joe2gaan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what do you think of this diet??

Sunday - Friday(178g protein/ 22g carbs/ 119g fat)
    Meal 1 (24g protein/ 6g carbs/ 30g fat)
    3 eggs whites
    4 pieces of turkey bacon
    1 table spoon of olive oil
    2 table spoons of peanut butter

Meal 2 (24g protein/ 0g carbs/ 28g fat)
    3 eggs whites
    4 pieces of turkey bacon
    2 table spoons of olive oil

Meal 3 (21g protein/ 0g carbs/ 28g fat)
    3 eggs whites
    3 pieces of turkey bacon

Meal 4 (21g protein/ 0g carbs/ 28g fat)
    3 eggs whites
    3 pieces of turkey bacon

Meal 5 (44g protein/ 8g carbs/ 2.5g fat)
    Protein shake made with water
    1 serving of a veggie

Meal 6 (44g protein/ 8g carbs/ 2.5g fat)
    Protein shake made with water
    1 serving of a veggie

Saturday(Carb-up)(eat any one of these meals every 2 hours)
    Meal(34g protein/ 92g carbs/ 3.5g fat)
    1 serving of spaghetti
    2 servings of tomato sauce with chicken strips
    1 slice of wheat bread
    1 serving of a veggie

Meal(44g protein/ 99g carbs/ 2.5g fat)
    1 protein shake with 2 cups of skim milk
    2 bananas

Meal(30g protein/ 90g carb/ 6g fat)
    1 protein bar
    2 pieces of toast with jelly
    2 cups of milk1
    Last edited by joe2gaan; 03-28-2003 at 01:19 PM.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is not anywhere close to a balanced diet. You need to add about a ton of veggies per week, and mix up you protein/fat sources more.

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah. In addition to being really boring, it's also lacking healthy fiberous green things. Add broccoli. Mix it up a little.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As a side note, going on a diet where you're eating the same thing day in and day out, meal in and meal out, you are almost certain to fail in following it. *I* eat boring and I certainly couldn't follow something like that.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

willl it work?? The reason it is so simple is because i am in school and i have lots of classes and not alot of time to cook. Should i eat fiberous veggies with every meal or just a few of them??

What's the breakdown as far as protein, fats and carbs. You'll want the fiberous green veggies probably with dinner and maybe lunch. Also, take a multi-vitamin with breakfast.

As long as you're getting the proper amounts of macronutrients as well as micronutrients, you should be ok. Although there might be a problem with eating the exact same thing all the time, I don't know what that problem would be, aside perhaps from getting really bored.
    Ron J
    ----------

i have edited my diet above to include the suggestions i have been given. i have also include the nitritional break down of each meal. Please continue to critique my plan.

By the way i am 181lbs at 11.8% body fat so i have tried to design my diet accordingly. I intend to use this diet to reach 6% bodyfat.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You sound like you got the ratios ok...just find/use some different sources of protein/fat. There are alot of good idea in the sticky. Tuna is easy. Eating the same thing everyday deprives your body of all kind of macronutrients found in a variety of foods that we don't even know about yet. To answer your question, will it work? Probably. If you work out hard, and stick to your cals. then it probably won't fail. But there is doing it the right way...or the RIGHT way. It takes a litte more effort, but it will improve your lifts/life.
    Last edited by bkman4; 03-28-2003 at 07:05 PM.

JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uhh, have you ever taken in olive oil by itself? I tried and I damn near puked. Go get some Flaxseed oil (Barleans brand doesnt taste to bad, but keep it in the fridge)

People complain about flaxseed oil. Let em try olive oil by itself. NASTY!