englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10)

arms and shoulder workout

what do you think of my arms and shoulder workout
    anything you would change ?
    or add in ?
    i havent been making any gains on my arms and im not sure if its the workout !!

biceps:
    preacher curls 4x10
    dumbell curls 4x8-10
    barbell curls 4x8 (heavy)

Triceps:
    close grip bench press 4x10
    tricep extentions 4x10
    skullcrushers 4x8

shoulders:
    arnold press 4x10
    lateral raises 4x10
    military press 4x6-8 (heavy)
    dumbell shrugs 3x8 (heavy)
    Last edited by englandchris; 11-11-2008 at 11:18 AM.

PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Too many biceps are the same, maybe throw some hammer curls in there instead.

Don't work your traps brah?

Also IMO, do arms and shoulders on different days.
    PRM - Off-Season and Competition Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140058233

englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10) englandchris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
    Too many biceps are the same, maybe throw some hammer curls in there instead.

Don't work your traps brah?

Also IMO, do arms and shoulders on different days.
    ok brah
    i only do dumbell shrugs, im kinda genetically gifted with traps
    why should i do my arms on a different day brah ?

my routine is
    monday : chest/back

tuesday: legs

wednesday: arm/shoulder

friday: chest/back

youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) youngbuck88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO you have way too many sets..id do 1-2 set per diff exercise

i wouldnt do shoulders at the same time with triceps like someone said because you use your triceps to push for shoulder exercises.So if you train triceps along with shoulders that you'll be overworking the muscle.
    tapout crew

PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I find shoulder days and arm days to be quite long, so if i did them both on the same day i'd be there for around 3 hours. I have a 5 day split and find it works well. Edit: and i do less than you for my arms but more for shoulders.

I find shoulder days and arm days to be quite long, so if i did them both on the same day i'd be there for around 3 hours. I have a 5 day split and find it works well. Edit: and i do less than you for my arms but more for shoulders.
    my arms on there own take around 45 mins, if i add shoulders, 1hr 10 mins lol
    what do you think of my overall routine ?
    ive made great gains in my back and chest , but not in my arms

Originally Posted by englandchris View Post
    what do you think of my arms and shoulder workout
    anything you would change ?
    or add in ?
    i havent been making any gains on my arms and im not sure if its the workout !!

biceps:
    preacher curls 4x10
    dumbell curls 4x8-10
    barbell curls 4x8 (heavy)

Triceps:
    close grip bench press 4x10
    tricep extentions 4x10
    skullcrushers 4x8

shoulders:
    arnold press 4x10
    lateral raises 4x10
    military press 4x6-8 (heavy)
    dumbell shrugs 3x8 (heavy)
    my arms on there own take around 45 mins, if i add shoulders, 1hr 10 mins lol
    what do you think of my workout ?
    ive made great gains in my back and chest , but not in my arms
    Doesn't look bad to me, but too many of the same movements for biceps like i said.

You're tricep routnie is nearly the same as mine, but i do dips instead of skull crushers. Oh, and what about forearms?

Doesn't look bad to me, but too many of the same movements for biceps like i said.

You're tricep routnie is nearly the same as mine, but i do dips instead of skull crushers. Oh, and what about forearms?
    yes !!
    my forearms are rather big aswell, maybe every other week i would do hammer curls instead of dumbell curls
    from now on im going to do

biceps & forearms:
    preacher curls
    barbell curls
    hammer curls

triceps stay the same

do you think doing back/chest together is a good idea ?
    ive made some brill gains from doing it

yes !!
    my forearms are rather big aswell, maybe every other week i would do hammer curls instead of dumbell curls
    from now on im going to do

biceps & forearms:
    preacher curls
    barbell curls
    hammer curls

triceps stay the same

do you think doing back/chest together is a good idea ?
    ive made some brill gains from doing it
    That looks good to me there.
    You do back and chest in the same day? **** how long does that take?
    You could always try doing chest and back on different days if you're unsure which one you'd like better.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ide put some rear delt work in on the shoulder day... maybe take out one of those pressing movements and switch that in.

That looks good to me there.
    You do back and chest in the same day? **** how long does that take?
    You could always try doing chest and back on different days if you're unsure which one you'd like better.
    it takes a hour lol
    i love the pump from it
    i do
    chest:
    flat barbell bench 4x8(heavy)
    flat dumbell bench 4x8
    flat dumbell flyes 3x10
    peck deck 3x10

back:
    wide grip lat pulldown 4x8
    seated bent over rows 4x8
    barbell bent over rows 4x10
    pull ups to failure
    im looking for thickness

and on a friday i do back/chest
    but with incline and decline exercises

before this routine i use to do
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    shoulder/legs
    was good for when i first started but i got bored of it, and wasnt getting much of a pump, legs and shoulders day took way to long aswell

it takes a hour lol
    i love the pump from it
    i do
    chest:
    flat barbell bench 4x8(heavy)
    flat dumbell bench 4x8
    flat dumbell flyes 3x10
    peck deck 3x10

back:
    wide grip lat pulldown 4x8
    seated bent over rows 4x8
    barbell bent over rows 4x10
    pull ups to failure
    im looking for thickness

and on a friday i do back/chest
    but with incline and decline exercises

before this routine i use to do
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    shoulder/legs
    was good for when i first started but i got bored of it, and wasnt getting much of a pump, legs and shoulders day took way to long aswell
    Damn, you wait like 5 seconds in between each set? haha That all looks good to me though.Good luck brah

Damn, you wait like 5 seconds in between each set? haha That all looks good to me though.Good luck brah
    60 seconds- 90 seconds brah
    depending on what exercise im doing !!
    good luck for you brah
    repped for actualy bothering to answer my questions lol

piipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do ur shoulders first, and add in 2 sets of 20 at the end of ur arm workout.

and try do arms twice a week, if u have to do them the same day as something else it helps to do one thing in the morning and arms at night. splits up the recovery a bit, cause thats where ur arms do there building.

run sprints too, sprints are heaps good. and change something each day doesnt have to be huge, just mix it up and see what pumps good.

try
    biceps
    3-4 8-5 x heavy one arm dumbell preacher curls for ur heavy set
    3-4 12-9 x ezy bar curls, 2 wide and 2 narrow (works the 2 bicep muscles awesome)
    2 20 x zottman curls, keep up the intensity, ur going for burn. change ur burn set to something different the next time, keep ur muscles guessing.

tris
    3-4 8-5 x tricep pushdowns (v bar or rope)
    3-4 12-10 x one armed reverse grip tricep pushdowns (best tricep exercise ever)
    2 20 x scull crushers with a ezybar.

keep adding weight after each set stepping it up.