Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L7ave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12lb bf
    64%water
    67% muscle
    Bmi 21.8
    Last edited by L7ave; 09-20-2014 at 11:02 PM.

minagirl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just took an in depth body composition test using a hospital machine which is extremely accurate. I am at17.7% body fat and 66.4% muscle mass. I am in good shape, I woke out hard, run , and do low carb. BTW, I am a 40 year old female. If you are really working out and eating right those numbers don't sound accurate.

Petros62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Hmm....

Originally Posted by MuscleKatz View Post
    Ok let me start by saying the only intelligent thing you said was to read Harry Potter...enough said. Just because you are 70% water and 10% fat it does not mean that there is only 20% left for muscle (an intelligent person would think this) water and muscle are directly related, muscles have water in them so yes you can have 70% water and 45% muscle. If you have ever read a book yourself MRH1111 you would understand how the human body works and what realistic number percentages are. I myself am 51.5% muscle, I checked on my BIA scale about 20 seconds after I read your ridiculous comment. No i am not a "clown" and I'm not "steroidal". I was always told that people get smarter with age, obviously for being 57 this statement can't be true about everyone. Oh and P.S. Bio-Impedance can give you muscle % if you have a good enough one.
    The Sad part for me is the fact that my scale says I have 24% BF 27% BMI and a measly 33.3% muscle, damn, also 59% water
    nothing even close to your numbers

Byrdmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read for men average is between 38-54

powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Not much in the way of percentages for bone and organs in these calculations, eg the liver is not a muscle but it must weigh something also the dissolved solids in blood its not all water.

navuho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys, if you refer to "skeletal muscles" this means arms/legs etc not your organs muscles or combined from the both. For the normal skeletal muscles and i assume you are chasing exactly this number aka your biceps , here is the official chart from Omron (unable to post it, not enough posts to add links or images lol. Just google image search "Skeletal Muscle Chart" the first image result from zocenter is the Omron muscle chart.

Normal ranges - 33.3% - 39.1%
    High zone - 39.4% - 44%
    Very High - > 44.1%

I turned out to be 29% This is measured by Omron device, normal bio impedance include organs muscles then my number is 37.9% but this is both organ and skeletal muscles.
    Last edited by navuho; 01-15-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kerin15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you Muscle Katz it is glorious to shut down someone so cocky. I am a female and Im at 41% Skeletal Muscle Mass. funny

Originally Posted by MuscleKatz View Post
    Ok let me start by saying the only intelligent thing you said was to read Harry Potter...enough said. Just because you are 70% water and 10% fat it does not mean that there is only 20% left for muscle (an intelligent person would think this) water and muscle are directly related, muscles have water in them so yes you can have 70% water and 45% muscle. If you have ever read a book yourself MRH1111 you would understand how the human body works and what realistic number percentages are. I myself am 51.5% muscle, I checked on my BIA scale about 20 seconds after I read your ridiculous comment. No i am not a "clown" and I'm not "steroidal". I was always told that people get smarter with age, obviously for being 57 this statement can't be true about everyone. Oh and P.S. Bio-Impedance can give you muscle % if you have a good enough one.

Ryankohlmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lean_ross View Post
    so who has measured their muscle mass percentages? what did you get?
    My body fat percentage is 8.6%
    Muscle:52.1%
    And I weight 163 at 6foot 1

maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I did a measurement today, which was offered by one of the gym helpers, who is sort of a friend haha.

I did eat before I went to the gym as I did not expect that offer to be given and I already did about 25 minutes of work in my 80 minute workout, but I got this:

Weight: 70.7kg
    Bodyfat: 19.9%
    Organ fat: 7%
    BMI 24.8
    Muscle Mass: 41.3%

Bearing in mind that I am 1.69cm / 5 feet 6 and I am 21 years old.

I started working out when I was around 63kg and I don't think I had much less bodyfat, maybe 1% less.
    Never believe anything anyone tells you straight away. Your own experience makes you the best builder.

syabal12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please do not over confident when criticized others answers. Are you forgetting about muscles is made up of about 60-70% of water? the water % in the body is also included from muscles.. its logic for a man having about 40-50% muscles.. skeletal one. please revise back sir

benkolilla123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FreeFitnessGuru View Post
    DING DING

I just got my bio impedence tested today

age 43

weight 100 kg

height 180 cm

Muscle mass 75 kg = 75 %

Body Fat Mass 20 Kg = 20%

water = 60% of me bod

Its so easy when you weigh 100kg

... SO YOU ARE "W.R.O.N.G" dude ---> W R O N G

you done said the wrong

If an average man is 50% a bodybuilder certainly can expect to be anything up to 80% - maybe more for super muscle men

Um but what about dem bonez ??? my test didnt cover dat

maybe u izz rite
    75 must be lean body mass not lean muscle mass. your bones are not included in muscle mass, nor your organs. For men, a generally agreed concept says that above 45% it is condsidered very high. For women its above 35%. I am a woman with 40% - examined by a doctor. My guess is that for regular gym goers the very high is the average.
    There is water inside and outside of your muscles.

sorrelsne is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down Lol. Way to put your foot in your mouth

Originally Posted by mrh1111 View Post
    Are you all complete idiots?

First everyone responds to any issue other than the actual question. Then, everyone gives completely wrong information.

Bio-impedence will give you a fat %. It can also give you a water %. It does not give muscle %. Unless you are a MASSIVE bodybuilder with little body fat, you will not approach 45% muscle. NOT even close. I know you all think you're huge, but get real.

The average athletic person will be about 60 to 70% water. The more muscle you have, the greater your water % (muscle retains water). Assuming 70% water, if you are 10% body fat, that leaves about 20% for OTHER- about 40 lbs on a 200 lb person.

But, listen up knuckleheads- that doesn't mean the remaining 20% is MUSCLE. All lean tissue makes up that 20%- liver, kidneys, brain (maybe not so much in this group), skin (heavy). Plus, you carry about 10 to 20 pound of feces in your colon at any time- otherwise know as crap- which you clowns are full of. You would be very lucky to be 10% muscle, which on a 200 pound person would be 20 pounds of muscle.

45% muscle? Get real, unless you are a steroidal, no neck body builder. For those who take offense to my tone- you should. Read a book. Start with Harry Potter.

It would be nice to know the answer to the original question, but it's a tough one.
    It goes: bone, fat, water and muscle
    Bone 3-5%
    Fat 8-14%
    Water 50-65%
    Muscle??? Whatever’s left over usually up to around 40% (about 20lbs of that percent account for organ)

Remember percentages are proportions, and can fluctuate.

I’m a woman. My stats are:

Bone 4.3%
    Fat 13.5%
    Water 61.7%
    What’s left over??? Muscle 38.5

Mind you I’m 108 lbs 5’5. I’m tiny.

As far as your organs? Your heart, brain, veins, intestines etc... are guess what??

Muscle

So if someone is asking about muscle.... your organs should be included since they are muscle! Dee dee dee

As far as your poop and pee. 10 pounds is crazy... and most food is made of water anyways. Even your poop has water in it unless your pooping dust.

My advice to you “Mr. Read A Book” is have some common sense and maybe pick up an anatomy and physiology book after you get done with your Harry Potter.

To answer the original question. Yes I have a scale at my house. I use it very often. The stats I gave before my own are normal for an athletic build. Male or female are in the range but my vary slightly. To get your muscle up, lower your fat and water weight percent will drop to the lower end of the range. Remember all percents are proportional and have to add to 100%

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    10. Years. Ago.

JamWar24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This is my body percentage thing

Age 24
    Hight 5.4ft
    Weight 9.8 st
    Fat 15.1%
    Muscle 44.6%
    Bone 15.8%
    Water 58.3%

This is probably the average, I think.
    Can someone please tell me if this is good or not.
    I've been training regularly for about 5 months.

JamWar24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What!!!!

ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty sure like 40 or 50. I used one of those scales once.
    545 squat
    poverty bench
    607 deadlift
    what is OHP