GrecoWrestler-Kickboxing MastaM's Avatar
    MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MastaM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Running Vs Jump Rope For Calves

Is running or jump roping better for overall calf development? Thank you all in advance.

ChrisJames1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisJames1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hm..I'd have to say jump rope because your using your calves more to jump than your legs as running makes use of your thighs and glutes more but still work the calves....but it also depends on the intensity of the workout also
    bring the pain

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jump rope, if done properly.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Location: Lets see how much shit I can type in this box before it cuts me off... still going? Well this is indeed an event. Wait right here while I get my diary and jot this shit down, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIUNIU_SAN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've gone through periods of lots of road running (over 10 years of it in all) and my calves are rubbish. Long distance, sprints, intervals, I don't care what anyone says - running won't build you big calves.

But if someone knows something that will - I'd love to know
    www.prohormoneforum.com

ChrisJames1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisJames1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I've gone through periods of lots of road running (over 10 years of it in all) and my calves are rubbish. Long distance, sprints, intervals, I don't care what anyone says - running won't build you big calves.

But if someone knows something that will - I'd love to know

jump rope(both feet and one legged)...running up hills/stairs,incline treadmills,calf raises(weighted or not),slow jogs(basicly bounce with your calves) them should get you big calves bro
    bring the pain

brettdavis4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try jumping rope on a bosu ball. I had small calves and I've notice they look a lot better after months of jumping robe on a bosu ball.

I'd recommend swinging the rope left and then right and then jump. It is a hard thing to do, but it is cool if you can pull it off.

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)

bigger calves

I think jumping rope is fantastic for your calves but honestly weight training is the way to really up their size. Calves are one of the most stubborn muscles to develop because they take so much abuse in your day to day life. Go heavy and use a full range of motion to get bigger calves. But jump rope to give em a nice defined edge
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For me, I respond to either, and my calves were better when I played competitive tennis than now.

Running up hills is a good calf exercise, but skipping perhaps cannot be beaten for cardio with incidental calf benefits

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Depends on how you run and how you jump rope. Both are good exercises, just do both or something. I'd pick skipping indoors on runny days. Running is a more all-around useful athletic activity, but your environment limits you to when you can go all-out (crosswalks, etc) whereas skipping since you stay in the same spot nothing has to halt you, and you can zone out a bit more and ignore the environment by comparison.

spmbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel the burn in calves when i climb stairs. i take two steps at a time around 500

uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) uberkingkong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Honestly, I think power walking works your calves more than running.

Whenever I run I don't feel anything in my lower legs but when I have to power walk man oh man my lower legs, calves and especially shins they be feeling it hard.
    Like when I'm late for something and your in cloths where you don't want to run so you have to power walk to that place, in that 5-10 min period you can start to feel the lower legs working hard.
    Same with playing a basketball game, very good calves, shins.

As for running or jumping rope, Jumping rope is better. Running is just an endurance thing if you ask me.