Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation What Should My Heart Rate Be At For Cardio?

Doing cardio after the weights to shed some extra fat.

What should i aim for my heart rate to be at?

MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    above 120
    Shawn Ray`s disciple...

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hav0c View Post
    Doing cardio after the weights to shed some extra fat.

What should i aim for my heart rate to be at?
    This is the nutrition section....
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Unregistered Sex Offender Bramble's Avatar
    Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fukin fast
    and your should be sweating like a mofo
    and out of breath

then you know your doing it right
    My are your are birds are all and one gone away the they
    ಠ_ಠ

JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDabomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MAK060 View Post
    above 120
    Hmm...

If you want to burn fat after a workout, keep your heart rate around 120, you don't wanna go over 125-130. About 60-65% of your heart rate is optimal for fat burning. Anything over uses Carbs/glycogen stores/muscle tissue/fat. You can burn just as much fat doing higher intensity, but you will be burning hard earned muscle as well, overall faster weight loss, but same fat loss.

-Josh-
    March 15th 214 - 23.1%BF

Goal June 7th 10% BF

"Life ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep on moving"

Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    This is the nutrition section....
    I know whoops i was suspose to post this in teen section lol.

Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    fukin fast
    and your should be sweating like a mofo
    and out of breath

then you know your doing it right
    uMM NO

Originally Posted by JDabomb View Post
    Hmm...

If you want to burn fat after a workout, keep your heart rate around 120, you don't wanna go over 125-130. About 60-65% of your heart rate is optimal for fat burning. Anything over uses Carbs/glycogen stores/muscle tissue/fat. You can burn just as much fat doing higher intensity, but you will be burning hard earned muscle as well, overall faster weight loss, but same fat loss.

-Josh-

Wow cheers thanx, Any difference between bike and treadmill?

On the treadmill i find it hard to keep my heart rate under 130-140 even when doing a walk, on the bike i can have ti sitting at like 125.

IS one better than the other?

westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) westx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow cheers thanx, Any difference between bike and treadmill?

On the treadmill i find it hard to keep my heart rate under 130-140 even when doing a walk, on the bike i can have ti sitting at like 125.

IS one better than the other?
    I find if I do 3.5 with a incline of 5 my heartrate is in the range of 120-130. BTW if you're doing LIT(Low Intensity Cardio) Then you should keep it around 65-70% of your max heartrate. If your doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) You wanna vary it. For ex: 1 min as fast as you can on the bike, 1 min at 50-60%

To find your heartrate from 65-70%, just get 220 and multiply by .65 or .7.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JDabomb View Post
    Hmm...

-Josh-
    Your posts are really wetting the bed. Cardio after isn't necessarily catabolic. If you've eaten well beforehand (and maybe are using some intra-training nutrition) and the cardio isn't protracted and intense, then there isn't much to worry about. You haven't depleted glycogen (especially if you didn't train legs) to the degree that you think. And amino acid use for energy is typically negligible or nonexistent in most conditions encountered by "bodybuilders" as the body has an interest in keeping it and using other sources. Lots of microeffects may give a macroeffect if done repetitively over time as things add up but there is a lot of wiggle room here as very few things are inherently bad or good. Only when something is put in a proper frame of reference can you possibly have a discussion that is remotely sensible.

OP - Don't get too caught up in a nebulous "fat burning zone" since HR is rather variable and responds differently to exercise depending upon the individual, the type of exercise, etc.... And then there is cardiac drift to mess things up since this is being performed after resistance training <--- This is why you find your heartrate elevated even when walking.

If you want to use HR, go at a pace in your aerobic heart rate zone (Z2-Z3) which is typically 130-160 BPM (depending on where your aerobic and lactate threshold HRs are). Basically a point where you're breathing deeper and rhythmically.

But keep in mind that the majority of fat that you lose/burn comes in BETWEEN your workouts.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Your posts are really wetting the bed. Cardio after isn't necessarily catabolic. If you've eaten well beforehand (and maybe are using some intra-training nutrition) and the cardio isn't protracted and intense, then there isn't much to worry about. You haven't depleted glycogen (especially if you didn't train legs) to the degree that you think. And amino acid use for energy is typically negligible or nonexistent in most conditions encountered by "bodybuilders" as the body has an interest in keeping it and using other sources. Lots of microeffects may give a macroeffect if done repetitively over time as things add up but there is a lot of wiggle room here as very few things are inherently bad or good. Only when something is put in a proper frame of reference can you possibly have a discussion that is remotely sensible.

OP - Don't get too caught up in a nebulous "fat burning zone" since HR is rather variable and responds differently to exercise depending upon the individual, the type of exercise, etc.... And then there is cardiac drift to mess things up since this is being performed after resistance training <--- This is why you find your heartrate elevated even when walking.

If you want to use HR, go at a pace in your aerobic heart rate zone (Z2-Z3) which is typically 130-160 BPM (depending on where your aerobic and lactate threshold HRs are). Basically a point where you're breathing deeper and rhythmically.

But keep in mind that the majority of fat that you lose/burn comes in BETWEEN your workouts.
    Wow thanx alot for the post, helped me out alot. but what do you mean by...

But keep in mind that the majority of fat that you lose/burn comes in BETWEEN your workouts

???

You mean on a cut you burn most of the fat when you just not at the gym?

longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) longsnapper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow thanx alot for the post, helped me out alot. but what do you mean by...

But keep in mind that the majority of fat that you lose/burn comes in BETWEEN your workouts

???

You mean on a cut you burn most of the fat when you just not at the gym?
    majority of fat oxidation happens throughout the day in-between workouts/cardio. cardio not only increases fat oxidation during exercise but increases fat oxidation post exercise.
    support the troops.