snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

rice or bread...which is the better choice

This is a picky question, I know. Both rice and bread are starchy carbs. I get that. I eat starchy carbs at least once a day. I enjoy both whole wheat bread and also rice. I am not talking about white rice, but rather Brown and Wild Uncle Bens 90 second rice http://www.unclebens.com/rice/ready-...rown-wild.aspx or whole grain medley sante fe http://www.unclebens.com/rice/ready-...-santa-fe.aspx or vegetable harvest http://www.unclebens.com/rice/ready-...e-harvest.aspx

When I eat a serving of rice, it is 1/2 of one of these packets, so it has 220 calories, 44 grams carbs, and 2 grams sugars.

As for bread, I get mine at Publix and I buy Nature's own, 100% whole wheat. Each serving that I eat is 2 slices, which gives me100 calroies and 20 grams of carbs and 2 sugars.

So, if my goal was fat loss, would you agree to opt for the 2 slices of bread rather than 1/2 packet of rice since it has less total calories and carbs?

Of course, when I eat this starchy carb, I also pair it with a lean protein and sometimes a healthy fat.

http://www.naturesownbread.com/NAT_V...00&ProductID=7

anonymous
    All of those are bad to eat on a daily basis because they are so high in sodium. You need to be cooking your own rice and most if not all of your meals because if you eat any of those, that's 75% of your recommended sodium intake for the entire day in 1 meal. That is of course if you eat the entire package which you probably do, because 2 serving is usually a common amount to eat in a meal when it comes to rice.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Vlps5122 View Post
    All of those are bad to eat on a daily basis because they are so high in sodium. You need to be cooking your own rice and most if not all of your meals because if you eat any of those, that's 75% of your recommended sodium intake for the entire day in 1 meal. That is of course if you eat the entire package which you probably do, because 2 serving is usually a common amount to eat in a meal when it comes to rice.
    I said that I only eat half the packet of rice. And besides I am not concerned about the sodium because I eat pretty much low sodium the rest of the day anyway.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This question seems sort of assinine.

Neither is a "better" choice. You're comparing different size portions. What if you compared like size portions? Then what? Throw your hands into the air from paralysis of analysis?

Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat both of them now that Im bulking. I will definetely not eat them when the cutting phase comes. Bread is more easy to fit in a diet than rice, but rice is more a satiating food (for me at least.)
    Supplements that have given me the best results: -FOOD-

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    So, if my goal was fat loss, would you agree to opt for the 2 slices of bread rather than 1/2 packet of rice since it has less total calories and carbs?

http://www.naturesownbread.com/NAT_V...00&ProductID=7
    Yes I would agree.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else