omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Low...Lower Sodium Beef Jerky

I've been looking for some tasty, high protein snacks for work. I love beef jerky but most of the stuff has 500mg or more of sodium in a serving. I guess that the salt is necessary to keep the jerky from going bad. Does anyone know of any lower sodium beef jerky?
    SQUAT: Because somewhere there's a girl warming up with your max.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111481151&page=2

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by omologato24 View Post
    I've been looking for some tasty, high protein snacks for work. I love beef jerky but most of the stuff has 500mg or more of sodium in a serving. I guess that the salt is necessary to keep the jerky from going bad. Does anyone know of any lower sodium beef jerky?
    Jerkey just being jerkey means it will most likely be high in sodium. But Trader Joe's has a good tasting alternative -- 4 oz and I think each serving is 275mg or so?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

anonymous
    once you get into the healthy levels of sodium its just regular beef, theres no such thing as low sodium beef jerkey, because beef jerkey literally needs salt to be beef jerkey

too late, no friends deejaykaydee's Avatar
    deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50) deejaykaydee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can make your own and keep the salt in the marinade to a minimum.

Best jerky I've ever had was homemade.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Colonel Sanders

Registered User snakehandlingseductress's Avatar
    snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakehandlingseductress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deejaykaydee View Post
    You can make your own and keep the salt in the marinade to a minimum.

Best jerky I've ever had was homemade.

Hi. Can you tell us step by step how to make beef jerky please?

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snakehandlingseductress View Post
    Hi. Can you tell us step by step how to make beef jerky please?
    There's a plenty on Google. Just type in homemade beef jerky recipe.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll just keep jerky as a rare treat in my diet to avoid the sodium.
    SQUAT: Because somewhere there's a girl warming up with your max.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111481151&page=2