Thread: Rib Pain

spoonman169 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rib Pain

Quick question hopefully someone can help me. For a number of months now i have had rib pain on both sides of my torso on the front, approx two inches below the nipple. I have had a number of doctors investigate the problem with scans and test's but to no avail. The only thing the doctors can suggest is a gym injury because this pain started a few months after introducing dead lifts into my workout. The problem is it is not getting better and gets worse with physio. Please someone must have had this before as even the sports doctor cant understand why the length of time for the injury to remain.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by spoonman169 View Post
    Quick question hopefully someone can help me. For a number of months now i have had rib pain on both sides of my torso on the front, approx two inches below the nipple. I have had a number of doctors investigate the problem with scans and test's but to no avail. The only thing the doctors can suggest is a gym injury because this pain started a few months after introducing dead lifts into my workout. The problem is it is not getting better and gets worse with physio. Please someone must have had this before as even the sports doctor cant understand why the length of time for the injury to remain.
    Have you had an MRI of your thoracic spine?

spoonman169 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Have you had an MRI of your thoracic spine?
    yes i have had MRI and CT scans of my spine ribs and everything in between very thing is clear and fine besides my spine is a little degenerative in a couple a pads but the doctor says thats normal for someone who played cricket and a fast bowler for 20 years and wouldnt explain the pain in my ribs.