chowdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question have i hit a wall? is it the Bowflex?

Hi everyone,

I have owned a Bowflex power pro for about a year. I bought it because it was only $150. Parents friends needed some quick cash, and only used the bowflex about 10 times when tehy lived in the USA. It was just sitting on there deck gaining rust and dust here in Fiji. So i bought it from them.

I am 18, living in Fiji. I am not taking any supplements anymore. I used Muscle Tech's, Nitro Tech Hard Core. It was amazing! it seemed like i could see results within the first 3 days. After a 3 months period i ran out and ever since then (June of 2007) i have not been on any supplements.

I am 5'10 and weigh 145lbs. My max bench is around 93kgs. When i first started out i was only able to bench about 3reps of 2 sets at 40kgs. And after i finished my protein power my max bench went up to 60kgs after 2 months.

It seems i have hit a wall. I cant seem to get any bigger. My goal is to get a bigger chest, back, and arms along with gaining strength. I have no barbell or free weights around my house. So my only thing i have is bodyweight exercises and the bowflex.

Could anybody give me some tips on some stuff i could do to help me get past this wall i have seemed to hit?

Would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

Jordan

The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why dont you take any supplements?

take some whey protein at least.
    Clean bulking

Originally Posted by The_Club View Post
    why dont you take any supplements?

take some whey protein at least.

I would love to! But if i bought some protein here it would cost me about 150-200$ for 2lbs.

And if i have it shipped in from the USA or Australia i would have to pay duty which would make it around 125-150$ and im not willing to pay that much on a 2lbs of protein. I'm waiting till i have family or friends go someplace that can pick me up some and bring it across as if it was theirs. That's the only way i can bring powders in without having to pay for duty. I've changed my diet to a high protein diet, and just recently just changed to a 50/50 diet of protein and carbs.

stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Red face

its the bowflex. free weights are the way to go your not going to get huge on machines and for not having whey or supps. train like a freak

sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chowdan View Post
    I would love to! But if i bought some protein here it would cost me about 150-200$ for 2lbs.

And if i have it shipped in from the USA or Australia i would have to pay duty which would make it around 125-150$ and im not willing to pay that much on a 2lbs of protein. I'm waiting till i have family or friends go someplace that can pick me up some and bring it across as if it was theirs. That's the only way i can bring powders in without having to pay for duty. I've changed my diet to a high protein diet, and just recently just changed to a 50/50 diet of protein and carbs.
    wtf

rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000) rdog3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my gosh, 200$ for 2lbs of whey. well i feel your pain but just try to eat the most you can. um to solve your problem maybe take a week off, see how it goes. pushups are a great bodyweight exercise, and hopefully you workout your legs. Oh and what everyone else is saying, freeweights are better, try to join a local gym.
    Last edited by rdog3; 11-01-2008 at 03:44 PM.

rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10) rejamesed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bowflex is to get ripped/cut/toned because it uses resistance weights.

i suggest getting free weights.
    I eat your for breakfast and your mom for dessert

gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gmenfan40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

wtf, is it even physically possible to eat absolutely zero amount of fat, having 50/50 of carbs and protein?
    TRUMP 2024

ALL libtards are f@gg0ts (Ded fkn Srs)

Toxic Masculinity

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

United States Army Veteran

White Conservative Heterosexual Male who is not a White Supremecist (Ded fkn Srs)

The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Club will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gmenfan40 View Post
    wtf, is it even physically possible to eat absolutely zero amount of fat, having 50/50 of carbs and protein?
    i think its just a general idea
    Clean bulking

Originally Posted by The_Club View Post
    i think its just a general idea
    Yes, its just a general idea.

I just found out my parents recently purchased resort, has a gym has some free weights. So i am going to bring them back to my house next time i go there, because no one ever uses the gym there and its getting transformed into a theater.

So stick with free weights for now?

gettin to 170 maybe 180 poser_kid's Avatar
    poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poser_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, its just a general idea.

I just found out my parents recently purchased resort, has a gym has some free weights. So i am going to bring them back to my house next time i go there, because no one ever uses the gym there and its getting transformed into a theater.

So stick with free weights for now?
    your parents bought a resort? wtf
    10/27/08- 73Kg start (160lbs)
    12/07/08- 73.6Kg (161lbs) :(
    12/26/08/ 74Kg (163lbs)
    02/01/09 76Kg (167lbs)
    03/21/09 77.5Kg (171lbs)

FEBRUARY 1st GOAL: 75Kg (165lbs)-COMPLETED!
    Goal: Lean 165-170lbs

strength goals:
    bench: 50Kg, 75Kg
    deadlift: 50Kg, 75Kg
    Squat: 50Kg, 75Kg

sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by poser_kid View Post
    HIS THREAD IS AWESOME

Originally Posted by poser_kid View Post

haha yea. Its gone bankrupt so we've got a friend to invest the money. so yea were hoping to make it go