Johnny_AUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Advice on a Leg Press Machine needed & much appreciated.

Hi,

First of all I just want to say that I would really appreciate any replies I get here. Ok, so I am just about to complete my home gym with a Leg Press being my last piece of equipment. I live in Brisbane, Australia & my options are limited. The two I have narrowed it down to are:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body-Solid Leg Press & Hack Squat
    Model: GLPH1100
    http://www.bodysolid.com/Item.aspx?I...26+Hack+Squat#

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muscle Motion Commercial 45 degree Leg Press machine
    Model: D1063
    http://www.gymandfitness.com.au/musc...ine-p-451.html

Both are about $1,900AUD (keep in mind things are more expensive in Australia).

I'm not a body builder & and only lift around 200kg on leg press.

Which of the two looks to be better quality? The Body Solid one also has Hack Squat - does that make it better value?

I can't find much info on the Muscle Motion leg press - but can anyone of you tell the quality from the brief amount of info and the photo?

Thanks in advance!

*****EDIT:

This Leg Press Machine is only $1100 - ($700+ cheaper)"

http://www.fitnessxpress.com.au/Musc...uat-p-275.html

It looks a bit cheap though in my opinion but I'm not the best person to judge. The price does appeal to me though.

Are the above two machines worth the extra $700?

If they are then I would definitely not hesitate to pay the extra money - because I'm looking at the leg press as a long term investemnt that will serve me very well over the years.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Johnny_AUS; 10-16-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Johnny_AUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    C'mon guys, really need to buy one of these 3 asap. Surely someone can helo me out?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    For a home gym, I'd go with a unit that doubles as a hack squat. Although I don't own the Body Solid machine, I own other Body Solid equipment, and am pleased with their quality/strength.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    For a home gym, I'd go with a unit that doubles as a hack squat.
    I agree, I'd definitely get a leg press that can also be used as a hack squat too. Something with such a huge footprint I'd like it to have a little more variation with all that space that gets taken up (imo).

dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd go for the third one. It's less expensive and has a smaller footprint than the first one.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.17

Make everyday count because no one promised you tomorrow.

Live easy, train hard.

Owe lifetime reps to all E-Crew members

Owe a case of beer to deseee

romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50) romanrg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Leg press machines are pretty basic, and some of the home made ones I've used were preferred by many gym members over the more expensive name brands. Body Solid does make nice equipment, especially for home gyms, but the muscle motion looks more stable. If at all possible, try each one before you purchase.