The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Gym Nazi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

If you could only lift one day per week, what exercise would you choose?

circumstances have dictated that i may only be able to get to the gym one day per week (sucks). but i have decided to alternate week to week like this, and if you would suggest any changes i am open to suggestions:

week 1: deadlifts, barbell rows, chins, abs

week 2: deadlifts, leg press, calfs, dips, chest press, forearms

week 3: deads, tri's, bi's, abs, shoulders, chins, dips

week 4: start over

what do you think?

oh yea, and i dont do squats ever too risky
    Last edited by The Gym Nazi; 03-27-2003 at 01:17 PM.

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: If you could only lift one day per week, what exercise would you choose?

Originally posted by The Gym Nazi
    circumstances have dictated that i may only be able to get to the gym one day per week (sucks). but i have decided to alternate week to week like this, and if you would suggest any changes i am open to suggestions:

what do you think?

Why don't you just do a full-body routine each week? Try to concentrate on the compound exercises (deads, benches, dips, chins, etc.)
    And you really should consider doing squats.

SuperZERO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperZERO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperZERO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperZERO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperZERO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about a full body work out reveoling around your core movements.

Week 1- deadlift- leg press- flat press- sholder press- row
    week 2- deadlift- pull up- incline press- up right row- leg press
    repeat and switch up excercises.
    you can train abs and calves at home.

Your routine looks like you are giving too much time between hitting muscle groups.

how come you dead but not squat, I would consider deads more dangerous. More weight and more stress on the lower back.

If you can only go once a week I would waste time with directly traing your arms. Pay more attention to your core lifts and hope your arms maintain their size until you can get back into your regular routine.

just my opinions
    Listen to me, or else!!!

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    You'd be better off doing a full-body workout that's composed of heavy compound movements. Try this in one day:

Bench: 3x3-6
    Military: 3x3-6
    Squat: 3x4
    Bent Over Rows: 3x6-8
    Deadlift: 3x3
    Shrugs: 3x8-10

Even though this program sucks and can definately be improved on, you get the idea...work your whole body hard with some intense exercises if you work out infrequently.

NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000) NotRippedYet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deads, Bench, Pullups or BB Row, Military Press, JM press or cg bench, and BB curls.

Stick with the big movements, if you're only able to hit it once a week I wouldn't spend time pissing with things like calves abs, traps even, but that's just me.
    eRepublik Game:
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Maxx+Johnson

PSUPOWER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what do you think?

If I was stuck in this situation, I would do the following Three movement's..

1..Heavy Clean and Press

2..20 Rep Squat's

3..Wide-Grip Chin's

4..Go home and EAT!!!

Good luck!!!

Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

the big 3 and thats it, if u have a few minutes during the week, do some plate raises and tri work.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V5RED [/i]
    [B]lets say ronnie is a pepperoni and sausage pizza

The crust is thick and firm, not too soft not too hard, just right to chew the cheese is thick and gooey but not sloppy and no oil pools the pepperonis and sausage bits are perfectly evenly spaced out and taste great the sauce is full of flavor and a perfect blend of tomato and spices
    but, covering the middle of the pizza in a circle that takes up half the pizza
    is a giant turd. Will you eat the pizza? or will you pick a pizza that has everything together even tho its not as amazing as the first pizza, because unlike the first pizza it has no turd on it
    a distended gut on an otherwise amazing phisique is like a giant turd on an otherwise perfect pizza [/B][/QUOTE]

squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can probably do chins and dips by setting up stuff in your cell (chest and upper back), and then do squats, deadlifts, bb rows and military press, 3 sets of each

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)

Too risky? Thats bull****. They are only risky if you use ****ty form.
    Last edited by zackdarnell; 03-28-2003 at 10:15 AM.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

xrik8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if i only had one day out of the week to work out i'd just quit! so props to you, bro.