BadassSeabass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is DMAE a choline source?

Currently in my nootropic stack I am supplementing DMAE 3 times a day but not actually taking any choline.

Is the DMAE doing the job of the choline or should I add choline to the stack or should I replace the DMAE with choline?

Cheers

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its a precursor to acetylcholine.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Its a precursor to acetylcholine.
    Would I need to take choline with it though, to add to the piracetam I am taking or is the DMAE enough?

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BadassSeabass View Post
    Would I need to take choline with it though, to add to the piracetam I am taking or is the DMAE enough?
    I would suggest trying alpha gpc or cdp-choline.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    Citicholine ftw.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Centrophenoxine is a very good choline precursor...I have just start to take mine along with piracetam....just incase you wanted to try something else out...

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Citicholine ftw.
    CDp-choline or Citicholine does have more research and most likely will be better for long term cognitive support.

Alpha-GPC seems to be a more potent ACh precursor, however this was not an oral study so it's hard to say for sure.

Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1992 Sep;30(9):331-5.
    A comparative study of free plasma choline levels following intramuscular administration of L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine and citicoline in normal volunteers.

L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (alpha-GPC) is a recently developed cognitive enhancer whose mode of action is considered to involve the release of free choline, which is then utilized for acetylcholine and phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis in the brain. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the profile of free plasma choline levels following a single i.m. dose of alpha-GPC in 12 normal volunteers. Citicoline (CTC), which also acts as a choline precursor, was included for comparison purposes. Each subject was studied on three randomized occasions, (i) in a control day in the absence of drug administration (to evaluate the plasma level profile of endogenous choline), (ii) after i.m. alpha-GPC (1,000 mg) and (iii) after i.m. CTC (1,000 mg) respectively, with a wash-out period of at least 1-week between sessions. Blood samples for plasma choline HPLC determinations were collected at regular intervals over a 6 h period. In the control session, plasma choline levels remained stable during the sampling period. The administration of alpha-GPC was associated with a rapid rise in plasma choline, peak levels being usually observed at the first (0.25 h) or second (0.5 h) sampling time after the injection. Thereafter, the concentration of choline declined gradually and returned to near baseline values at the end of the observation period. After the administration of CTC, plasma choline levels showed a similar time course but were considerably lower than those observed after the administration of alpha-GPC.

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CDp-choline or Citicholine does have more research and most likely will be better for long term cognitive support.

Alpha-GPC seems to be a more potent ACh precursor, however this was not an oral study so it's hard to say for sure.

Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1992 Sep;30(9):331-5.
    A comparative study of free plasma choline levels following intramuscular administration of L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine and citicoline in normal volunteers.

L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (alpha-GPC) is a recently developed cognitive enhancer whose mode of action is considered to involve the release of free choline, which is then utilized for acetylcholine and phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis in the brain. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the profile of free plasma choline levels following a single i.m. dose of alpha-GPC in 12 normal volunteers. Citicoline (CTC), which also acts as a choline precursor, was included for comparison purposes. Each subject was studied on three randomized occasions, (i) in a control day in the absence of drug administration (to evaluate the plasma level profile of endogenous choline), (ii) after i.m. alpha-GPC (1,000 mg) and (iii) after i.m. CTC (1,000 mg) respectively, with a wash-out period of at least 1-week between sessions. Blood samples for plasma choline HPLC determinations were collected at regular intervals over a 6 h period. In the control session, plasma choline levels remained stable during the sampling period. The administration of alpha-GPC was associated with a rapid rise in plasma choline, peak levels being usually observed at the first (0.25 h) or second (0.5 h) sampling time after the injection. Thereafter, the concentration of choline declined gradually and returned to near baseline values at the end of the observation period. After the administration of CTC, plasma choline levels showed a similar time course but were considerably lower than those observed after the administration of alpha-GPC.
    I was taking CDP-Choline and I really did not care for it..i didn't hate it but I also did not care for it. So i "upgraded" to Centrophenoxine in hopes of experiencing a noticeable effect...positive effect...of course lol

Originally Posted by se7en07 View Post
    I was taking CDP-Choline and I really did not care for it..i didn't hate it but I also did not care for it. So i "upgraded" to Centrophenoxine in hopes of experiencing a noticeable effect...positive effect...of course lol
    Centrophenoxine being a potent nootropic I'm not surprised and am quite glad you like it lol. How dose are you taking?

The Next Jason Voorhees Da Main Man's Avatar
    Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would suggest you SELL these under the UN line.....now-ish
    Tell your Girlfriend i said thanks....

Centrophenoxine being a potent nootropic I'm not surprised and am quite glad you like it lol. How dose are you taking?
    I have not received my order yet. But planning on using 2.4g of piracetam and 250-500mg of centro 2x daily....

Took some choline bitartate and some b5 the other day along with my usual stack could definately feel the difference, not really in a good way thought, felt a bit anxious, last time I had some I remember binning it cos I felt ****, but put that down to coincedence that maybe I was just having a bad day.

I'm giving it a miss for the time being might try it again in a couple of days to see if I can spot the difference again, might just try the B5 alone too at one point, anyway the dmae, alcar and piracetam seem to be working ok, can tell the difference now, thinking a lot more quicker and coming up with ideas better for my work, also more observant and not burning out as quick.

Man that stuff expensive though for small quantities, what dosages of this do you need for optimal effects?

Originally Posted by Da Main Man View Post
    i would suggest you SELL these under the UN line.....now-ish
    Very soon.....

Man that stuff expensive though for small quantities, what dosages of this do you need for optimal effects?
    1-2 caps should work fine enough.

The Next Jason Voorhees Da Main Man's Avatar
    Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very soon.....
    ooooooooommmpph.

just had an accident.

nice one stevo!

btw, if you havn't noticed people are screaming for a focus XT alternative.....give the people what they want!
    Tell your Girlfriend i said thanks....

IMO it is hard to recommend a set dosage for any given person. People react differently to certain things esp. when it comes to nootropics. I peronally started off at 250mg 2x a day while on CDP-Choline. I topped out at 500mg 2x daily. As for Alpha-gpc i cannot comment on because I have yet to try it..best of luck to you though!

1-2 caps should work fine enough.
    That's not too bad then I suppose, I thought people where taking grams of the stuff!

Rather than replacing the DMAE should I go for this instead then? Will cut some cost.