Closed Thread
    SHORTYguy59 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Should I take creatine everyday?

Ok, So im new here and am kinda overloading with different info about how to take supps. I bought some Creatine Mono from GNC and i was wondering if I should take it everyday or just the days i workout. I am currently doing a 3 day full body split. Should i take it before and after workouts on those specific days or everday? Any help would be helpful.

Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5g every day would be an optimal dose for best results. (there has been some debate on this but I keep steady 5g/day everyday) I like to use it post-workout when my highest intake of carbs for the day is to help transport the creatine into the muscle.

If you're just starting creatine and dosing 5g/day, expect to see results after about 2-3 weeks when you reach saturation.
    the pump is the cure
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Originally Posted by Giant_Killer View Post
    5g every day would be an optimal dose for best results. (there has been some debate on this but I keep steady 5g/day everyday) I like to use it post-workout when my highest intake of carbs for the day is to help transport the creatine into the muscle.

If you're just starting creatine and dosing 5g/day, expect to see results after about 2-3 weeks when you reach saturation.
    Thanks for the help. that clears it up. What do you mean by saturation? So will i not see noticable result until after 3 weeks or what?

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your body will build up creatine stores over time until it reaches a saturation point. After that point, each dose simply "tops up" your creatine stores keeping them at peak.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    some say only workout days but personally i like taking it everyday to help with my recovery...i also drink mine intra workout works the best for me.. hope that helps

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SHORTYguy59 View Post
    Ok, So im new here and am kinda overloading with different info about how to take supps. I bought some Creatine Mono from GNC and i was wondering if I should take it everyday or just the days i workout. I am currently doing a 3 day full body split. Should i take it before and after workouts on those specific days or everday? Any help would be helpful.
    Take it immediately post workout, I take 5 Grams of Micronized Monohydrate with 10 Grams of Branch Chain Amino acids and L-glutamine mixed in Gatorade.

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Your body will build up creatine stores over time until it reaches a saturation point. After that point, each dose simply "tops up" your creatine stores keeping them at peak.
    Thanks. So will i gain more from the creatine over time? Are you saying it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to start working and producing gains in muscle and strength?

Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks. So will i gain more from the creatine over time? Are you saying it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to start working and producing gains in muscle and strength?
    Usually, yeah. A small amount of initial water weight can be common followed later by more tangible increases in strength in lower rep ranges and muscle cell volumizing as you are more "loaded" or "saturated".
    the pump is the cure
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100)
    i've noticed better results taking creatine everyday. and i would load if only taking mono.

Originally Posted by Death Head View Post
    i've noticed better results taking creatine everyday. and i would load if only taking mono.
    So how do i go about loading? Ive heard that loading it is a waste because your body can only handle a certain amount at one time. The excess creatine gets lost and therefore is a waste. Is that true? Im also taking Muscle Milk Protein.
    Last edited by SHORTYguy59; 11-08-2008 at 09:08 PM.

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's not a SIN if you skip a day or two of creatine. just make sure you stay properly hydrated on those days also.

JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally when starting up with creatine I like to load but that is up to you. However I would recommend taking it everyday at least 5g I take 5 before and after and 5g in the morning on non workout days.

Originally Posted by JayKL149 View Post
    Personally when starting up with creatine I like to load but that is up to you. However I would recommend taking it everyday at least 5g I take 5 before and after and 5g in the morning on non workout days.
    what is loading?

JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayKL149 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is loading?
    Taking 5g five separate times in a day for five days then from there you just take a normal dose of 5g once or twice a day.

Currently Losing BF% jpetitclerc's Avatar
    jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpetitclerc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If money is not an issue for you, go for it.
    Jay is the name.

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JayKL149 View Post
    Taking 5g five separate times in a day
    four separate times in a day.

Originally Posted by quank View Post
    four separate times in a day.
    for how long?
    Like 5 days or how long?

arman9877 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Giant_Killer View Post

I have several questions please if you know help me out.
    1-For how long should I take creatine? I heard from someone that I have to stop it after 10 weeks?!!
    first I thought that I shouldn't take it everyday. I started with loading(first 5 days I took 4 separate times in a day after meals)
    then someone told me to take 5g before and after workout only.
    but then when I found out that body only can have 5g per day not more I changed that plan and right now I'm only taking creatine 5g after a workout with my protein powder.
    and my last question is because I got confused and changed the amount of taking creatine. does it hurt my body? and please tell me how should I take creatine correctly?
    thank you!

Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by arman9877 View Post
    I have several questions please if you know help me out.
    1-For how long should I take creatine? I heard from someone that I have to stop it after 10 weeks?!!
    first I thought that I shouldn't take it everyday. I started with loading(first 5 days I took 4 separate times in a day after meals)
    then someone told me to take 5g before and after workout only.
    but then when I found out that body only can have 5g per day not more I changed that plan and right now I'm only taking creatine 5g after a workout with my protein powder.
    and my last question is because I got confused and changed the amount of taking creatine. does it hurt my body? and please tell me how should I take creatine correctly?
    thank you!
    Hi, instead of bumping up an 11yr old thread search for you answers....Here, I’ll do the work for you.... one good place to find some regarding creatine, and should be the only place you need look.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173714091
    Salty.......... like Extra salty.......

*Neg SS on site crew - MSSRA!

liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32
    it is not advisable to take ceratin every day, but you can take little amount of it, you could get better results if using it in right amount.