Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Thread: Whey or ISO?

Stats: 5'8", 216 lbs
    Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pety-Pipper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Pety-Pipper's BodySpace

Whey or ISO?

I went to my local supplemt store today to grab some whey and casein and i was talking with the guy and was telling him how im cutting and he recomended to use ISO protein after my workouts because it absorbs within 30 min. What are the pros and cons of using ISO if your cutting appose to Whey?

Stats: 5'10", 172 lbs
    BodyPoints: 645
    sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000) sxgt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit sxgt's BodySpace
    I get the whey at walmart , no substitute for food.
    The things posted on this site are generally opinions from experience, only a fool would take it as fact!

Stats: 5'10", 194 lbs
    second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000) second-chance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit second-chance's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Pety-Pipper View Post
    I went to my local supplemt store today to grab some whey and casein and i was talking with the guy and was telling him how im cutting and he recomended to use ISO protein after my workouts because it absorbs within 30 min. What are the pros and cons of using ISO if your cutting appose to Whey?
    He was probably referring to Isolate when he said ISO, but you can have whey isolate. So he was probably referring to whey concentrate when he just said whey. A whey isolate has a higher biological value, a higher absorption rate and is generally a more pure protein than whey protein concentrate. All round an isolate is better than a concentrate for cutting or gaining muscle. Ideally real food trumps all.

Then the next step up for speed of absorption would probably be hydrolyzed whey isolates. A much slower absorbing protein would be a casein, but you are talking about another whole arena of proteins. I personally use all the above but at different times of the day and for different purposes. Hope that helps answer your question
    Never say die.

BodyPoints: 7900
    in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) in10city has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit in10city's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Pety-Pipper View Post
    What is this "whey"? A blend of different whey types?

On an absolute scale - there are differences - depending upon what criteria you are evaluating. While WPI is generally a higher quality product than a bend, unless you are living off it or have digestive problems with the protein (lactose), there will be little difference in practical "results" (define it) at the end of the day as long as you pick a quality protein that's processed correctly. That's probably what's more important to evaluate.

Just to highlight a few...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink3.htm
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.