LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pea Protein Powder--good alternative to whey, egg, and soy?

Anyone ever try Pea Protein Powder?

How did u like it (taste, digestibility, effectiveness, gas factor, lol)?

Any brands u would recommend?

Thanks!

(Looking for alternatives to whey, soy, and egg)

Location: Im Originally from Finland, @ this moment living in, Ireland
    MissSusie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissSusie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use 90+ Vegan Pea protein power.

Taste is ok, I usually take it with my morning porridge.
    I have huge stomach issues (+ multiple allergies) with most protein powers and this seems to working really good for my tummy. No gas issues, no bloating, nothing bad.

I can not say how effective or good this product is compareing to other products. I do not have enough knowledge.

Im happy with this supplement.
    I rather be hated for who I am then be loved for who Im not

LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilCobra86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MissSusie View Post
    I use 90+ Vegan Pea protein power.

Taste is ok, I usually take it with my morning porridge.
    I have huge stomach issues (+ multiple allergies) with most protein powers and this seems to working really good for my tummy. No gas issues, no bloating, nothing bad.

I can not say how effective or good this product is compareing to other products. I do not have enough knowledge.

Im happy with this supplement.
    I'm SO glad to hear that this product is working well for u! I haven't seen that product where I live (Illinois), but I bought NOW brand today.. hopefully this will work as well for me as ur's does for u!

I have major stomach issues as well, including many food allergies. What are u dealing with?

I'd love to see how u manage ur diet, despite all these food allergies and GI issues. That's my biggest struggle right now. WOuld u mind posting what a typical day looks like for u?

Thanks so much!

Location: Im Originally from Finland, @ this moment living in, Ireland
    MissSusie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissSusie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm living in Ireland and after carefully talk with sales lady in local health shop, she recommended me 90+ Vegan for extra protein.

I dealing with multiple food sensitivities/allergies, which most likely are combined result of my long history with eating disorders. Years I thought that I'm just imaging that really bad feeling in my tummy all the time and I thought Im naturally tired all the time. A bit like non of the feeling I had was real after all. Little while ago I had food sensitivity consultation with my homeopath and she fully convinced me that I'm not imaging things. My body just wont/cant handle several food products: wheat, all yeast, apple, kiwi fruit, lamb meat, peach, peppers, cinnamon, rhubarb, tomato, almonds, dates, squid or sweet potato.

The worst thing of my sensitivities for me is wheat ( and that was really hard for me to accept, since I used to be a real carb monster). I will get bad stomach cramps, gassy feeling, bloatations... when I eat wheat. Or something that have been in contact with wheat.

My "cleaned" diet contains lots of green things, egg whites, milk products and fish or chicken. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan.But I hardly ever eat red meat.

My typical day looks like this after I totally changed my eating habits and cleaned up everything my body wont tolerate (like 3 weeks ago).

*oatmeal porridge with spoonful of honey + a small class of orange juice to start me up
    *green leaves, tuna, boiled egg whites, cucumber and hint of olive oil. I spice this up with salt and pepper.
    *another portion of green leaves, steamed beans, egg whites, chicken breast pieces, cheese and low fat mayo
    *Greek yogurt with strawberries, honey or raisins.

That is my main frame. I snack carrot and few spoons of peanut butter during the day. I drink 2 liters of water and few cups green tea during the day.

I'm a firm believer of Paul Mckenna's eating advices (I'm really into whole hypnotherapy thing). I only eat when I'm truly hungry. And I try to keep 80/20 ratio with my eating, I eat 80% of time good way and have 20% of "bad diet days", with sugar and extra carbs.

I cannot say yet how effective or so my current eating habit are. Im only beginning of my own body transformation process. Sofar Im doing quite well like this; no stomach issues, no tiredness anymore.
    I rather be hated for who I am then be loved for who Im not

mdobney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After cutting out dairy, I was searching for a good alternative and finally found this protein. I use ProPeas after doing the research on this pea protein I found that it was a great alternative to whey,soy, and eggs. It takes a bit to get used to the texture of pea protein, it's not as creamy but it does the job and after a while it taste great too. I love it now and I mix it with my Cocoa LeafGreens and almond milk for an amazing low carb smoothie. I had no problems with bloating or flatulence with this particular pea protein.
    Originally Posted by LilCobra86 View Post
    Anyone ever try Pea Protein Powder?

How did u like it (taste, digestibility, effectiveness, gas factor, lol)?

Any brands u would recommend?

Thanks!

(Looking for alternatives to whey, soy, and egg)

JacksPollard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone know of a low sodium pea protein? Most are pretty high in sodium...

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you must have plant protein powder, I would not suggest Pea Protein only - it does not have full amino profile. There some great plant protein blends out there that contain a mix of pea, rice, hemp protein. This way you get full spectrum profile.
    I use Sunwarrior or Garden of Life blends. They are great - include fibre and probiotics.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've used sun warrior---it tastes ****ing gross.

But then again, most do. Groce, or chemicals. Or a mixture of both.

Get your protein from food
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I actually like the taste of the Sunwarrior natural protein . I now have the chocolate one but that one took me a few shakes to get used to the stevia taste. It has the full amino profile and is a great help when you're vegetarian (or vegan) and struggle to get enough protein out of your food.

coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't drink them as shakes but use in puddings, protein truffles and other recipes. All plant proteins are acquired taste...

Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep I'm with coconuttree2009, I use a mix of hemp, pea and rice proteins as whey just didn't work for me and I try to limit my intake of dairy and meat products. I use the Sunwarrior and Pulsin' brands: sunwarrior for shakes and pulsin' as add-ins in smoothies or in cooking. I've had no problems with them so far, although the taste takes a bit of getting used to!

poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    El hubs can't tolerate most readily available protein powders so he uses pea protein. Umm, it doesn't make him any gassier than usual? LOL
    I've tried it and I'm not a huge fan, but it's okay. I'm with those above- mix it with other plant based proteins and think of what other strong tastes you can use to cover it up! I'm sure you'd get used to it eventually, but in the mean time it's a good excuse for peanut butter.
    Professional rabble rouser.
    Mother.
    Living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Fibro.
    A work in progress, but aren't we all?

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it needs to be mixed with other things to make it palatable, why use it at all?

I am on 1350 cals right now and i can easily get my protein needs met with food. So can vegetarians. Strict vegans have it tougher, but i still don't think I'd supplement on a regular basis.

You need whole, real foods
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pea protein (unflavored) makes a great protein pizza crust. I think proteinpow.com has a version of it. YUM!

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    If it needs to be mixed with other things to make it palatable, why use it at all?

I am on 1350 cals right now and i can easily get my protein needs met with food. So can vegetarians. Strict vegans have it tougher, but i still don't think I'd supplement on a regular basis.

You need whole, real foods
    I do not rely on protein powders but it is convenient, especially when travelling and especially when 95% of my diet is organic. Finding organic good quality food on the go and whilst travelling is not always easy.

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For those of you ITT who are avoiding whey powders due to GI issues, I'd try a pure isolate if you haven't already. It will taste far, far better.