Hamptongrad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Improve Sit & Reach

Does anyone have any advice to improve the "sit and reach" flexibility exam? I can barely reach my shins and I consider myself to be in decent shape. I've been stretching my hamstrings and lower back alot, however my progress has been slow. I'm trying to pass a fitness exam, but I can't seem to pass this one. I didn't realize how tight I really am. My flexibility really sucks!

I have to be able to sit and reach while keeping my knees straight 2 inches past my toes. Right now, it seems impossible.

TNet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may want to try some good mornings which will open up your hamstrings and some box squats which will work on your hips. Also, try some PNF stretching techniques that will aggressively stretch you out. Increasing flexibility will take some time, however the more you work on it the better you will get.

Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try negative Romanian Deadlifts. They really stretch your hamstrings. It has helped for me.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude

<<<<MFF Family Member>>>>

Footballfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always had problems with that test. I guess my hamstrings are tied up in knots which are difficult to stretch out. However, you can do some partner stretches that seem to help. Especially the one where you lie ony your back and your partner stretches your leg back as far as possible.

InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I couldn't even come close to my feet on that test until I started doing stretches everyday. It takes a lot of time for big gains but i'm going way past my feet now. Took a few years for that to happen though. Keep at it and it will improve eventually.

Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    'Sit & Reach' is a hamstring stretching exercise. In order to improve your hamstring flexibility, you must do more stretches for the hamstrings.

View this page and look at the right side for stretches: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/Thi...#anchor1942303

ednoror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Sit and Reach to improve your FlexiScore

There are lots of good tips at FlexiScore.com on how to measure, track and improve your Sit and Reach results.

Ed

Jkohlsie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best way to achieve effective results ( good results in least time) is to do PNF Stretching or Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitated Stretching. Im training someone right now for a police exam and they are doing the sit and reach test. Ive developed a program for him to do alone that includes hip/glute stretch, ham stretch, butterfly/innerthigh stretching, several calve stretches, hip flexor stretches, swan pose from yoga and spine twists. When we work together we do PNF stretching for hams, glutes, low back, back, lats, and shoulders. youtube PNF routines or shoot me a message for more details

harris1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently doing the same training for a police exam, is it possible for you train me as well, please message me back i'm from Ontario and I have about 7 month until the next police intake at police college. Let me know.