Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I actually ate porterhouse steak throughout college and now occasionally have a cheddar-cheese ramen cup as a treat. I live the backwards life.
    Reliable sources of information:
    Alan Aragon http://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    Lyle McDonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ http://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dominionofgod View Post
    Ive never been able to grasp the way other ppl cook ramen. Granted its been well over a decade since ive ate it much, but i did regularly as a kid growing up.

I see ppl dumping the pack of noodles in a pan of water whole, when its cooked, just dump powder in... how can they tolerate that... disgusting...

First off, i have always crushed up the noodles into chucks. I don't need some 12 foot long noodle stand. Secondly, and the part i most never understood, was i RINSE it. Its a pasta. To me pasta gets rinsed. Just like when you make spaghetti in boiling water, you rinse it afterwards! THEN you fill it with just a little bit of water. Not so little that's its practically dry, but no so much it like a massive broth in chicken soup or anything. Just a little bit. Then i add the packets. The small but right amount of water ensures that its not dry, but not so much that the flavor is so deluded that its a waste. - When i see ppl poor packets into a full pan of water after cooking it makes me cringe. I cant even watch ppl eat it like that.
    Do you read directions? lol. No need to rinse pasta unless you are making a cold salad. My Italian grandmother would be calling you some choice names for rinsing spaghetti. As for ramen, one pack is supposed to get exactly 2 cups of water. That way when you add the flavor packet you get an appropriate broth. If you want to add a little something to the ramen you can add a slice of cheese or and egg. That was the way it was serve when I lived in Korea.

Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    condensed soup also says to add more water, but i find that disgusting too. Deludes the flavor to much. - 2 cups of water is waaay to much for ramen imo. (not that i ever took a measuring cup out to see when i was a kid)

She can call me what ever she pleases. I find unrinsed spaghetti to be fairly nasty. Even more so with ramen.

alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    It's been 6 years...OP probably died of sodium poisoning from all the ramen by now.
    Good advice, just dont use all the seasoning, i ate ramen until 1 week before my last comp and i looked great, drink more water if your worried about the sodium

alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dominionofgod View Post
    condensed soup also says to add more water, but i find that disgusting too. Deludes the flavor to much. - 2 cups of water is waaay to much for ramen imo. (not that i ever took a measuring cup out to see when i was a kid)

She can call me what ever she pleases. I find unrinsed spaghetti to be fairly nasty. Even more so with ramen.
    I like how there are sooo many ways to cook it and they all make it taste different, i just cant believe i found a thread on bb.com about ramen lmao

DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by alk88 View Post
    i ate ramen until 1 week before my last comp and i looked great...
    Reliable sources of information:
    Alan Aragon http://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    Lyle McDonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ http://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ

Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robbyj1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sodium, like you stated is one of the biggest problems. i have heard that freshly cooked ramen, from like a ramen bar is better for you.