Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio and weights on the same day

I've been doing three days a week of weights and three days a week of cardio. Lately though I've noticed I've been wanting more rest days than work days. I am cutting right now and was wondering if it would be ok to do cardio in the mornings and then weights eight to twelve hours apart monday, wednesday, and friday, and then have the rest of the days of the week for rest?

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Cardio and weights on the same day

Originally posted by devl
    I've been doing three days a week of weights and three days a week of cardio. Lately though I've noticed I've been wanting more rest days than work days. I am cutting right now and was wondering if it would be ok to do cardio in the mornings and then weights eight to twelve hours apart monday, wednesday, and friday, and then have the rest of the days of the week for rest?
    Of course its okay to do cardio on your workout days. Just dont do it directly before/after your wrokouts. Also, dont do it completly on an empty stomach. HAve something high in protein/low in carbs (beef jerkey, proteion shake, tuna, milk ,etc) before going.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Cardio and weights on the same day

Originally posted by Sychokid
    Of course its okay to do cardio on your workout days. Just dont do it directly before/after your wrokouts. Also, dont do it completly on an empty stomach. HAve something high in protein/low in carbs (beef jerkey, proteion shake, tuna, milk ,etc) before going.
    Thanks. It's always good to get a second opinion

pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    whats wrong with doing it after workouts? i don't see any problem with it as long as it's low/moderate intensity cardio

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by pinoy
    whats wrong with doing it after workouts? i don't see any problem with it as long as it's low/moderate intensity cardio
    IMO, the best type of cardio is high intensity. Also, low/moderate intensity cardio tends to be long (like 30 minutes). If its only 15 minutes low intensity, then that wont do much.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841