Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No weight loss after 4 weeks of dieting???

I have been dieting for about 4 weeks now without any weight loss. I have been on a CHA diet and have been doing cardio 4 times a week after lifting (40 min jog). Not sure why I haven't lost any weight. Should I just remain patient and stick to the diet gradually decreasing calories. Here is what my diet looks like.

Meal 1:
    1 cup egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    1 cup of green beans
    1/2 cup blue berries

Meal 2:
    Scoop of whey
    18 almonds
    1/2 cup of blue berries

Meal 3:
    6 oz chicken
    1 cup green beans
    18 almonds

Meal 4:
    6 oz chicken
    1 cup green beans
    18 almonds

Meal 5:
    Scoop of whey
    1 cup green beans
    1 almonds

Meal 6:
    6 oz chicken
    2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    10 almonds

My weight fluctuates anywhere from 185-190 lbs. Trying to get to 165 (about 9% bf) before I clean bulk back up to 195. My diet is strict during the week and on the weekends I just try and eat chicken, veggies, and almonds all day. Been doing this for about 4 weeks with practically no weight or BF loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

Raptor2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raptor2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raptor2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like way too many Almonds. Too much unnecessary fat.

What are you doing in the gym?
    Cutting -

Controlled Lab's REDuction
    Controlled Lab's Orange Triad
    Controlled Lab's Green Magnitude
    NOW's EGCg Green Tea Extract
    NOW's Cayenne
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey

jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also too many carbs from the almonds.

I thought CHA diet was carbless? Didn't read the information on it but saw it around the forum.

Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Raptor2k View Post
    Looks like way too many Almonds. Too much unnecessary fat.

What are you doing in the gym?
    Iv'e always used EFA's with good success. I need all those fats to get into Ketosis and burn fat as fuel instead of carbs.

Mon.
    chest
    cardio

Tues:
    Legs

Wed:
    Back
    cardio

Thur:
    Bi's & tri's
    cardio

Fri:
    Off

Sat:
    Shoulder & traps
    cardio

Sun:
    Off
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

es72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) es72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) es72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    carbs from almonds is minimal...like 5 grams for every ounce of almonds. I'm not familiar with how that would affect the keto diet tho.

Have you added up what the calories would be for the day?
    Last edited by es72; 10-21-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Originally Posted by es72 View Post
    carbs from almonds is minimal...like 5 grams for every ounce of almonds. I'm not familiar with the keto diet tho.

Have you added up the the what the calories would be for the day?
    Yup. And they are a great source of EFA's. I don't always eat almonds though. I change it up and eat natty PB or alvocados as well. Calories are probably around 2200 a day give or take. Could be wrong though.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

kamikenze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kamikenze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Probably its best to measure your progress by body fat instead of how much you weigh. It is possible that you are gaining muscle.

Originally Posted by kamikenze View Post
    Probably its best to measure your progress by body fat instead of how much you weigh. It is possible that you are gaining muscle.
    Could be. I weigh myself 1 a week maybe. I mean I do feel a bit better but its a little frustrating knowing that your not losing any weight. I could be losing BF though.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PullAndBear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    seems like your cals might be too high. dont forget to factor in things like the oil used for cooking the chicken, breading the chicken, etc. calculate the macros and total cals and post em.
    === 3000+ will rep back ===

***A State of Trance Crew***

Raptor2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raptor2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raptor2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, 2200 seems a little much for a serious cut. What's your basal? That would help.
    Cutting -

Controlled Lab's REDuction
    Controlled Lab's Orange Triad
    Controlled Lab's Green Magnitude
    NOW's EGCg Green Tea Extract
    NOW's Cayenne
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So what did your nutritionist and trainer tell you about your caloric intake and program after you got tested? Oh wait, you didn't get tested?

HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cals are too high... tweak down to about 1800 on non work out days and adjust accordingly on workout days or workout longer or whatever. Your caloric deficit at 185-190 and 2200 is probably not enough for you to lose weight.

Although this is a keto diet... maybe keto's not for you. At least you kept consistent for the entire time, so the great benefit is that you can tweak little bits of your program and you'll be able to pinpoint what helps and what doesn't.

blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your problem is that your weighing yourself
    if your doing a scivation diet (which it seems like you are) you are probably staying the same weight and losing fat , no changes in the mirror at all?
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man

Steroids- a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated

Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SocratesTX View Post
    So what did your nutritionist and trainer tell you about your caloric intake and program after you got tested? Oh wait, you didn't get tested?
    Who care's? What would be the point of having the forums at all, should we all go to trainers and nutritionists instead of asking legitimate questions here?

I agree with last 2 posts. Down cals to 1800 or less and see what happens. I lost about 8 lbs over the summer but during the first part lost NO weight because i was gaining a little muscle due to not lifting in ages. It was depressing cuz i weighed myself like every day. IMO weighing yourself a lot is a bad habit (over a month clean lol). Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, Im thinking I should just decreas cals. and increase cardio.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Primol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would change it up. Keto isnt working for you anymore. Time to try a 40/40/20 type diet. The body responds to change!

KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Irezumi View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, Im thinking I should just decreas cals. and increase cardio.
    Yes, you are correct.