CoyoteCZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoyoteCZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoyoteCZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoyoteCZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoyoteCZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoyoteCZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why not cardio after lifting?

Some people advocate it, but other don't. Is there any reason why not do cardio (15-25 minutes) after lifting?

billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billmd1334 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do 30 minutes of cardio post workout... I don't see anything wrong with it... just do it at moderate intensity...

skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Basically your body is depleting nutrients as you are lifting so your body is fairly empty of nutrients post work out. Its better to run post workout than pre, but its best to space cardio and lifting out by a few hours.
    8/15/06 - 256 LBS 32ish%
    3/20/07 - 233 LBS 21ish%
    Still cutting.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=958913

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skibbi9 View Post
    Basically your body is depleting nutrients as you are lifting so your body is fairly empty of nutrients post work out. Its better to run post workout than pre, but its best to space cardio and lifting out by a few hours.
    I agree ^^^^. The problem is that most people can't get back to the gym several hours (recommended is 6-8 hours) after lifting to do cardio, so the best suggested way to do cardio on the day you lift is to do 20-30 minutes of low-moderate cardio afterwards.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I often do my cardio pwo. Just start sipping on you pwo shake when you start cardio and you should be fine.

johnsue79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    20-30 minutes post workout cardio will have no negative impact on muscle synthesis. good luck.

newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newlybalanced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no problem with doing cardio after a workout

DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselForce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been doing my cardio after my workouts. I typically lift for between thirty and forty-five minutes and then do cardio for twenty-five minutes right afterwards. I've seen pretty good results so far and haven't lost any strength yet, so I'm going to stick with it but I'm curious as to how long it takes many of you in the gym when doing this regimen and the timing of PWO shake.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IRONMANN1 View Post
    I often do my cardio pwo. Just start sipping on you pwo shake when you start cardio and you should be fine.
    This is what I do when I can't separate cardio due to my work schedule. I carry some whey and dextrose in a shaker bottle to the gym.

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just dont do cardio after leg workout IMO
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skibbi9 View Post
    Originally Posted by IRONMANN1 View Post
    Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    just dont do cardio after leg workout IMO
    Agreed! Agreed! and Agreed!

oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what does psot workout mean? like do it before you lfie or during ur lfiting?
    ~Never give up, keep trying and trying~

~prove Someone Wrong~

~Make more improvments than others~

raz_nj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I've starting doing in the new years that I really like and seen good results from. I incorporate jump rope into my full body workouts.

Jump Rope 5 mins
    4 Exercises, very little rest 30 secs Legs, Shoulders, Back, Chest
    Recover almost fully
    Repeat 4 times

Another day is

Jump Rope 5 mins
    Abs
    Jump Rope 5 mins
    Lower Back
    And then repeat like 3 or 4 times, usually 3.

You could replace the jump rope with running, which I've tried too. I'd say do something that gets your heartrate up like 6.0 with a small incline, if you're physically able to.

I'm still seeing muscle gains with a clean diet and still loosing bf.