Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy 142 lbs: but i still look fat! (Pictures)

Help me out please guys! ...here it goes...

I started my transformation in February 2008; I weighed 222 lbs (15 Stone 12 pounds) at the time. Now i weigh 142 lbs (10 Stone 2 pounds). So yeah, I've lost a lot of weight (80lbs) in a short period of time ...without even stepping foot inside a gym.

I have reached my target of getting down to the BMI "recommended weight" for my height (I am 5"9).

I eat healthy and usually consume around 1600 - 2000 calories per day, i try to eat as much protein as i can. I do regular cardio exercise - usually 30 minutes per-day. This involves jogging 3 miles, cycling, power walking or my cross-country skiing machine.

I've got to the point were i don't want to loose anymore weight because I'll look too thin, and underweight - BUT, i still have a lot of excess skin and big man boobs; In fact, at the beginning of last month (1st October) i decided that i wouldn't be so strict with my diet, as i did not want to loose anymore weight. So i allowed myself foods such as bread, eggs, cheese, pasta, potatoes etc... all of which i had not eaten for 3 or 4 months. But i still ended up loosing 10 lbs in 4 weeks !

I'm still not confident enough to wear a t-shirt out in public, because my chest (man boobs) stick out. Which is a shame really... I've lost 80 lbs and still can't enjoy myself! I always wear a jumper or a jacket to cover up! ...as i mentioned, the main problem is my big man boobs - they really crush my confidence. They're the main reason I haven't joined a gym yet. They have definitely reduced since February, but not enough for my liking!

I have a set of dumbells and a barbell which i use every 2 days. Unfortunately I don't have much weight to lift, only 16 KG in total. I don't have a proper bench, i use an old office chair that has an adjustable back-rest.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is my current weight-lifting workout:

- Incline dumbbell bench press // 2 sets of 15 (8 KG on each dumbbell)
    - Incline dumbbell flys // 2 sets of 15 (8 KG on each dumbbell)
    - Flat dumbell bench press // 2 sets of 15 (8 KG on each dumbbell)
    - Flat dumbell flys // 2 sets of 15 (8 KG on each dumbbell)
    - Push-ups // 3 sets of 10
    - Dumbbell Curls // 3 sets of 10 (8 KG on each dumbell)
    - I also do dumbbell Shrugs, Rows, Squats and Upright-rows (8 KG on each dumbbell)
    - I have started to add crunches and sit-ups to my training. I've been doing 50 sit-ups and 50 crunches EVERYDAY since the 1st October.

What should i do guys?
    Should i continue to run 3 miles per-day?
    Should i continue to do at least 30 mins of cardio per day?
    Should i do more cardio?
    Should i do less cardio and more time pumping iron?

Help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Giovanni.; 02-19-2009 at 07:54 AM.

eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eduardosa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey there, I understand your frustration but that looks very normal to me. It happens that, as you were fat and lost a lot of weight your skin got very loose, therefore making you look chubby. My opinion is that you should start bulking hard now, and obviously slow down on your cardio sessions, I would say once a week tops. Adding muscle will not only help you lose that stubborn fat that doesn't seem to come off, as it will make you look better. I would like you to give us period updates on this matter.

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No disrespect to the OP, but you need to bulk REAL bad, you have almost NO muscular base.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50) MFlare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulk bulk bulk.

Once you get some muscle you should start looking better.

commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    80 percent of that is loose skin. You will need to put on a good 20-30 pounds of lean mass to fill that up. You might wanna consider getting a tummy tuck.

evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its all loose skin since you have lost that weight so fast.
    You should bulk asap

wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrenny420 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bulk meaning up your calorie content and get a gym membership. Theres much more over weight people that look worse then you at the gym, so don't worry about your confidence. Go once and you'll be fine. take the step.

bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigpopa71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you start putting on some lean muscle mass you can greatly improve your look over the next year or so. You lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. You lost muscle mass by not lifting weights. Now like everyone said up your cals with clean food and start resistance training.

HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i lost just about the same amount of weight in the same time frame and like everyone in here said....weight training was key!

i had to really put up some weight and build lbm to see the difference.

btw...congrats on the loss!! alot of work goes into dropping that much weight...you should feel like a million bucks!

Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the help everyone. I will join a gym at the end of the month when i go on a break from Uni.

In the mean time, I will make do with the small weights i have at home. I'll be sure to pump as much iron as i can!

By the way; how much cardio should i do per-week? i sit at a desk all day, so i don't move around a lot. I usually feel guilty when i go a day without at least 30 minutes of cardio training. The last thing i want to do is put more fat on my stomach

es72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) es72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) es72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    check this link out...It gives a list for a bunch of body weight exercises you can do

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5310323

might help till you can get into a gym

Originally Posted by es72 View Post
    check this link out...It gives a list for a bunch of body weight exercises you can do

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5310323

might help till you can get into a gym
    Thanks a lot, i appreciate it.

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should check and see if your university has a gym that you can use for free.

Originally Posted by Lpenny View Post
    You should check and see if your university has a gym that you can use for free.
    Unfortunately we don't have one

Can you guys give me some advice on a few things;

Cardio:- How much should i do per-week?

Diet:- What foods should i eat to "increase" my calorie in take? baring in mind I'm at Uni all day and can't bring a chicken breast with me. Can i still eat carbs such as; pasta, rice and potatoes?

Training:- What workouts do you guys suggest for a beginner trying to bulk up?

adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Giovanni. View Post
    Unfortunately we don't have one

Can you guys give me some advice on a few things;

Cardio:- How much should i do per-week?

Diet:- What foods should i eat to "increase" my calorie in take? baring in mind I'm at Uni all day and can't bring a chicken breast with me. Can i still eat carbs such as; pasta, rice and potatoes?

Training:- What workouts do you guys suggest for a beginner trying to bulk up?
    I personally would try to come up with your BMR (how many calories your body burns on its own doing nothing)

Here is a good formula for that... Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

This isnt the best formula, but unless you know your bf% it will have to work. Figure out how many calories you need per day to stay where you are and up it by about 500.

Do body weight exercises for about 45min to 1 hour 4 or 5 days a week keeping in mind that you dont want to overwork one particular muscle group like working biceps in consecutive days...

two days a week do either 30-40 min cardio at 60-70% max heart rate...

I would stay away from HIIT at this point based on the real goal of putting on mass...

weigh in a week or so and if you need to up the calories, do...

TRY not to get too carb heavy. you really need to achieve a 45/30/25 macro split in my opinion (protein/carbs/fat)

adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) adwilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh, and by the way, congrats on the progress so far... its obvious you have the dedication to reach your goals.. as far as confidence goes, just remember where you were and where you are, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and there are thousands of people that would trade places with YOU. Dont be scared to be proud of yourself. Congrats again man...

Thanks a lot adwilk, i really appreciate it!

I'll get back to you if i need any more advice. Thanks again!

paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paranioa92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you need to put muscle on u... being 142 doesnt mean anything if u still have no muscle...
    Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

-yogi berra

DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DragOn133 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by paranioa92 View Post
    you need to put muscle on u... being 142 doesnt mean anything if u still have no muscle...
    Agreed.. Suffice to say, you are in a good spot right now, you can fill out that skin with Size, it WILL happen , just takes hard work and time.

Congrats on the weight loss, now start the next part of your transformation, good luck.

seanjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get ripped now.. you wanna look like brock lesnar

http://www.combatpower.com/images/brock.jpg

Thanks everyone

Anyone have a rough estimation of what my BF% is ?

chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do a clean bulk man. and do h.i.i.t. to burn off any additional fat, keep it short and intense though like 20 mins.

ComfyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone have a rough estimation of what my BF% is ?
    Sometimes local hospitals hold public health fairs where they will do free bf%, along with bp and chol levels. Worth checking into.

Scorpioboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow how did you loose that much weight so quickly have any tips for me I'm trying to loose weight my stats are 210 5'7

I'll eat your banana. BananaBoy's Avatar
    BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Scorpioboi View Post
    Wow how did you loose that much weight so quickly have any tips for me I'm trying to loose weight my stats are 210 5'7
    Diet and exercise. Seriously people, it's not rocket science...

Originally Posted by Scorpioboi View Post
    My diet wasn't THAT strict to be honest... healthy, but not strict. I just ate reasonably small meals every 2-3 hours - my dinner would be whatever my Mom cooked (fish, chicken, lasagna, spaghetti bolognese etc..) I still eat the odd KFC, Pizza Hut or Subway's 3 or 4 times a month.

I'm guessing i consumed around 1600 - 2200 calories per-day.

For the first 5 months of my weight loss, i virtually done no cardio at all. I began to do at least 30 minutes of cardio in June. Since the beginning of October i have cut my cardio down to only 3 days per-week.

DIET is the key to weight loss. Cardio just speeds up the process a little.

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)

Lightbulb

DIET is the key to weight loss. Cardio just speeds up the process a little.

That statement should be stickied.
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David Brent: 'If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher
    said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

4th jun 2008-342lbs
    21st may 2009-186lbs

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Giovanni, list a detailed description of your diet. You said you ate 1,600 - 2,000 a day while losing, but what foods specifically made up your diet? Yes, you need to lift weights and put on lean muscle, but diet is #1 priority.

Excellent work losing 80 lbs. You are a much healthier person for it.

T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMO bro you need to bulk as clean as possible and once you have some decent muscle mass, then cut away all that fat.