Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lean_ross has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Mass Percentage?

Has anyone ever used the bodyfat monitors or scales that also display what your muscle mass percentage is? Could someone tell me what sort of percentage is normal for someone who works out?

Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000) Bone32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends a lot on your height... But average bodyfat I would say is probably 12 - 14%
    t(-_-t)

Rep back 1k+

JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMehr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there's no definite way to figure that out....you have to know your bones' weight, water weight, fat weight, organs.....muscle mass is probably a very small percentage of most people.

csjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) csjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) csjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) csjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i never worry about the scale, I just look in the mirror and see if there is any fat.

thanks for the replies guys, but I'm asking for muscle mass percentages. On the scale you have to input your height, gender and age and then it gives you your weight, bodyfat percentage, water percentage and muscle mass percentage.

I got 12% bodyfat, and 46% muscle mass. It says that the average man has between 40% and 50% muscle mass. I just wondered if any of you other guys had used such a scale and what muscle mass percentages you got???

geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500) geekypunk is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by lean_ross View Post
    thanks for the replies guys, but I'm asking for muscle mass percentages. On the scale you have to input your height, gender and age and then it gives you your weight, bodyfat percentage, water percentage and muscle mass percentage.

I got 12% bodyfat, and 46% muscle mass. It says that the average man has between 40% and 50% muscle mass. I just wondered if any of you other guys had used such a scale and what muscle mass percentages you got???
    My gym has it. You take off your socks, sends a pulse through your body. Then it tells your your water %, BF and muscle mass.

Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by geekypunk View Post
    My gym has it. You take off your socks, sends a pulse through your body. Then it tells your your water %, BF and muscle mass.
    They sell something like that in handheld form at GNC. I have no idea how accurate it is, but It's only around 40$ as I recall.
    Mass FX
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110348651

so who has measured their muscle mass percentages? what did you get?

jamie156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Mass

Yeah I got some scales recently too and just started running and using weights and resistance equipment - my initial muscle mass has come out at 45% and body fat at 8.6%, after a week of running and gym - its has now changed to 45.2% muscle mass and 7.7% body fat.

mrh1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Morons

Are you all complete idiots?

First everyone responds to any issue other than the actual question. Then, everyone gives completely wrong information.

Bio-impedence will give you a fat %. It can also give you a water %. It does not give muscle %. Unless you are a MASSIVE bodybuilder with little body fat, you will not approach 45% muscle. NOT even close. I know you all think you're huge, but get real.

The average athletic person will be about 60 to 70% water. The more muscle you have, the greater your water % (muscle retains water). Assuming 70% water, if you are 10% body fat, that leaves about 20% for OTHER- about 40 lbs on a 200 lb person.

But, listen up knuckleheads- that doesn't mean the remaining 20% is MUSCLE. All lean tissue makes up that 20%- liver, kidneys, brain (maybe not so much in this group), skin (heavy). Plus, you carry about 10 to 20 pound of feces in your colon at any time- otherwise know as crap- which you clowns are full of. You would be very lucky to be 10% muscle, which on a 200 pound person would be 20 pounds of muscle.

45% muscle? Get real, unless you are a steroidal, no neck body builder. For those who take offense to my tone- you should. Read a book. Start with Harry Potter.

It would be nice to know the answer to the original question, but it's a tough one.

.Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jamie156 View Post
    Yeah I got some scales recently too and just started running and using weights and resistance equipment - my initial muscle mass has come out at 45% and body fat at 8.6%, after a week of running and gym - its has now changed to 45.2% muscle mass and 7.7% body fat.
    Originally Posted by mrh1111 View Post

First everyone responds to any issue other than the actual question. Then, everyone gives completely wrong information.

Bio-impedence will give you a fat %. It can also give you a water %. It does not give muscle %. Unless you are a MASSIVE bodybuilder with little body fat, you will not approach 45% muscle. NOT even close. I know you all think you're huge, but get real.

The average athletic person will be about 60 to 70% water. The more muscle you have, the greater your water % (muscle retains water). Assuming 70% water, if you are 10% body fat, that leaves about 20% for OTHER- about 40 lbs on a 200 lb person.

But, listen up knuckleheads- that doesn't mean the remaining 20% is MUSCLE. All lean tissue makes up that 20%- liver, kidneys, brain (maybe not so much in this group), skin (heavy). Plus, you carry about 10 to 20 pound of feces in your colon at any time- otherwise know as crap- which you clowns are full of. You would be very lucky to be 10% muscle, which on a 200 pound person would be 20 pounds of muscle.

45% muscle? Get real, unless you are a steroidal, no neck body builder. For those who take offense to my tone- you should. Read a book. Start with Harry Potter.

It would be nice to know the answer to the original question, but it's a tough one.
    Strong bumps

Also strong view to replies itt
    "Every great achievement was once considered impossible."

-----Best lifts-----
    Squat: 395x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Deadlift: 430x6
    ------------------

5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125248671

Reps for posting

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why would you even want to know muscle mass percentage? The only percentage that matters is BF.

theachia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wow!

Wow MR1111! If you are going to answer a question, start by getting your head out of your butt! Not everyone is a genius like you obviously think you are. Before you get cocky, I think you need to double check your information.

Males are made up of about 42% skeletal muscles and females 36%. That means a 200 male is made up of about 84 pounds of muscle. This is just your average Joe...not a body builder. The body needs muscles to move, this includes the 64 in your head alone!

scottgriffis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Assuming 70% water, if you are 10% body fat, that leaves about 20% for OTHER- about 40 lbs on a 200 lb person.

You may want to remember that muscle and fat contains water.
    President: http://www.cubecheck.com

MuscleKatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Love Stupid People Who Think They Are Smart

Ok let me start by saying the only intelligent thing you said was to read Harry Potter...enough said. Just because you are 70% water and 10% fat it does not mean that there is only 20% left for muscle (an intelligent person would think this) water and muscle are directly related, muscles have water in them so yes you can have 70% water and 45% muscle. If you have ever read a book yourself MRH1111 you would understand how the human body works and what realistic number percentages are. I myself am 51.5% muscle, I checked on my BIA scale about 20 seconds after I read your ridiculous comment. No i am not a "clown" and I'm not "steroidal". I was always told that people get smarter with age, obviously for being 57 this statement can't be true about everyone. Oh and P.S. Bio-Impedance can give you muscle % if you have a good enough one.

SanSooTiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Muscle Mass

Ok guys, let's not lose our heads here. This is a forum where anybody can discuss questions they have on their mind. It's supposed to be beneficial site, not a hostile environment. Let's no defeat the purpose of this. That being said, I "think" I might have stumbled on an answer, but I'm not sure. I too have the same question about muscle mass percentage. I also have an electronic scale that measures body fat, H20 (water), bone mass (density), BMI and of course over all weight. I created a log/chart where I can chart my progress. I am overweight, but I am also pretty muscular - I've always been. I'm just older now and gotten fluffy - but its high-time I get back on track - I'm just sick of myself. Anyway, so my weight is 228lbs; 35.1% fat; 47.3% H2O;7.2lbs Bone density and 32.6 BMI. So, I did the math and it translates: 80lbs fat; 107.84lbs water; 7.2lbs bone. This leaves me with 32.94lbs of whatever is left including muscle. That's only 14%!!! My fat is more than twice my muscle content!! I'm really blown away by this. So, I can only conclude that unless that scale is a piece of crap, my muscle content in percentage form is very, very small. That is why I had to find out what the average muscle mass index was so I can gauge approximately, if these findings have any real value. Plus, I also know that muscle is very dense. So I think you guys actually have good information, but its incomplete, which creates opposition. I sure, my info is also incomplete, and I hope someone else has been able to do a little more personal research on the subject to make the picture more complete. This is how the forum should work, guys. Let's get along and help each other out. Thanks.. The Tiger..
    Last edited by SanSooTiger; 07-31-2011 at 02:41 PM.

LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Work on your math skills...

Originally Posted by SanSooTiger View Post
    Ok guys, let's not lose our heads here. This is a forum where anybody can discuss questions they have on their mind. It's supposed to be beneficial site, not a hostile environment. Let's no defeat the purpose of this. That being said, I "think" I might have stumbled on an answer, but I'm not sure. I too have the same question about muscle mass percentage. I also have an electronic scale that measures body fat, H20 (water), bone mass (density), BMI and of course over all weight. I created a log/chart where I can chart my progress. I am overweight, but I am also pretty muscular - I've always been. I'm just older now and gotten fluffy - but its high-time I get back on track - I'm just sick of myself. Anyway, so my weight is 228lbs; 35.1% fat; 47.3% H2O;7.2lbs Bone density and 32.6 BMI. So, I did the math and it translates: 80lbs fat; 107.84lbs water; 7.2lbs bone. This leaves me with 32.94lbs of whatever is left including muscle. That's only 14%!!! My fat is more than twice my muscle content!! I'm really blown away by this. So, I can only conclude that unless that scale is a piece of crap, my muscle content in percentage form is very, very small. That is why I had to find out what the average muscle mass index was so I can gauge approximately, if these findings have any real value. Plus, I also know that muscle is very dense. So I think you guys actually have good information, but its incomplete, which creates opposition. I sure, my info is also incomplete, and I hope someone else has been able to do a little more personal research on the subject to make the picture more complete. This is how the forum should work, guys. Let's get along and help each other out. Thanks.. The Tiger..
    Hey Tiger, just to give you a heads up. You made the same mistake as that one mr1hhh3lldkjf guy...whatever his name was. Water percentage is also included in the muscle percentage (not sure how much as fat also is made up some water). In any case, that 14% muscle mass percentage is not a correct conclusion of your calculations. Do a little more research, I'm not sure if you have enough info to figure out your muscle percentage, but what the heck do I know...I don't really care to the research so ... good luck

TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

broscience at its best...

cmitin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is an interesting thread and it is interesting because I am looking at this in terms of my own scale.

1) FAT and Muscle - both contain water (so the percentages are not going to add up to 100 - also bone density is usually given as lBS not %)
    2) Water % measures level of hydration.
    3) Measuring muscle mass is VERY important if you are also looking at Catabolization -

As for what normal is- that is what broght me to the question here.

Registered User FreeFitnessGuru's Avatar
    FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000)

M.o.r.a.n

DING DING

I just got my bio impedence tested today

age 43

weight 100 kg

height 180 cm

Muscle mass 75 kg = 75 %

Body Fat Mass 20 Kg = 20%

water = 60% of me bod

Its so easy when you weigh 100kg

... SO YOU ARE "W.R.O.N.G" dude ---> W R O N G

you done said the wrong

If an average man is 50% a bodybuilder certainly can expect to be anything up to 80% - maybe more for super muscle men

Um but what about dem bonez ??? my test didnt cover dat

maybe u izz rite
    Last edited by FreeFitnessGuru; 06-05-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    Gareth Thomas
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I've Been a Weight Lifter Since 1984

solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) solarmist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post That means some one that's 5'9" 190 lbs will have from 40.008 - 60.591kg muscle mass

TL;DR ================================================== =============================================
    That means some one that's 5'9" 190 lbs will have from
    34.026 - 54.609 kg (74.829 - 120.112 lbs) of muscle mass (39.384% - 63.217% muscle mass) [These have been corrected]

Mistake in my calculations had the brain at 360g not 1360. Add 1 kg or 2.2 lbs to the organ mass and subtract that amount from muscle mass

Forgot about blood. At around 4.7 liters at 1060 kg/liter (or m^3)

So about 4.982 kg or 10.988 lbs. You can adjust below from there.
    ================================================== =================================================

Originally Posted by FreeFitnessGuru View Post
    DING DING
    weight 100 kg
    height 180 cm
    Muscle mass 75 kg = 75 %
    Body Fat Mass 20 Kg = 20%
    water = 60% of me bod

Um but what about dem bonez ??? my test didnt cover dat
    maybe u izz rite
    I've found the following weights of organs for someone my height (175cm) and/or age (31) (as best I can determine, otherwise I've chosen the average weight of the organ).

All are assumed to be wet mass (ie with water)
    Brain 1360g
    Lungs 1176g
    Liver 1637g
    Spleen 150g
    Pancreas 143g
    Kidneys 321g
    Thyroid 25g
    Prostate 20g
    Suprarenal (What is this?) 19.66g
    Testies 59g
    Stomach 162g
    Intestines ???

Before skeleton 4.073 kg (8.979 lbs) of organ mass. Since I'm missing some of the smaller organs and the intestines let's make a guess of about another 1 kg (probably a gross over estimate, but should catch the high end of the range)

Skeleton (9kg - 18.5kg) this is around 17.58% of body weight (I assume this percent is based on age/height/weight averages, so something like 5'9"/154 lbs for a male would be 12.252 kg)

Meaning my organs would be approximately 16.325 kg (35.99 lbs)

This is a less than complete list.

Skin, Muscle and Fat are the organs I expect to vary significantly from person to person (inside an age/gender/height group).
    Skin (3.6kg/2m^2) 0.007184*W(in kg)^0.425* H(in cm)^0.725 = 2.0189 m^2 = 3634 g (8.011 lbs)

GI Tract weight
    "The mean 24 hour stool weight was 407.66 ± 133.27g ... in men"
    "The mean body weight of the subjects was found to be 63.4 kg"
    "On the whole, the mean stool weight of the specimens was 349±131 g with a median of 320 g"
    "stool weight increased by 42.4 g for every 10 kg increase in body weight"
    This along with this
    "The mean transit time using carmine and activated charcoal was 12.46 ± 4.58 hours"
    Make me believe we carry much less in our GI tracts than most people would assume. (Thinking about it why would your body waste all the extra energy carrying around lots of stool/undigested food. It'd want to get what it can from it and get rid of it as soon as possible)

That would put me at 445.6g (.982 lbs) of stool at any given time.

This was interesting too
    "It seems that the reason for the strong correlation between stool weight and use of bread (and not with other food substances)"

I will assume standard fat calculations (hydrostatic) are actually approximately correct.

So for a 190lb male I have approximately
    20.404kg (44.983 lbs) of non-muscle lean mass (yes, stool counts for the most part as it is heavier than water)
    Given that I'm sure I'm missing organs let's go all the way up to 21.404 kg (47.188 lbs)

that leaves fat and muscle to battle it out for the remaining
    145.017 - 142.8 lbs.

Body fat:
    30% 25.9 kg (57 lbs)
    25% 21.591 kg (47.5 lbs)
    20% 17.273 kg (38 lbs)
    15% 12.955 kg (28.5 lbs)
    10% 8.637 kg (19 lbs)
    05% 4.318 kg (9.5 lbs)

================================================== =================================================
    That means some one that's 5'9" 190 lbs will have from
    40.008 - 60.591 kg (88.017 - 133.3 lbs) of muscle mass (46.3% - 70.158% muscle mass)

References
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_the_colon_hold (This seems quite feasible, but I've been unable to find a better source)
    http://www.ams.ac.ir/aim/0034/asl0034.html (Better source on stool weight)
    http://science.nationalgeographic.co.../skin-article/
    http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/IgorFridman.shtml
    http://www.einfopedia.com/human-body...-formation.php
    http://www.scribd.com/ah0507/d/57874...-Organ-Weights
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...alt04i3p97.pdf
    http://www.jstor.org/stable/108735?seq=9
    http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...al+maintenance (skeletal weight % based on google cache highlight of % for article)
    Last edited by solarmist; 06-09-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Mistake

1ChestBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Id rlly care i jst like to lift!

Ftw

CFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lean_ross View Post
    Has anyone ever used the bodyfat monitors or scales that also display what your muscle mass percentage is? Could someone tell me what sort of percentage is normal for someone who works out?
    I just bought a scale today to start tracking and although I couldn't find averages, here are my numbers according to the scale:

(in pounds)
    Age 26
    Height 6'0
    weight 164.0
    muscle % 45.2
    Bodyfat 11.2 %
    Bone weight 9.5
    Water 64.6 %

Hope that helps

powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    IF YOU HAVE TO INPUT ANY NUMBERS INTO A MACHINE THEN ITS NOT MEASURING ANYTHING-ITS JUST REFERENCING A TABLE

The maths involved in these things is ridiculous-whats your height? WTF has that got to do with anything if you dont input width and depth-2 guys same height but one is 6in wider accross the shoulders and his rib cage is 8in deeper-they still have to weigh the same or the difference is fat -er what? Even if you did input all the 3D measurements these toys could only calculate your body volume not what is fat or muscle.
    THE ONLY SCIENTIFIC WAY TO DETERMINE BODY FAT/MUSCLE PERCENTAGES IS TO DO A TOTAL BODY DISSECTION AND WEIGH ALL THE BITS.
    Water is a massive component of muscle and a muscle is at its most efficient when fully hydrated so you will have more total muscle when you are smooth rather that dehydrater and cut.
    In terms of practicallity- get your middle how you want it and keep your belt on the same notch-the only problem with this is that assuming you start from an ideal sustainable bodyfat level then you will never be able to gain strength in your core as this will widen the muscles in the abs,erectors and obliques which will make you wider. If you start with a flabby middle (almost everyone) it will be impossible to keep an accurate log of fat loss vs muscle gain.
    As a side note 6 packs dont mean ****-most people who think they have a good middle are simply skinny if you have good ab muscles and the low fat to go with it (Hardly anyone) you should be able to place a ruler an inch plus into the gaps between ab muscles.

Ello34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes both fat and muscle have water but the current measures density and these components have different density from fat to water and bone

dredgefarmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

My opinion : this measuring tools use ml amps current streams , so to measure al this different density's it gets for each part like fat /water/muscle/bones...ect unique currents back so you get body fat rated on 100% but also you water % is rated on 100% and the rest of the data on 100% sepretly .

For example you can have :

-bf=20%
    -water =60%
    -muscle mass=45 %
    -bones=38%

I just mean you can't count them up they are calculated seperetly so you must look at them seperate each on 100%... theoretical everything could be 99 or 1 .

BTW body fat is also calculated in a swimmingpool in weight belts connected to loadcells calibratoin between 2 points they weigh your dry weight and the in the water , the 1st minus the 2nd is your bodyfat is kg ... mith some simple math each idiot would manage to put it in %

i just mean you can not count everything up its calculated each sepretly on 100%

TheRealSpydy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

heyhey

It really doesn't matter who is right about the percentages. As long as you are using the same scale to track your own progress in eliminating fat and gaining muscle, then you have a control.
    If you want answers on body composition and makeup of anatomy and what everything in your body weighs, google.com knows everything. Peace out girlscouts! xD

anoniemblijven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I saw some at some site, but I forgot the link...

JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100)
    This is hands down, the greatest bro-science thread ever so I'm beating that dead horse.

40-50% muscle mass?!?
    That's absolute nonsense spread by the web.
    I'm an electronic engineering student and know a lot more about the technology used to determine body mass indexing and how it's really not accurate at all, just a much better number to work with regarding body fat as opposed to using a scale to measure progress.
    It's measuring resistance and estimating how much fat, muscle and bone you have based on?
    EMPIRICAL DATA TAKEN FROM BODIES DONATED TO SCIENCE.

People who have been stripped down 1 layer at a time by lab geeks measuring everything from nerves to total vascular system length and so on then, the data is either published under an accredited college or sold to a massive, accredited resource bank or some other organization of that nature relating to the medical science industry be it commerce or education.
    They then have numerical data relating to how much impedance and conductivity you can expect from various tissues and, what the means/averages were on the cadavers used in research to supply that data.

Each device may be doing something different but most will just be measuring DC resistance and time scaled measuring drop off due to the diamagnetic response of mass or, hitting you with a ping frequency and measuring voltage drop across your body then make a calculation based on again, the empirical data produced from cadavers.
    Most will just be measuring DC resistance and nothing more.
    In the end, even if the unit is a bit more sophisticated it's all just crunching numbers based on some simple electrical readings and the empirical data from cadaver research.

Just looking at the biometrics from the knee to the tips of your toes, the end product of total muscle is about 20-30% of the mass when you put it into the contracted state.
    People are misinterpreting what the claimed experts are saying.
    They are saying MASS.
    NOT WEIGHT.
    MASS as in physical space.
    VOLUME.
    If you think your body is on average, 40 to 50% muscle, I have some bridges in Arizona for sale at a great price!

To actually measure muscle mass with an electrical device not only is the required numerical data relating to a certain person's body impossible to obtain but it's going to be based on putting the muscle into resonance and measuring how much power is damped.
    It's just such a ridiculous claim of these companies and the methodology to actually pull it off scientifically is vast.
    There's probably 10 different ways to do it all of which are absurdly complicated and approximate even if reliably approximate. I am REALLY engrossed in science since EE is one of the most challenging degrees that exists putting you through chemistry, all levels of math, quantum physics and more.

Most of what people think is science isn't science at all.
    It's highly political information produced by a study that is inferring what is far from proven.
    "The data produced by the experiment implies that...." and if I had a dollar for every time I read that when I dig through scientific reports.
    It takes a fair amount of formal education in an accredited institute to know the good from the bad.
    Worst of all at least half of the experimental studies are financed by grants and the granters are seeking results favorable to their industry.

If you were 90lbs of muscle on a 6 foot, 180lb frame, you would look pretty much grotesque!
    You would be eating all the time and struggle to keep single digit body fat.
    While it's not accurate, break it down to sectioned off portions of body mass.

Fingertip to elbow 50% muscle??
    Toe tip to knee 50% muscle??
    Even knee cap to top crest of the butt cheek 50% muscle?
    Some portions will be close or maybe even accurate but generally speaking, the tremendous drop offs of other portions in contrast to those in the 40 to maybe 50 percentile are dropping you back down to 20%.

Maybe THE biggest guys are 35 to 40% by weight but all of you who think you're 40 or even 50?
    I wish you luck as a member of the 99%!
    There's just so much wrong with the average DIY genius today I rarely participate in communities where people think 10% of the picture has given them enough increased thinking capacity, new mental skills and the ability to apply them with unity, accurately to guess about the other 90%.

The crap I read from about 200 million DIY people regarding electron theory and all their amazing gadget repairs or builds or modifications or installs SMH....S...M...H!!
    Last edited by JonnyDarko; 08-01-2014 at 01:27 AM.

JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPWheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JonnyDarko View Post
    This is hands down, the greatest bro-science thread ever so I'm beating that dead horse.

40-50% muscle mass?!?
    That's absolute nonsense spread by the web.
    I'm an electronic engineering student and know a lot more about the technology used to determine body mass indexing and how it's really not accurate at all, just a much better number to work with regarding body fat as opposed to using a scale to measure progress.
    It's measuring resistance and estimating how much fat, muscle and bone you have based on?
    EMPIRICAL DATA TAKEN FROM BODIES DONATED TO SCIENCE.

People who have been stripped down 1 layer at a time by lab geeks measuring everything from nerves to total vascular system length and so on then, the data is either published under an accredited college or sold to a massive, accredited resource bank or some other organization of that nature relating to the medical science industry be it commerce or education.
    They then have numerical data relating to how much impedance and conductivity you can expect from various tissues and, what the means/averages were on the cadavers used in research to supply that data.

Each device may be doing something different but most will just be measuring DC resistance and time scaled measuring drop off due to the diamagnetic response of mass or, hitting you with a ping frequency and measuring voltage drop across your body then make a calculation based on again, the empirical data produced from cadavers.
    Most will just be measuring DC resistance and nothing more.
    In the end, even if the unit is a bit more sophisticated it's all just crunching numbers based on some simple electrical readings and the empirical data from cadaver research.

Just looking at the biometrics from the knee to the tips of your toes, the end product of total muscle is about 20-30% of the mass when you put it into the contracted state.
    People are misinterpreting what the claimed experts are saying.
    They are saying MASS.
    NOT WEIGHT.
    MASS as in physical space.
    VOLUME.
    If you think your body is on average, 40 to 50% muscle, I have some bridges in Arizona for sale at a great price!

To actually measure muscle mass with an electrical device not only is the required numerical data relating to a certain person's body impossible to obtain but it's going to be based on putting the muscle into resonance and measuring how much power is damped.
    It's just such a ridiculous claim of these companies and the methodology to actually pull it off scientifically is vast.
    There's probably 10 different ways to do it all of which are absurdly complicated and approximate even if reliably approximate. I am REALLY engrossed in science since EE is one of the most challenging degrees that exists putting you through chemistry, all levels of math, quantum physics and more.

Most of what people think is science isn't science at all.
    It's highly political information produced by a study that is inferring what is far from proven.
    "The data produced by the experiment implies that...." and if I had a dollar for every time I read that when I dig through scientific reports.
    It takes a fair amount of formal education in an accredited institute to know the good from the bad.
    Worst of all at least half of the experimental studies are financed by grants and the granters are seeking results favorable to their industry.

If you were 90lbs of muscle on a 6 foot, 180lb frame, you would look pretty much grotesque!
    You would be eating all the time and struggle to keep single digit body fat.
    While it's not accurate, break it down to sectioned off portions of body mass.

Fingertip to elbow 50% muscle??
    Toe tip to knee 50% muscle??
    Even knee cap to top crest of the butt cheek 50% muscle?
    Some portions will be close or maybe even accurate but generally speaking, the tremendous drop offs of other portions in contrast to those in the 40 to maybe 50 percentile are dropping you back down to 20%.

Maybe THE biggest guys are 35 to 40% by weight but all of you who think you're 40 or even 50?
    I wish you luck as a member of the 99%!
    There's just so much wrong with the average DIY genius today I rarely participate in communities where people think 10% of the picture has given them enough increased thinking capacity, new mental skills and the ability to apply them with unity, accurately to guess about the other 90%.

The crap I read from about 200 million DIY people regarding electron theory and all their amazing gadget repairs or builds or modifications or installs SMH....S...M...H!!
    Rep's because I enjoy learning new stuff and what you said sounded like pure knowledge cheers ahah
    Squat - 80kg

bench 60kg

deadlift unknown