FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Are supplements really needed?

Ive been seriously bodybuilding for the past 4 weeks, Gaining amazing results, For the first time I am eating 200 grams of protein a day, I feel like a monster, Also Unlike before I am not taking any creatine, NO, or protein shakes, Just getting everything from my food. I feel like Im on roids just from being so clean. Thinking of going hardcore for 2-3 months then maybe taking a protein supplement in the new year and see how effective it is. What do you think? Do we really need supplements?

RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Supplements aren't NEEDED but they're good to have for convenience and to basically give you a little extra push above what you're already doing. Back in the day like Arnold's day they had very crude versions of protein powder and they weren't widely used. Look at the physiques they built.
    iRep Back

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FatBoy3000 View Post
    Ive been seriously bodybuilding for the past 4 weeks, Gaining amazing results, For the first time I am eating 200 grams of protein a day, I feel like a monster, Also Unlike before I am not taking any creatine, NO, or protein shakes, Just getting everything from my food. I feel like Im on roids just from being so clean. Thinking of going hardcore for 2-3 months then maybe taking a protein supplement in the new year and see how effective it is. What do you think? Do we really need supplements?
    ..supplements are supplements to your diet. Protein is not needed, and your not going to start getting great gains from it. It's just an easy and convenient way to help you hit your macros. Supplements are not needed if your diet is on track. Things like multis and fish oil are just to help reach your DVs.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, but day sho am good dough.
    Cutting whilst training tapout.

fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No we do not NEED them. They do help though. There are plenty of studies that validate liquid nutrition (supplements) improving performance in trainees as well as creatine. I use discretion with purchasing supplements and feel like my money is well spent.

nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz
    As long as you have training and nutrition down, supplements are helpful but never "needed". But I believe that a good multi, fish oil, and creatine should be a staple for bodybuilders.
    Last edited by nics1246; 09-21-2011 at 10:11 PM.

GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you mention that you've only been bb'ing seriously for 4 weeks. those are the best times - when you first start out in a serious mindset - you'll gain more then ever again (naturally at least). it's your body naturally compensating for the increased exertion and demand and stressors.

one you get past that "breaking-in" stage you'll see that supplements can help - both physically and even psychologically - break thru plateaus.
    Body Nutrition - The Best Protein in the World!
    Magic Pudding & Trutein Now available on the bb.com store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/body-nutrition.html

"The supplement business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) GetHugeBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You dont need them, but they help a lot and are convenient bro. the basics if bought from Scifit (whey, multi vitamin, and creatin) are super cheap.

L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Supplements aren't needed, but get whey if anything.
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    but Y???? IDK BRO

FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatBoy3000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GregW1 View Post
    you mention that you've only been bb'ing seriously for 4 weeks. those are the best times - when you first start out in a serious mindset - you'll gain more then ever again (naturally at least). it's your body naturally compensating for the increased exertion and demand and stressors.

one you get past that "breaking-in" stage you'll see that supplements can help - both physically and even psychologically - break thru plateaus.
    Thats exactly how I feel, Too many times before I jumped to supplements while not even serious, eating like crap and training even worse. Keep on pumpin!

******* BTW how long does it usually take to hit that plateau where I have gone to my personal limits?

Thanks
    Last edited by FatBoy3000; 09-21-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Missed something

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thats exactly how I feel, Too many times before I jumped to supplements while not even serious, eating like crap and training even worse. Keep on pumpin!

******* BTW how long does it usually take to hit that plateau where I have gone to my personal limits?

Thanks
    Plateaus are entirely based on the myriad of factors in your life. Training time, genetics, hormones, training style, recovery ability, height/weight/limb length, nutrition, motivation etc etc all play an enormous role. If you're still progressing, don't question it.

And yes, 95% of the people that I see in the gym will dedicate themselves to reading up on the next "N.O. Superpumpbomb 3.7 Extreme Plus" supplement, or the latest "put 1" on your arms in just 3 days" routine in Men's Health, but refuse to address the foundations of proper nutrition and training.

Supplements are there to fill in deficiencies. As far as protein goes, you've already said you're hitting 200g, which is perfect for you.

I personally invest in a quality fish oil, multi-vitamin, and creatine monohydrate. Caffeine and beta alanine sneak in from time to time, but beyond those few, I don't personally have a need for anything else.

I don't eat enough fish to get meaningful amounts of EPA/DHA.
    I don't eat enough meat to get a beneficial dosage of creatine.
    A multi-vitamin is something that I've determined to be worth the $11/month for me.
    Caffeine and BA are nice little kicks, but far from needed.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnieos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RH08 View Post
    Supplements aren't NEEDED but they're good to have for convenience and to basically give you a little extra push above what you're already doing. Back in the day like Arnold's day they had very crude versions of protein powder and they weren't widely used. Look at the physiques they built.
    they still had roids lol

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are supplements needed? Thats like asking if optional is manditory
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sevenstrings is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on many factors.
    I don't eat much fish, so for me Fish Oil supps are quite necessary, but if you ate heaps of it, might not need it

ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's why they're called supplements, not requirements.
    Everything looks better with flames.

I only use 100% cGMP Powercage. It's protein, creatine and multi all in one. Still missing the fish oil though.

hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50) hhelp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you are are building muscles now, no point of using supplements, once you start with a protein shakes, you will end trying all other stuff

TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000)
    From what I've read, Herschel Walker (former NFL player, current UFC guy) doesn't eat any meat and eats 1 meal a day and he has no problem packing on muscle. The remarkable thing about the human body is that it can adapt to most conditions. Having said that, if you can provide your body with the tools it needs to get to the next level, why not? I can understand if it's a financial thing, but they say one of the best investments you can make is an investment in yourself.

SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Protein, creatine, pre-workout, just like the Hodge Twins say! Love those two nuts

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Supplements are just that...what you can't get through your diet, you supplement with. This is not to say that supplements are bad though. Something like creatine definitely does have its benefits, and I wouldn't even consider protein powder a supplement but rather a food. I love me some NF Pro
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!