JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help--how do you lower HGH and IGF-1 levels?

I know that many people try to enhance their human growth hormone (HGH) and IGF-1 levels to promote muscle growth, but I actually need to do the opposite. I'm 38, and I have Ewing's Sarcoma (a type of bone cancer). I originally got it when I was 32, and after putting into remission twice, it has recently returned. There appears to be a direct link with Ewing's and the IGF-1 hormone (which is most frequently produced in the liver from HGH). Ewing's tends to hit people when the growth hormones are at their highest and only a very small percentage of Ewing's cases appear in people over the age of 30. Also, recent research has shown that monocolonal antibodies that block the IGF-1 receptor can either stop the growth of Ewings or even kill it. Unfortunately, because of the location of my tumor, I don't qualify for the current studies of the monoclonal antibodies, so I'm going to have to start chemotherapy again and hope that I'm one of the one-third of people who respond to chemo in recurrent Ewing's.

I've lifted weights for most of my adult life, although I'm no great body builder, and have taken the best legal supplements I could get, to include 1AD, 4AD, and M1T. Once they were banned, I pretty much limited myself to whey protein, tribulus, and the occasion cycle of 6-OXO. After my first bout with cancer, I always tried to get strong when I went into remission, so I could face the cancer better when it returned. My recent research has shown, however, that my weight lifting probably increased my HGH and IGF-1 levels and fed my cancer. I have absolutely no experience in biochemistry or endocrinology, but I need to figure out how I can safely keep my IGF-1 levels lower to make the cancer less able to fight off my chemotherapy. I know that there are some really bright scientific types on this forum who are familiar with HGH and IGF-1, and I really need advice. I've read what you can do to promote HGH and IGF-1 levels, but I have to try to do the opposite. The doctors aren't real big on combining different drugs while you're on chemo, so I'm looking for ways to do this naturally or through supps. I have a wife and kids and I'd like to fight this cancer off again until the doctors come up with a better treatment for which I am eligible.
    "Fortune favors the bold."

dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sorry to hear all that. You should probably consult a real doctor... and i'm pretty sure this doesn't belong in the supplement science section...

JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dhuss View Post
    I'm sorry to hear all that. You should probably consult a real doctor... and i'm pretty sure this doesn't belong in the supplement science section...
    I've been consulting real doctors for years. The only problem with doctors is that they aren't usually comfortable with trying anything different--unless they're doing a clinical trial. The oncologist I've spoken with agrees that IGF-1 and HGH probably feed my cancer, but the doctors are reluctant to give me any drugs to lower my HGH levels because there aren't any good studies on combining such drugs with chemo. If doctors always gave out the best cutting edge supplements that worked, we wouldn't need a Supplements section on this forum.
    "Fortune favors the bold."

fionn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Old thread but on the off chance the op gets email notifications this is an interesting, possibly relivent documentary.

http: //m.video.pbs.org/video/2363162206/

Remove spaces in above link.