MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What type of lifting for weight loss?

I'm familiar with a strength gaining workout because I was on it for football. Now I want to lose weight. I based my workouts on T-Nation's Rep/Set Bible:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_setrep_bible
    I understand that any weight lifting burns calories. On that website, they also have Hypertrophy workout and Fat Loss workout. From my understanding, more muscle means more calories burned. With that being said, should I go with the Hypertrophy workout or Fat Loss? Thanks. Will rep.
    *****OFFICIAL MISC PHOTOGRAPHY CREW*****
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ

"You don't need God to know good people exist, but you need good people to know God exists."
    -MarkA15

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That was an interesting read

For me personally, I would bulk. You are going to be burning calories reguardless and you will want the bulk to tighten up your skin. In addition to bulking I would assume you will be doing some sort of cardio and diet.

Actually, I may look into bulking using that technique. I am bound to plateu soon and will need to change it up soon.

It certainly is an interesting concept. GLTU

VR
    Sponge
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I want to lose weight. Not bulk. lol

Hypertrophy or Weight Loss
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ

"You don't need God to know good people exist, but you need good people to know God exists."
    -MarkA15

pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should still lift heavy. Lifting heavy will not hinder fat loss. It will defintely help it by letting you continue to hold onto your muscle while you lose fat and will keep your growth hormone and testosterone levels elevated as well. Just combine it with proper diet and cardio obviously. The one thing is, if you are in a caloric deficit with your diet, you may not be able to lift as heavy as you used to.

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am saying you would cut weight while you bulked if you had a good diet and HIIT.

Hypertrophy
    Last edited by algforcek; 11-09-2008 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Because I forgot something
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

Yeah I have a hypocaloric diet and my lifts have gone down (bench from 270 to 225) I also stopped Creatine to cut the water weight. That was why I stopped doing strength workout because before I was able to put on 5lbs a week or two now I don't get stronger so I decided to try the Hypertrophy or Fat Loss workout from that website. I'm still lifting with high intensity but the reps and sets if my concern because I don't know the ranges.

Last week I went from 8x3 to 6x6 (strength to hypertrophy). I got more burn and I know that I can get a good workout whether I feel a burn or not.
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ

-MarkA15

Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I need to lose 40lbs and right now I am sticking to compound exercises and riding on a stationary bike after them.

Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MarkA15 View Post
    I also stopped Creatine to cut the water weight.
    I seriously don't get why people do this unless they are trying to prepare for a contest/show.

It is not like the water weight is fat or anything and its not going to hinder fat loss, it will actually improve fat loss by letting you train harder thus burning more calories. Also water weight is GOOD especially when it is in your muscles.

Read this thread on H20/Cell Volumization:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=332329
    i rep back 1k+

dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10) dragonaut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah I have a hypocaloric diet and my lifts have gone down (bench from 270 to 225) I also stopped Creatine to cut the water weight. That was why I stopped doing strength workout because before I was able to put on 5lbs a week or two now I don't get stronger so I decided to try the Hypertrophy or Fat Loss workout from that website. I'm still lifting with high intensity but the reps and sets if my concern because I don't know the ranges.

Last week I went from 8x3 to 6x6 (strength to hypertrophy). I got more burn and I know that I can get a good workout whether I feel a burn or not.
    keep the heavy lifting, maybe reduce some volume , stick to compounds movements, I've lost 38 pounds in 20 weeks doing that, with no cardio, diet is key

optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I want to lose weight. Not bulk. lol

Hypertrophy or Weight Loss

Meh, they're not explaining it right.
    Cliff notes...LIFT FOR HYPERTROPHY, DIET FOR WEIGHT LOSS. You'll be surprised at the results.
    I "HAVE" to transform...this is disgusting!

kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    do a search on kettlebell training - combine that with HIIT (high intensity interval training) for cardio, and a couple kick-box/tae bo classes a week. If you're going to lift weights go intense, use compound exercises that use a lot of muscle groups and always do some push-ups and chin-ups every day.

all this, with a good clean diet eating ONLY when you're hungry and you'll get ripped. good luck!

FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FARTMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High Intensity by lifting:

1. Heavy

2. Shorter rests to keep your heart rate up

3. Focus on compound exercises

This will help you burn some calories.

More info here http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/ho...belly-fat.html

-------------------------------------

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/

frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm familiar with a strength gaining workout because I was on it for football. Now I want to lose weight. I based my workouts on T-Nation's Rep/Set Bible:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_setrep_bible
    I understand that any weight lifting burns calories. On that website, they also have Hypertrophy workout and Fat Loss workout. From my understanding, more muscle means more calories burned. With that being said, should I go with the Hypertrophy workout or Fat Loss? Thanks. Will rep.
    Hey i would recommend lifting heavy doing 3 sets per exercise, but if you lift really heavy your probaly going to gain mostly strength, by doing 10-12 reps you will be adding size and strength. By adding the size and muscle you will in turn burn more calories with that extra muscle, especially after your workout.
    Last edited by frankiethekid; 11-09-2008 at 09:50 PM.