Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does P90X work?

C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Does P90X work?

I've seen a lot of ads for P90X. I would like to try it, but I want to know if it's really affective and is it worth the money? I can actually get the videos for free, but I don't get the nutrition chart or any of the accessories that come with it.

Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I've heard that P90X is excellent for weight-loss.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by C-results View Post
    I've seen a lot of ads for P90X. I would like to try it, but I want to know if it's really affective and is it worth the money? I can actually get the videos for free, but I don't get the nutrition chart or any of the accessories that come with it.
    "The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored!"

Sounds like a load of crap.

wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wel_99999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_ View Post
    "The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored!"

Errr why......??????

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by wel_99999 View Post
    Errr why......??????
    "Muscle confusion"

"constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus"

Give me a break. You want your body to adapt to a given training stimulus. And when it does you then increase the training load (more weight, more reps, more sets, etc.) and force it to adapt once again. Repeat.

Constantly changing exercises and routines to "keep your body guessing" is a guaranteed way to stay small and weak.

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's an exercise and diet program that requires commitment.

You will get similar results from any quality exercise and diet program that you actually commit to.

Maybe paying all that money for it is enough motivation to stay committed.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Muscle confusion"

Give me a break. You want your body to adapt to a given training stimulus. And when it does you then increase the training load (more weight, more reps, more sets, etc.) and force it to adapt once again. Repeat.

Constantly changing exercises and routines to "keep your body guessing" is a guaranteed way to stay small and weak.
    I agree

golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am two weeks away from finishing my 2nd round on P90X (180 days) and am a huge fan. Having said that I recently joined a gym and would like to spend the fall/winter months putting on a little more size and trying more of a traditional resistance routine.

The program is a good all around fitness program, and prior to P90X i did 60 days on Power 90 and that is where I lost most of my weight. P90X, just made me more physically fit.

As much as I bought into the "muscle confussion" and "get ripped in 90 days" language, what I found to be the key to my success with the program was the diet and consistancy. I do feel they have a stong online community which helped me feel accountable to strictly following the program. I also think the production value of the DVDs are very good as well and not like your typical total body workout video.

Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by C-results View Post
    pretty shure anything you do at this point will help. no bashing but nothing beats straight hard work in the traditional squat, deadlift, and overahead push press. if you log a progressive program in these 3 lifts i know you can turn your body into a tank.

mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Muscle confusion"

but dude, the muscles are confused!

ya, that does sound like a whole lot of horse crap. If anything, it's probably the psychological factor the program creates to keep a person working their ass off. You know, the kind you get after you pay for something that guarantees success? :P
    Because if it were easy, I wouldn't be interested.

kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My wife did Power90 which is the easier version of P90x. P90x is fast paced cardio/Plyometrics. In P90x you'll do pull-ups/leg lifts/Plyometrics/push ups and such. It's mainly for weight loss and definition. It does work, but it's not really anything you couldn't learn by reading the forums here. If the DVD's will get you to work out then do it, but you could get it done just as well without the DVD's.

chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chubbecto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    its a piece of **** dude, just like ab rollers and bowflex machines

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lol at the harsh but true responses in this thread.

-=TWITCH=- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chubbecto View Post
    its a piece of **** dude, just like ab rollers and bowflex machines
    WRONG there is no magic machine its just a program that work. I have cut Fat and gained a lot of muscle with the program. They dont't sell you a crappy gadget it's just ole fashioned hard work.
    www.ourfitnessjourney.com
    www.beachbodycoach.com/catcher

ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddeacon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First post but had to put something out there as I've been doing P90X for a few years (a couple of rounds per year). I definitely disagree that it is crap.

You need to understand what is is. It's not something you are going to bulk up on hugley and it isn't a weight loss program. It is more of a physical fitness and nutrition program. If you want to get extremely fit, it will work well. If you want to put on huge amounts of muscle, probably not for you. For me, I cycle it with weight routines (3 months weight routine, 3 month P90X etc) as I like the variation and am looking for more general fitness. Also, when I'm doing weight routines, I use a few of the P90X videos for cardio...gotta try the PlyoX video. It is great if you do any kind of sports that you want to get fit for.

Once you've done it, you'll know what works and what doesn't work. I have gotten to the point that I substitute certain exercises that they have in the videos to get what I want to out of them (like I do bench when they do pushups etc.).

If you can get the videos for free, go for it. It's only a 3 month program, you'll know after the first few weeks if you like it or not. I personally modified it after the first week as I can't stand Yoga so I dropped it and sub'd another video. The papers for tracking progress are available in pdf on the P90X website as well.

D

Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pact_kev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As Gecko2424 said in post #6, it's all about the diet. Nothing more nothing less. You can do any program that is said to work on TV if you stick to a great diet. I assume that the diets that are given with the programs are made by RD's.

If you are looking to lose weight get a gym membership and learn how to use the machines and how to diet correctly.

No diet = No results. It's that smiple
    I lift weights & I climb things.

andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    pretty shure anything you do at this point will help. no bashing but nothing beats straight hard work in the traditional squat, deadlift, and overahead push press. if you log a progressive program in these 3 lifts i know you can turn your body into a tank.
    This is what I am doing. Screw gimmicks.

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You just need to decipher the language to get to the heart of it. It sounds like a linear periodization routine with deloads. But instead of the traditional hypertrophy/strength/power phases, the program seems to have gone in a direction geared to losing weight. I don't know the specifics of the program so I can't really say beyond what I've seen in the informercials.

shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10) shkoder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i always though p90x worked...hmmmm

-=TWITCH=- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bushati View Post
    i always though p90x worked...hmmmm
    It does work I am proof that it works
    www.ourfitnessjourney.com
    www.beachbodycoach.com/catcher

pandrews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It works

Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    I think if you're going for fitness and not bodybuilding it's a good program mostly because it gives you clear nutritional goals to shoot for. My brother in law went from 3 to 12 pullups and lost 15 lbs in the first 3 weeks! And he's a physical therapist so I know he wouldn't recommend something that's crap.

BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG_1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

at first I was like WTF...
    "Muscle confusion"

then i understood.
    Learn how to freelance online @ www.workthai.afarangabroad.com

----don't be THAT guy---- two choices's Avatar
    two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i realize that this is a bodybuilding website, but not every fitness program is meant to add tons of muscle. p90x is just a fitness program, to get fit. they don't advertise themselves as the key to becoming mr. O.

i think p90x would be infinitely better for general fitness than hip hop abs, or flirty girl, or tae bo, or any of the other million programs that have come out over the years. i'm really surprised this site doesn't give p90 props simply because it actually uses weights and a pull up bar. that alone makes it better than others.
    STATS:
    bench-(insert e-stat)
    squat-(insert e-stat)
    dead-(insert e-stat)

Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Omfgorzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't use p90x but i couple of guys i work with do and yes it has worked for them. You just have to fallow it to a T.
    It's time to get NASTY!

crops004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pact_kev View Post
    As Gecko2424 said in post #6, it's all about the diet. Nothing more nothing less. You can do any program that is said to work on TV if you stick to a great diet. I assume that the diets that are given with the programs are made by RD's.

If you are looking to lose weight get a gym membership and learn how to use the machines and how to diet correctly.

No diet = No results. It's that smiple
    If I don't want to pay the money for p90x, how do you suggest I create a useful diet?

awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by crops004 View Post
    If I don't want to pay the money for p90x, how do you suggest I create a useful diet?
    search the nutrition forum

Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kalure is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lol I used to do this before I did any weight lifting and all that happened is I gained a lite amount of definition and lost about 8 lbs. (I only stuck with it for 2 mo. so maybe I would've gotten ripped and bulky if I did it all 90 days XD)
    "The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."

GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Muscle confusion"

It's not a program thats intended to bulk you or turn you into some powerlifting machine, nor does it ever claim to be. It's designed to keep you lean and build some muscle, to attain that "fit" look. Everything I have heard/seen from first person accounts has been nothing but very positive.
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██
    <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>

Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and affirmation that destiny can do nothing but obey.

GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crops004 View Post
    AMG Zambie postz. kill it!
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██
    <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>

Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and affirmation that destiny can do nothing but obey.

JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinCheung38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay let us clear the air about P90X.

It is basically having a personal trainer pushing you through exercises if your overall knowledge of bodybuilding and fitness in general is limited.

Sure it helps with your nutritional charting and what not, but just eat clean with a 500 calorie deficit and you will get similar results. That means, healthy fats, low GI carbs, high protein.

P90X will not get you 'ripped and jacked'. Please understand that if you are doing this program with no previous lifting experience, you will probably not have much muscle mass laying under that fat - sorry to be blunt.

The reason I think most people on this forum get upset when people mention P90X is that the fanboys run in saying they got jacked from it, when clearly there is a visible distinction between what most of the experienced lifters understand as 'ripped and jacked' versus what fanboys do.

If you are that stupid, let me give you some examples.

BB Enthusiasts - believe that, if we stay in the spectrum of being natural, jacked is someone along the lines of Skip La Cour in his prime.

P90X Enthusiasts - believe that jacked is being completely negligent of symmetry and having some abs and maybe a little bit of chest.

Sure there are exceptions of people who have used P90X as a fat-burning supplement to help during their cutting phase, hell I know I have. Just do not live and die by it as the only form of exercise that will get you huge.

If you want some big mooscles, get in the gym, grab some plates and drive some iron.

There is my rant, kill me now.