abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Have Decided...

So I have decided that next year around this time I will be attending my first competition; coming in first. I have only been lifting for a year and half so far, but I will have to admit I have made a nasty amount of gains; mainly just over the past six months. I am not trying to be conceited or vain, I am just informing you, and also enjoying the pleasures from all my hard work, and much more to come.

I will admit that I have been taking Pak for over a year and I love every day with it and hate every day without it. I have been using Cuts over the summer; which is yet another incredible supplement, and MStak for a few cycles. I have also used all the other supplements, blah blah, no xplode, nano vapor; yeah they work, but Animal products are definitely the way to go if you want to make massive improvements on your muscle growth and strength.

I am not here to praise Animal for their amazing products, but to announce to others that I have decided to begin my journey to winning my first competition. I know, I know, but I have to have the right mind set if I am ever going to win; right?

I am not going to focus on all of my facts and such right now, but that I am 19 years old and attend UNCW, around a 6 feet tall, around 170lbs last time I checked which was about 2 months ago, have a minimal amount of body fat (ie I have abs and pretty good vasculartiy), and can Dead 375 Bench 225 and squat 315. Keep in mind I just finished my cutting phase, which began in April and lasted until about the end of August or so.

I will be back for a while, trying to catch up on everything I have been missing out on; I have been training, eating, school, work, sleep, parties, repeat on a fawkin daily basis which sucks, but o well.

Peace,

Abe Froman

PS - Sorry if it is unclear, I didn't really do much proofreading on it. Thanks.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like how not only you announce that youre doing a show, but you've already claimed your placing. he he he. Whatever works for you mentally is fine. I am just going into my first show (tomorrow), and I know without ever even competing that BBing is very subjective. Your place depends alot on what a panel of judges thinks about you......do they favor ripped over big or maybe his aesthetics over yours, etc. Im gonna TRY really hard not to get too wrapped up in placing. TRY.

The other thing is.......take this from a guy who has been training for 14 yrs......the supplements.....dont waste your money. I fell into the same trap at 19 and spent all my money on supplements. There is a place for them. A good multi-vit is important. Animal pak is good. Protein is important. Keep buying the tubs of protein......and maybe some BCAA's. Other than that.....take the vapor halo, no-xplode, some-xplode, super duper whammy bars and throw them in the trash. Seriously, spend THAT money on GOOD food and lots of it. FOOD is king. This is the biggest lesson I have learned over the years. You take your no-explode and ill take a banana, some honey, maybe some PB, and a piece of whole grain toast and get a bigger pump. It tastes better, its healthier and its cheaper.

Other than that, good luck....I hope to see you take that 1st place trophy.
    Last edited by AustrianOakJr; 10-24-2008 at 05:33 AM.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on your decision to compete. I remember the exact moment I decided that I would compete....and had a show targetted. It is a very exciting time. The hard part is that you are doing a show 12 months from now....It's tough when it is such a long ways away. Just make sure you stick to your guns...and do it!!!!

I would suggest, if possible, to hire a prep coach. There are many good ones out there and at reasonable prices.

You are already fairly lean...which is a good thing...and you have a good amount of time to prep and capitalize on some more gains before you start cutting. Your tall and fairly light (for your height)....so a challenge could be making sure you hold onto every last bit of muscle while cutting down (this is where diet is super important).

Either way, best of luck. Stepping on stage is a blast.

Gianni
    "Sell yourself short on nutrition and you're selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development." -Ernie Taylor

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vincent T. Lombardi

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Blahzay128 View Post

I would suggest, if possible, to hire a prep coach. There are many good ones out there and at reasonable prices.

Gianni

We have to stop telling everyone to hire Layne...I don't want to enter a show with 5 of Layne's clients, then I have no advantage...and now Tommy is prepping people too...not good!....kidding ofcourse...lol. Someday we should just have a showdown of Layne's clients....top prize is free prep for life!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    We have to stop telling everyone to hire Layne...I don't want to enter a show with 5 of Layne's clients, then I have no advantage...and now Tommy is prepping people too...not good!....kidding ofcourse...lol. Someday we should just have a showdown of Layne's clients....top prize is free prep for life!
    hahahaha i know what you mean... at my last contest I was getting ready backstage and saw a guy in my junior class who was unbelievably shredded and i got a little psyched out...i went over to talk to him when i saw him following the exact same protocol as me and it turns out he was a Layne client too. Long story short, yes he beat me, but losing to a Layne client was easier to swallow, plus this guy was really chill and worked insanely hard, he earned it.

O and to the topic creator....if your pics are current you look pretty good, you could definitely do well. I'd focus on increasing your chest mass, also i'd have to see pics of your legs/back but your arms look good and you look pretty lean already

Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha...thats definitely true.

I'm more worried that Layne would get overwhelmed w/ clients and not be able to keep up that awesome customer service....But I bet he'd turn away clients before he'd let that happen.

The first show I ever did (pre-Layne) I had a prep coach who had a great reputation.....he had a lot of clients....and it felt that way!!!! Emails would go unanswered....when they did get answered it was a week later.....I'm just glad I found a guy who knows his stuff & has business sense.
    "Sell yourself short on nutrition and you're selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development." -Ernie Taylor

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vincent T. Lombardi

fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'm more worried that Layne would get overwhelmed w/ clients and not be able to keep up that awesome customer service....But I bet he'd turn away clients before he'd let that happen.

The first show I ever did (pre-Layne) I had a prep coach who had a great reputation.....he had a lot of clients....and it felt that way!!!! Emails would go unanswered....when they did get answered it was a week later.....I'm just glad I found a guy who knows his stuff & has business sense.
    We will probably find out someday that Izzy does all the work and just uses Layne's name....how many guys would let thier prep coach be a woman?

Come on Layne you can tell us the truth....
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how many guys would let thier prep coach be a woman?.
    My wife does all my prep and offseason nutrition... Id say she's done good. She also took 4th at the north americans this year so she knows what it takes.

Originally Posted by VenomXL View Post
    My wife does all my prep and offseason nutrition... Id say she's done good. She also took 4th at the north americans this year so she knows what it takes.
    That is awesome....I think anyone who is serious about fitness\bodybuilding has to be involved with someone who also enjoys it....it sucks getting in arguements because you don't want to miss a workout or cheat on a meal.....
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That is awesome....I think anyone who is serious about fitness\bodybuilding has to be involved with someone who also enjoys it....it sucks getting in arguements because you don't want to miss a workout or cheat on a meal.....
    My wife rocks when it comes to this. She is not a fitness girl....I mean, shes not OUT of shape, but she is not an athlete either. Regardless, she totally supports what im doing.....even though it means her being at home with the kids more and eating healthy all the time, etc. The cool thing is that she recently decided to try it out for herself and we got her a membership at the gym. She trains with me two days a week when our schedules line up. She dropped 10 lbs in about a month and a half. She's starting to catch the fire!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    O and to the topic creator....if your pics are current you look pretty good, you could definitely do well. I'd focus on increasing your chest mass, also i'd have to see pics of your legs/back but your arms look good and you look pretty lean already
    That was taken back in June. I have gained a lot of weight since then, but I need to take some more pictures soon. Yeah actually my Legs and especially my Back are the best part of my body. I'm not as shredded as back then, but I am still pretty lean.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    I like how not only you announce that youre doing a show, but you've already claimed your placing. he he he. Whatever works for you mentally is fine. I am just going into my first show (tomorrow), and I know without ever even competing that BBing is very subjective. Your place depends alot on what a panel of judges thinks about you......do they favor ripped over big or maybe his aesthetics over yours, etc. Im gonna TRY really hard not to get too wrapped up in placing. TRY.
    yeah I definitely am not going to be disappointed if I don't come in First, I will just know what to do for the next one so I will win.

and Yeah I actually just started a natural bulk with just Pak, its been goin nice; Im not so trigger happy with my anger and rage.

DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    animal mstack might make you ineligible for some natural competitions

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    hahahaha i know what you mean... at my last contest I was getting ready backstage and saw a guy in my junior class who was unbelievably shredded and i got a little psyched out...i went over to talk to him when i saw him following the exact same protocol as me and it turns out he was a Layne client too. Long story short, yes he beat me, but losing to a Layne client was easier to swallow, plus this guy was really chill and worked insanely hard, he earned it.

well i doubt his protocol was the same as yours

everything is pretty individualized

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

i do turn some away, also pricing adjustments usually reflect demand.

But I think you'd be surprised how many clients I have. I would be willing to bet it is near the amount as your other prep coach. I just love what I do. I get over 100 emails everyday... usually closer to 150, but I answer all of them and come on here and answer questions as well... this is what I love doing. Some guys do this just to make money. Yes money is great, but I love what I do, so it makes it easier to field phone calls at 4 am in the morning on saturdays lol

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Yes money is great, but I love what I do, so it makes it easier to field phone calls at 4 am in the morning on saturdays lol
    That's called success my friend. It's not about money; it's about what you would do if you had the money to spend your time anyway you want.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well i doubt his protocol was the same as yours

everything is pretty individualized
    haha true it wasnt exactly the same, but close enough and the fact that he was completely shredded and was the only other guy (besides me) drinking water tipped me off lol

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    That's called success my friend. It's not about money; it's about what you would do if you had the money to spend your time anyway you want.
    true, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like making money. I do, the fact that I love what I do is a big bonus

Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    true, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like making money. I do, the fact that I love what I do is a big bonus
    It seems to me (an outsider looking in) that you have found a good balance between making money and providing great service/loving what you do. Giving clients value for money, which is the hallmark of a great business/service.
    Stay humble. I will never see myself as even an above average bodybuilder. Regardless of how many shows you win, stay grounded and aim for improvement.

-Brian Whitacre

thanks,
    I want to apologize to the threadstarted, I did not want this to turn into a thread about me. I wish you best of luck in your first show!

Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exa123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    true, good point layne....to the threadstarter best of luck get set for a wild ride!
    Stay humble. I will never see myself as even an above average bodybuilder. Regardless of how many shows you win, stay grounded and aim for improvement.

-Brian Whitacre