alexamasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexamasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long after you eat should you workout?

Is there an optimal time after you eat when you should start working out? I heard usually 60-90 minutes is good, but what do you guys think?

Cowboy_Jay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anytime 60 minutes after you stop your work out. During that first hour, your body is starving and wants to replace its' glycogen stores. If you wait too long after you work out, your body will choose to break down muscle to get the glycogen it wants.

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cowboy_Jay View Post
    Anytime 60 minutes after you stop your work out. During that first hour, your body is starving and wants to replace its' glycogen stores. If you wait too long after you work out, your body will choose to break down muscle to get the glycogen it wants.
    I hope this is sarcasm. If not...

i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

alexamasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexamasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cowboy_Jay View Post
    thanks, but I think you got my question backwards.

I'm asking after I eat, is there an optimal time to start working out? As in...

I finish eating a meal at 5:00pm, is there an optimum time frame of when I should begin my workout after I have finished eating?

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    30 minutes to and hour. Dont loose any sleep over it.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As long as you don't end up puking in the middle of your workout! But I'd give it an hour minimum.
    ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ɔqɯq underground █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂
    ***DJMctits Crew***

Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    30 minutes to and hour. Dont loose any sleep over it.
    alright then, so it really isn't too important it seems. thanks

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alexamasan View Post
    alright then, so it really isn't too important it seems. thanks
    IDK That there is a super critical window, but most people will probably want to work out about 30 to 1 hour as stated above, because by that time you are not too bloated to feel nauseated during the workout :O and you probably wont get hungry during the workout.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.