Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)

Heart Rate Questions and Basic Breakdown....

Here is what I am confused about:

A) Ok, I need to some answers on the appropriate heart rate for maximum cardio HIIT burning.

I am 208 pounds, 37 and 5' 11".

B)Next is a bit more complicated...I think.

Is the whole point of good cardio that I keep my heart rate in the cardio HIIT range?

So whether job, run, walk fast, twiddle my thumbs, etc. as long as the HR is in the HIIT range I am good?

Thanks for helping me clear this up.

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post

A) Ok, I need to some answers on the appropriate heart rate for maximum cardio HIIT burning.

Is the whole point of good cardio that I keep my heart rate in the cardio HIIT range?

So whether job, run, walk fast, twiddle my thumbs, etc. as long as the HR is in the HIIT range I am good?

Your max heart rate is 220 - your age. But, and I stress the word but, this is almost never accurate. Good approximate starting point but not accurate by a long shot.
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EnigmaPower View Post
    Your max heart rate is 220 - your age. But, and I stress the word but, this is almost never accurate. Good approximate starting point but not accurate by a long shot.
    220?!?!?!

I should have my heartrate close to that number? That cannot be correct!

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for optimal fat burning you should be around 65% of your max heart rate. For optimal cardiovascular benefits you should be closer to 80% max heart rate.

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    220?!?!?!

I should have my heartrate close to that number? That cannot be correct!
    220 - your age. Read it again
    Squat heavy or go home

Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jake57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Read it as: 220 minus your age.

Originally Posted by Jake57 View Post
    Read it as: 220 minus your age.
    Guess he didn't see the minus sign
    Squat heavy or go home

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

What do you suggest then?

184 seems way too high to me.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Guess he didn't see the minus sign
    It didn't compute that way....
    So it should be 183 Max heart rate......

The optimal fat burning should be 118 bpm.

For optimal cardio should be 146 bpm.

Hopefully my math is correct

So I have been keeping my heart between 130-140. So I am good.

How about the second part of my questions....As long as I keep the heart rate in that range, HOW I do that (running, walking fast, twiddling thumbs) doesn't matter?

Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    What do you suggest then?

184 seems way too high to me.

220 - age as a start. Heartrate is dependent on the individual. The MHR equation of 220 - age is well known and widely used in medicine. Just go to any cardiologist or hospital's cardiopulmonary department and ask.
    Squat heavy or go home

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So I have been keeping my heart between 130-140. So I am good.

How about the second part of my questions....As long as I keep the heart rate in that range, HOW I do that (running, walking fast, twiddling thumbs) doesn't matter?
    Yes pretty much.

220 - age as a start. Heartrate is dependent on the individual. The MHR equation of 220 - age is well known and widely used in medicine. Just go to any cardiologist or hospital's cardiopulmonary department and ask.

AWESOME answer. No wonder why your in the red.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

AWESOME answer. No wonder why your in the red.

No I am in the red cause there are some jerks on the forum who are about as immature as you are being with this answer. You asked a question and I answered. If you don't like it or think it's wrong post something contrary but don't come off with a smartass remark. Act your age.
    Squat heavy or go home

No I am in the red cause there are some jerks on the forum who are about as immature as you are being with this answer. You asked a question and I answered. If you don't like it or think it's wrong post something contrary but don't come off with a smartass remark. Act your age.
    I ask a simple question as what do you suggest.
    Then you tell me to go see a cardiologist or hospital's cardiopulmonary.

We are her to help each other out. I directly answered his question.
    You give answers by telling us to go see someone else.

Yer a funy 1.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taxguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think rpaul said it best. Your target heart rate depends upon your goal - fatburning or cardiovascular health.

Ummm he was not the one who asked the original question...I was. Just so you know...

I ask a simple question as what do you suggest.
    Then you tell me to go see a cardiologist or hospital's cardiopulmonary.

We are her to help each other out. I directly answered his question.
    You give answers by telling us to go see someone else.

Yer a funy 1.

No read the damn answer I posted and tell me how 220 - age as a start. Heartrate is dependent on the individual. didn't answer your question. I ALSO (you do know also means additional right?) If you think the equation is wrong you can go ask a medical professional.
    Squat heavy or go home

No read the damn answer I posted and tell me how 220 - age as a start. Heartrate is dependent on the individual. didn't answer your question. I ALSO (you do know also means additional right?) If you think the equation is wrong you can go ask a medical professional.
    Then explain why you said "but not accurate by a long shot" and why I asked "what you suggest then?" in reguards to your statement.

I'm done with this clown.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

Then explain why you said "but not accurate by a long shot" and why I asked "what you suggest then?" in reguards to your statement.

I'm done with this clown.

You don't read to good do you? Heartrate is dependent on the individual. mean to you? BTW, i really don't believe your lie about being done so to ensure that I don't have to see any more of your inanity...I hear my ignore list calling out your name.
    Squat heavy or go home

Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000)
    The days of looking at a chart for your heart rate taget zone are over. It will very from person to person and there are numerous different ways to calculate it. I use ACSM guidelines for my clients and have found the Heart Rate Reserve % to be a good tool (Karvonen). It will require you to find your resting heart rate and then enter it into a formula. I will supply a link to several different calculators so you can take a look. To find your resting heart rate, wake up naturally (i.e. no alarm clock, etc) and take your heart rate while still in bed. Do this for several days and get an average. This will be your true resting heart rate and you can go from there.

The Heart Rate Reserve. gives you a range by percentage of what the maximum your heart can beat. You then decide what range you want to work in for your specific goals. Obviously it is more complex than I have explained here, but it's a good starting point and will give you numbers that you can use.

http://pages.prodigy.net/edc3/imusa/heart_rates.html

For cardiorespiratory fitness ACSM (2000) recommends intensities between 55% and 65% to 90% of maximum heart rate, or between 40% and 50% to 85% of oxygen uptake reserve (VO2R) or Heart Rate Reserve (HHR). ACSM suggests low-fit or deconditioned individuals may experience improvements at exercise intensities of only 40% to 49% HRR or 55% to 64% Maximum Heart Rate (HRmax). Skinner et. al. (2004) remarks, "Because 'quite unfit', sedentary subjects are already doing enough activity in their daily lives to maintain a VO2 ventilatory threshold at levels that are generally greater than 50% VO2R, it is not necessary to reduce the prescribed intensity to 40% VO2R, as recommended by the ACSM."

Cardiovascular fitness improvement is dependent upon the exercise program (mode, frequency, duration, intensity of exercise) as well as the individual participant (fitness level, age, and health status). Also see Running Risk / Benefit Study. For the average person aerobic training programs typically produce an increase of VO2 of 5% to 20% (Pollock 1973). Those with low initial levels of fitness and those exhibiting large losses of body weight will exhibit up to a 40% improvement of VO2 max. Similarly, only modest improvements may be expected from individuals with high initial levels of fitness or those who exhibit little change in body weight (ACSM 1995).

Intensity, duration, and frequency are somewhat inversely proportional. If one component increases, the others may be decreased to a degree. When a program has been established intensity is the least forgiving component for cardiovascular fitness. An increase of duration or frequency can not make up for a significant decrease of intensity without a decrease of cardiovascular fitness.

Cardiovascular fitness can be expressed as maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 max). This is the amount of oxygen the body can utilize per unit weight per unit time [ml / (kg x min)]. Since measuring oxygen consumption directly is not feasible, many methods of measuring VO2 max have been developed. These cardiovascular tests have been validated by measuring the direct correlation of VO2 max and estimate cardiovascular fitness. These results of a cardiovascular fitness test can be used to prescribe an exercise program based on the participant's fitness level. See Aerobic Testing.

The inclusion of resistance training is important for a sound overall exercise program but will not significantly increase VO2 max. Circuit weight training (e.g. 10 to 15 repetitions with 15 to 30 seconds between weight stations) improves VO2 max an average of about 5%. For this reason circuit training is not generally recommended as an activity to improve cardiovascular fitness. (ACSM 1995)

Above quote taken from this site:
    http://www.exrx.net/Aerobic/AerobicGoals.html
    Last edited by Olie; 10-31-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Lift big, eat large, get huge! Kaz quote
    R.I.P. Jesse Marunde "Squat More!"
    R.I.P. PAPD Officer Brian Raymond #423
    Gone but never forgotten

Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hi DeathtoToasters,

To figure out what your maximum heart rate (MHR) is you take the number 220 and subtract your age. Then take that number and multiply that number by the following:

.90 = 90%
    .80 = 80%
    .70 = 70%
    .60 = 60%
    .50 = 50%

Your numbers will look like this:

220 - 36 (your age) = 184 (MHR) or you can look at it this way... Your max heart rate is 184 heart beats per minute for YOUR age.

Now you can use your MHR of 184 and multiply it by the percentage you want to know.

Here are your numbers:

MHR % HBPM (heart beats per min)
    184 x .90 = 165.6 (This is 90 percent of your Max Heart Rate. See how this works?)
    184 x .80 = 147.2
    184 x .70 = 128.8
    184 x .60 = 110.4

For Cardiovascular health your workout zone needs to be at 80% or 147.2 heart beats per minute for you.

For weight loss your workout zone needs to be at 60% or 110.4 beats per minute for you.

For the average person they say you need to do at least 30 minutes per day at least 5 days a week. (This seems to be a good starting point.)

I hoped this helped.

P.S. You can do whatever activity you want to do so long as you can maintain the percentage of what your workout range is. - Good luck.
    Here's what is happening in my neck of the woods....

Paving the way so the rubber can hit the road!

Repping back since 06!
    Reps owed:

Originally Posted by Brother Steel View Post
    Hi DeathtoToasters,

To figure out what your maximum heart rate (MHR) is you take the number 220 and subtract your age. Then take that number and multiply that number by the following:

.90 = 90%
    .80 = 80%
    .70 = 70%
    .60 = 60%
    .50 = 50%

220 - 36 (your age) = 184 (MHR) or you can look at it this way... Your max heart rate is 184 heart beats per minute for YOUR age.

Now you can use your MHR of 184 and multiply it by the percentage you want to know.

Here are your numbers:

184 x .90 = 165.6 (This is 90 percent of your Max Heart Rate. See how this works?)
    184 x .80 = 147.2
    184 x .70 = 128.8
    184 x .60 = 110.4

For Cardiovascular health your workout zone needs to be at 80% or 147.2 heart beats per minute for you.

For weight loss your workout zone needs to be at 60% or 110.4 beats per minute for you.

For the average person they say you need to do at least 30 minutes per day at least 5 days a week. (This seems to be a good starting point.)

I hoped this helped.

P.S. You can do whatever activity you want to do so long as you can maintain the percentage of what your workout range is. - Good luck.

Thanks!!

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post

$6.45 on Amazon.
    Just saying....
    Oh so just because he finishes all his conversations by putting the other person on ignore you think he has issues?

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    While "220-age" is common like many things there isn't that much science behind it as it turns out

http://faculty.css.edu/tboone2/asep/Robergs2.pdf

THE SURPRISING HISTORY OF THE ?HRmax=220-age? EQUATION
    Journal of Exercise Physiology
    Volume 5 Number 2 May 2002

INTRODUCTION

This short manuscript has been written to provide insight into the history of the maximal heart rate (HRmax)
    prediction equation; HRmax=220?age. Surprisingly, there is no published record of research for this equation.
    As will be explained, the origin of the formula is a superficial estimate, based on observation, of a linear best fit
    to a series of raw and mean data compiled in 1971 (1). However, evidence of the physiological study of
    maximal heart rate prediction dates back to at least 1938 from the research of Sid Robinson (2).
    Research since 1971 has revealed the error in HRmax estimation, and there remains no formula that provides
    acceptable accuracy of HRmax prediction

CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS

Based on this review of research and application of HRmax prediction, the following recommendations can be
    made;

1. Currently, there is no acceptable method to estimate HRmax.

2. If HRmax needs to be estimated, then population specific formulae should be used. However, the most
    accurate general equation is that of Inbar (17) (Table 3); HRmax=205.8-0.685(age). Nevertheless, the error
    (Sxy=6.4 b/min) is still unacceptably large.

Originally Posted by Olie View Post
    The days of looking at a chart for your heart rate taget zone are over. It will very from person to person and there are numerous different ways to calculate it. I use ACSM guidelines for my clients and have found the Heart Rate Reserve % to be a good tool (Karvonen). It will require you to find your resting heart rate and then enter it into a formula. I will supply a link to several different calculators so you can take a look. To find your resting heart rate, wake up naturally (i.e. no alarm clock, etc) and take your heart rate while still in bed. Do this for several days and get an average. This will be your true resting heart rate and you can go from there.

The Heart Rate Reserve. gives you a range by percentage of what the maximum your heart can beat. You then decide what range you want to work in for your specific goals. Obviously it is more complex than I have explained here, but it's a good starting point and will give you numbers that you can use.

http://pages.prodigy.net/edc3/imusa/heart_rates.html

For cardiorespiratory fitness ACSM (2000) recommends intensities between 55% and 65% to 90% of maximum heart rate, or between 40% and 50% to 85% of oxygen uptake reserve (VO2R) or Heart Rate Reserve (HHR). ACSM suggests low-fit or deconditioned individuals may experience improvements at exercise intensities of only 40% to 49% HRR or 55% to 64% Maximum Heart Rate (HRmax). Skinner et. al. (2004) remarks, "Because 'quite unfit', sedentary subjects are already doing enough activity in their daily lives to maintain a VO2 ventilatory threshold at levels that are generally greater than 50% VO2R, it is not necessary to reduce the prescribed intensity to 40% VO2R, as recommended by the ACSM."

Cardiovascular fitness improvement is dependent upon the exercise program (mode, frequency, duration, intensity of exercise) as well as the individual participant (fitness level, age, and health status). Also see Running Risk / Benefit Study. For the average person aerobic training programs typically produce an increase of VO2 of 5% to 20% (Pollock 1973). Those with low initial levels of fitness and those exhibiting large losses of body weight will exhibit up to a 40% improvement of VO2 max. Similarly, only modest improvements may be expected from individuals with high initial levels of fitness or those who exhibit little change in body weight (ACSM 1995).

Intensity, duration, and frequency are somewhat inversely proportional. If one component increases, the others may be decreased to a degree. When a program has been established intensity is the least forgiving component for cardiovascular fitness. An increase of duration or frequency can not make up for a significant decrease of intensity without a decrease of cardiovascular fitness.

Cardiovascular fitness can be expressed as maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 max). This is the amount of oxygen the body can utilize per unit weight per unit time [ml / (kg x min)]. Since measuring oxygen consumption directly is not feasible, many methods of measuring VO2 max have been developed. These cardiovascular tests have been validated by measuring the direct correlation of VO2 max and estimate cardiovascular fitness. These results of a cardiovascular fitness test can be used to prescribe an exercise program based on the participant's fitness level. See Aerobic Testing.

The inclusion of resistance training is important for a sound overall exercise program but will not significantly increase VO2 max. Circuit weight training (e.g. 10 to 15 repetitions with 15 to 30 seconds between weight stations) improves VO2 max an average of about 5%. For this reason circuit training is not generally recommended as an activity to improve cardiovascular fitness. (ACSM 1995)

Above quote taken from this site:
    http://www.exrx.net/Aerobic/AerobicGoals.html
    +
    Originally Posted by Brother Steel View Post
    Hi DeathtoToasters,

.90 = 90%
    .80 = 80%
    .70 = 70%
    .60 = 60%
    .50 = 50%

Here are your numbers:

184 x .80 = 147.2
    184 x .70 = 128.8
    184 x .60 = 110.4

I hoped this helped.

Ouch me brain hurts.
    I guess I can say that people put WAYYYYY too much thought into these type of things. Just take a look at the oatmeal thread.
    Not saying that these two posts are wrong or anything...

Seriously, who actually has an "accurate" heart monitor on them while doing cardio? If you trust those handles on the elliptical or in the stationary bike more power to you.

Simply put: If you have a good diet and consistantly do cardio you will lose weight.

$6.45 on Amazon.
    Just saying....

LMAO!!!

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

$6.45 on Amazon.
    Just saying....
    You could post here and try to win friends if you want. Last time I checked this wasn't a popularity contest.
    Squat heavy or go home

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    but really..is it so bad if one or 2 people actually like you?

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    but really..is it so bad if one or 2 people actually like you?
    one or two people that like me because they agree with my opinions and no other reason? Why would I want friends like that?
    Squat heavy or go home

one or two people that like me because they agree with my opinions and no other reason? Why would I want friends like that?
    you do understand that you can disagree with a person and still be likeable?

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    for real, can't we all just get along? enigma, you have a positive genius at quibbling and putting people off. perhaps you should take a look at that. for instance, because a fellow didn't quite get that "-" meant minus, you went on a minny tirade...with defensive posturing and bold letters to follow...i think you actually might have gotten to the 220-your age max, which we all now know is the point where enigma blows a gasket.

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    you do understand that you can disagree with a person and still be likeable?
    And apparently lots of people here do. What you and others here are saying (mostly emoRAT with his childish picture) is that it is more important to be likable than to post honestly. When I run for political office I'll do that but until then....this isn't a popularity contest. Why are you arguing otherwise? Do you think it is?
    Squat heavy or go home