Thread: Grip issues?

dulaney22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Grip issues?

I currently use a suicide grip on bench, military press, etc. and am having forearm tendon pain in my elbow. The bone on the left side will get sore and hurt. I wonder if it's because of my grip and an increase in weight. It seems that the bar gets higher up in my hand with the suicide grip and is more in my palms with a closed grip. Anyone have any thoughts? I don't know if they correlate at all but it seems the pressure pushing my wrist back may be straining that tendon.

anybody?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dulaney22 View Post
    anybody?
    You may be bending the wrist in an unusual way.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you tried benching with a normal grip for a while to see if it goes away?

Might be an injury that is not healing because the muscle is being worked, perhaps get a support for your wrist?

effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    youre asking for injury with that stupid grip. It does nothing for development and only puts high pressure on youre wrists. as you go higher in weight i guarantee your form goes to crap. at this point , your crappy grip is getting to you and things start giving out.

Hope you dont break anything.

devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm assuming by suicide grip you are meaning the same thing as a false grip, thumbs underneath the bar (same direction as your fingers). i do everything this way also and have never had any pain. the guy who posted above me doesn't know what he's talking about. i had to adjust this grip a little bit in the beginning, but i am now comfortable in placing the bar right in the meat of my palms, it feels great to me. it's not done for any type of specific development, for me using a regular grip kills my hands/wrists. btw, how much weight are you using on these presses? i was benching in the 300's and military pressing with 245+ with no issues at all.

snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    From a grip training point of view, and I am not saying this is what is wrong in your case, it's a matter of imbalance between fingers flexors and extensors. Most people have serious imbalance between the two and it manifests itself as an elbow pain. While flexors get plenty of challenge and exercise everyday, extensors rarely do. Training finger extensors ( I did not say wrist extensors, though they should be trained as well ) is of great benefit to hand health. Simple rubber band exercise, extended finger holds, sand bucket work will train finger extensors. Hope this helps.

bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i use to have sucidial grip before but now i use the normal grip and finds its highly effective in lifting heavy.

I think what's doing this are my skullcrushers. I've noticed that the pain intensifies during that exercise.

mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dulaney22 View Post
    I think what's doing this are my skullcrushers. I've noticed that the pain intensifies during that exercise.
    are you using a straight bar, ez curl or tricep?
    I don't lift weights. I lower them.

Originally Posted by mojo18 View Post
    are you using a straight bar, ez curl or tricep?
    ez curl

mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think it's as much an issue of the type of grip but either muscle imbalances in the flexors as brought out earlier, or mechanics. Mabe both. On skull crushers the pronated grip could be the problem if you have a bad valgus, which would be worst with a straight bar and best with a tricep bar. This can also be a problem on a pronated grip curl.

I personally do not have a problem at all on a suicide grip and never have, but anything pronated can make my elbows and wrists hurt if I turn my thumbs to close together.
    I don't lift weights. I lower them.