hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is it okay to eat so many almonds?

I tend to snack on almonds a few times per day. Is it okay to eat, say, 3 - 5 hands full of almonds each day or is that too much fat?

I've heard almonds have good fats, but I suspect this is still too much,

pree-shate -it

jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayjace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im also after the same information about penuts! haha.
    i ate 250g of penuts everyday last week, just curious if im going to overload on fat. i imagine its good fat though?
    cheers.

Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know thier high in saturated fat, but i dont think youl be eating enough to cause any harm from that, you can eat asmuch as you want, aslong as your macros are right youl be fine.

hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hgainer8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've heard people talk about macros, but I'm not sure exactly what they are/how to measure them

Law School Weighs My Mind Masknight's Avatar
    Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    macros mean your overall calorie intake, with yoru overall necessary amount of protein/carbs/fats. have as many freakin almonds as you want as long as you stay within your daily calorie range or fat range for the day, depending on your goal.

but does anyone know a good counter for your calories? like if i want to have 40% fats, 40%protein and 20% carbs, what would my calories be and what would be the actual number of my fats/proteins/carbs?
    I'm not going to be an underachiver any longer. I don't want to be the one who had potential and let it go to waste. It's not I won't any more.

I can.

Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Masknight View Post
    macros mean your overall calorie intake, with yoru overall necessary amount of protein/carbs/fats. have as many freakin almonds as you want as long as you stay within your daily calorie range or fat range for the day, depending on your goal.

but does anyone know a good counter for your calories? like if i want to have 40% fats, 40%protein and 20% carbs, what would my calories be and what would be the actual number of my fats/proteins/carbs?
    Think about what you juss said man, its you who chooses the calories, but the calories have to come from the range of macros that you using if you understand what i mean.

Edit: Macros do not mean your overall calorie intake, Macros are the amount of calories you getting from each nutrient per day.

Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masknight will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i assume the macro just referred to the overall calorie intake. thanks for the correction but what do you mean by "...calories have to come from the range of macros that you using.."

like the calories from having 250 grms of protein, 200 carbs, and 50 fat?
    I'm not going to be an underachiver any longer. I don't want to be the one who had potential and let it go to waste. It's not I won't any more.

I can.

-Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -Popeye- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    almonds are great for losing fat. Key part in my diet. check out my results in the thread "for anybody who cut from 15% BF to 9-11% BF"

i assume the macro just referred to the overall calorie intake. thanks for the correction but what do you mean by "...calories have to come from the range of macros that you using.."

like the calories from having 250 grms of protein, 200 carbs, and 50 fat?
    Yeah im terrible at exapaining this stuff, but take me for example, i try to stick to 50/35/15 c/p/f.

My carbs are 50% so that means that 50% of my calories from the day come from carbs, 35% protein cals, and 15% fat cals. This is for a bulk diet tho.

If you were wanting to cut it would be something like 5/35/60 c/p/f

of course you never have high fat + high carbs in your diet at the same time as thats a recipe for fat gain.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nuts like almonds have a majority of fat in them but this is good fat that is either monosaturated or polyunsaturated and these fats help lower LDL cholesterol in the body's arteries.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

okay i think i get it. do you know of any calculators that do it for you? i want a bulk diet with high protein, sort of high carbs and high fats (as i notice a huge jump in my test with high fats)

I can.

okay i think i get it. do you know of any calculators that do it for you? i want a bulk diet with high protein, sort of high carbs and high fats (as i notice a huge jump in my test with high fats)
    well if you wanted to do that then it would be 30/30/30, but i seriously do not recommend that, high fat + high carbs in the same diet = major fat gains, if you wanna eat high fat for increased test have a look at something called "The Anabolic Diet", youl get some seriously lean gains from it if you can stick to it.

Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah its good fat brah, some extra calories and a good source of protein

rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10) rottyownr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hgainer8 View Post
    I tend to snack on almonds a few times per day. Is it okay to eat, say, 3 - 5 hands full of almonds each day or is that too much fat?

I've heard almonds have good fats, but I suspect this is still too much,

pree-shate -it
    A handful a day should do you fine. 3-5 is over the top bro.

xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xfreakx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd worry more about them tearing up your lower intestines and getting stuck n stuff.
    I know a few people who ate a bunch of nuts every day and ended up having to get 8 inches taken off their lower intestines cuz the nuts tore up his lower intestines.
    *Being content makes a strong man weak. Discontent makes a weak man strong.*

Consistency and intensity. Stronger every day. -Leif Appainitis.

[I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13.]

Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anubis18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xfreakx View Post
    I'd worry more about them tearing up your lower intestines and getting stuck n stuff.
    I know a few people who ate a bunch of nuts every day and ended up having to get 8 inches taken off their lower intestines cuz the nuts tore up his lower intestines.
    I think its called diverticulitis, my mom has it a little bit, I'm pretty sure you have to be predisposed to it and then sometimes food will get caught in the little pockets in your intestine causing problems

Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post

of course you never have high fat + high carbs in your diet at the same time as thats a recipe for fat gain.
    Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    high fat + high carbs in the same diet = major fat gains, if you wanna eat high fat for increased test have a look at something called "The Anabolic Diet", youl get some seriously lean gains from it if you can stick to it.
    This sounds interesting. I have a decent diet, but i've never counted anything, just tried to eat as clean as i could, lots of cals, lots of protein.

however after almost 50lbs of straight bulking, i'm finally seeing some unwanted fat gains. Do you think this 'anabolic diet' is a good idea for me? I still want to put on another 25 - 35 lbs as quickly as possible, but I want to keep this fat gain under control.

Currently searching on the anabolic diet, any info you can give me first hand is appreciated
    Last edited by hgainer8; 10-16-2008 at 07:38 AM.

Originally Posted by Anubis18 View Post
    I think its called diverticulitis, my mom has it a little bit, I'm pretty sure you have to be predisposed to it and then sometimes food will get caught in the little pockets in your intestine causing problems
    x2. i dont think it just happens from eating too many nuts (no homo) i think its mostly an underlying thing.

Originally Posted by hgainer8 View Post
    This sounds interesting. I have a decent diet, but i've never counted anything, just tried to eat as clean as i could, lots of cals, lots of protein.

however after almost 50lbs of straight bulking, i'm finally seeing some unwanted fat gains. Do you think this 'anabolic diet' is a good idea for me? I still want to put on another 25 - 35 lbs as quickly as possible, but I want to keep this fat gain under control. I can keep to a strict diet as good as anyone, so that's not an issue.

Currently searching on the anabolic diet, any info you can give me first hand is appreciated
    In a nutshell its a high fat/high protein diet on weekdays, then on weekends you stuff yourself with carbs, by doing this the body gets deprived of carbs and resorts to using fat for energy, this includes bodyfat. You wont have to worry about eating lean meat on the a.d because you wanna get plently of fat.

Some benefits are
    -Increased testosterone which should help you in the gym.
    -You wont feel groggy when you wake up or havent eaten in awhile (your body will be using fat for energy)
    -Your body will burn fat like nothing else
    -you wont have to eat as much because fat is high in calories

Make sure your still getting tons of protein on the diet tho. It can be used for cutting if you decide to do it in a defict or bulking with very lean gains if you go over maintenace

it seems like the palumbo diet which was basically whey shakes with healthy fat from peanut butter,almonds,olive oil, and eggs. i'm on that now and it's been going alright so far in my cut but my losses have definiately stagnated.

I can.

TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TopazBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thedailyplate.com

This is what I use. You just type in what you ate and it gives you a breakdown. They have alot of food stored in their database. I was suprised, just try searching random food/foodbrands.

Im pretty sure theres another site called www.fitday.com which tells you all your macros for the day etc.

kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya masknight, i just saw a calculator like that on a bulking article on bodybuilding.com. I just wish i could remember which one it was... I'll try looking for it again.

Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's alright if you don't consume high fat food throughout the rest of the day.
    Lift, Grow, Conquer.

sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    correct me if im wrong but i think 1oz(28 almonds) = 190cals and 16g of fat

u wanna lick my serratus? OprahsDick's Avatar
    OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10) OprahsDick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nuts neither cause nor exacerbate Diverticulitis. In fact they can help prevent the onset of Diverticulitis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverticulitis

Down your nuts sons (no homo).
    Lake Titicaca [img][/img]