude... Pharmacy School.. Like that means anything....

Originally Posted by hooked4life View Post
    I'm just wondering what carbs you know of that are simple but low GI.
    Do you mean carbs or the foods their present in? The carbs that gets all the bad rep are fructose.. Its as simple as a carbohydrate gets but is absorbed slow. Another one is lactose sugars in milk ( galactose + fructose) which are absorbed really slow also. There are also other ones, but I'm just trying to get the point across that not all simple sugars are fast and not all complex sugars are slow.
    Last edited by PowerThirst; 11-13-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ya ur right dude... Pharmacy School.. Like that means anything....
    If you're in Pharmacy school, you should study harder. Or ask for your money back...
    No sir, I don't like it.

If you're in Pharmacy school, you should study harder. Or ask for your money back...
    Wow.. Just stop posting unless your going to actually tell me why I'm wrong

I can't understand why its so hard to believe this stuff. The GI was only made for diabetics... and since its kkiiinnddoofff important for them to have slow absorbing carbs when they eat them, you know since they don't want to die, i figured it would be a little more accurate than some random guys on a bodybuilding forum telling you what carbs are better.
    Last edited by PowerThirst; 11-13-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100) Lex350 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Carbs contain many different molecular structures when eaten but the body can only use one, which is the monosaccharide glucose. So carbs when eaten must be converted to glucose to be absorbed by the gut. The misconception of complex and simple comes in when you look at the chains of carbohydrates. Glucose is a single monosaccharide but there are three different types of monosaccharides that the human body can recognize when we consume carbs, those three being glucose, glactose, and fructose but it only absorbs glucose. Now to keep this simple since I'm assuming you haven't had any biochemistry or organic chemistry, a complex carb (polysaccharide) is just a long chain of monosacharrides, though it doesn't matter what those monosacharides are. So if you have a long chain of glucose your body just has to start cleaving those bonds giving you many glucose molecules therefore causing a rapid absorption. But if you look at a fructose or a glactose its a whole new ball game. Even though these are the simplest forms of carbs like pure glucose, being a monosaccharide, the body has to CHANGE THE MOLECULAR STRUCTURE. This means it has to create glucose from what its been given, instead of just snipping a bond and getting lots of glucose.
    Now don't get me wrong cause not all complex carbs are bad since not all of them are long chains of pure glucose, but if you look at maltodextrin (which is considered complex) it is a chain of glucoses. This carb spikes your insulin like crazy which is what you trying to avoid unless its in you post workout meal.
    If their is anything unclear or if there is anything else anyone wants to talk about I'm game. I just typed this up kind of quick and I know I left some stuff out.

Its your turn now dude, so lets hear your side....
    Wow thanks for the deep science. Fantastic grade 11-12 biology lesson on macromolecules. You learn some deep **** in pharm school.

There aren't a lot of foods which are complex carbs like maltodextrin. I don't think anyone on this board would think eating a pile of maltodextrin is the same as eating some steel cut oats.

Fructose is so easily converted to glucose. Where do you get your info from? You're pharmacy books?

And what the f*ck is glactose? Do you mean CH2OH? Because that's spelt galactose.

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    dammit.. beat me to it..

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow.. Just stop posting unless your going to actually tell me why I'm wrong

I can't understand why its so hard to believe this stuff. The GI was only made for diabetics... and since its kkiiinnddoofff important for them to have slow absorbing carbs when they eat them, you know since they don't want to die, i figured it would be a little more accurate than some random guys on a bodybuilding forum telling you what carbs are better.
    so some random guy comes on bodybuilding.com and starts regurgitating textbook lessons that hardly apply to real life?

GI matters if you are eating just that source on an empty stomach..

BTW, peanut M&M's have a low GI.. so I guess that means they're a good source of carbs then? Ice cream is low GI too..

Eating a full meal(like most people do) with protein, fat, and fiber makes GI differences negligible.

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only thing that can really be considered when talking about the GI of carb sources is that low GI TENDS to have more nutrients, but that's not true in all cases(white potatoes for example). Plus in a mixed meal it makes no difference like others have said.

I hope I can get a good insulin spike after my workout with my pizza cause of the white dough....

liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just figured I would post this to help anyone confused cause some people still think that recognizing if the carbs are Complex or Simple tell them the absorption rate, when actually it doesn't tell them anything. The best way to find the slow absorbing and fast absorbing carbs is to use the GI index. You can get GI ratings at www.glycemicindex.com.
    The FAIL can have a strong influence on the weak-minded. The Fail is strong with this one.