PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Birth control pill and supplements?

I've taken a few months break from lifting and used to take Superpump250 (nitric oxide) and SizeOn (intra-workout creatine). I'm gonna head back to the gym tomorrow and plan on taking the two supplements like before. I've just started taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen yesterday.

Will taking these supplements while on the pill a bad idea? Will it lessen the effectiveness (although I still plan on wrapping up...)?

Also, I asked the woman who gave me the pills if the fact that I take Doxycycline (antibiotic pills I was given from my dermatologist for mild acne) would lessen the effectiveness of the pill, but all she told me was that studies show that it shouldn't interfere with it. I plan on calling up my dermatologist tomorrow to get his take on this, but was wondering if any of you ladies can also shed some light on this.

Thank you!

IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Go to the supplement companies direct website and look up the product there. Usually these companies will post something about their supplements effects on birth control if it's an issue. You could email a rep for the company also, they're usually pretty quick to respond.
    NPC National Figure Athlete | NASM CPT | Nutritionist | Professional Model
    ~Team TightCurves~

*Follow me on ********! Sarah Gwynn - IronFigure Fitness

Formerly known as USMC_URAH :)

spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spartan09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pills and Muscle Growth

I have a similar question. Does anybody know if birth control pills have an effect on the results u get in the gym? Do the hormones in them negatively affect muscle growth? I would really appreciate if someone could answer...thanks!

Don't take anyone's **** littleblkninja's Avatar
    littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by spartan09 View Post
    I have a similar question. Does anybody know if birth control pills have an effect on the results u get in the gym? Do the hormones in them negatively affect muscle growth? I would really appreciate if someone could answer...thanks!
    Here is a Figure Athlete article by John Berardi:
    http://www.figureathlete.com/readArticle.do?id=2379297

I have been on both Ortho Tri-Clyclen and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo ever since 2002. My starting weight was around 160 pounds. Presently I am in the range of 120 to 125 pounds. I can use BC and not have it negatively affect my weight or muscle mass. I make sure to train heavy and eat clean. Others can't use BC and be as lean as they want to be. It really is a "it depends" situation.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded

Nothing Tastes as Good as Lean Feels!!!!

Let nothing which can be treated by diet be treated by other means. - Maimonides

Because ALL politicians lie through their worthless teeth
    www.FactCheck.org

PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumaSpeedcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by USMC_URAH View Post
    Go to the supplement companies direct website and look up the product there. Usually these companies will post something about their supplements effects on birth control if it's an issue. You could email a rep for the company also, they're usually pretty quick to respond.
    Oh duh....why the hell didn't I think of that.

And I just Google'd Doxycycline and birth control, I guess it does lessen the effectiveness of the pill.

Thanks so much!

IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No problem, good luck!
    NPC National Figure Athlete | NASM CPT | Nutritionist | Professional Model
    ~Team TightCurves~

*Follow me on ********! Sarah Gwynn - IronFigure Fitness

Formerly known as USMC_URAH :)