Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 175 :: Why Is It So Hard For Modern Man To Commit To Fitness?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!

TOPIC: Why Is It So Hard For Modern Man To Commit To Fitness?

For the week of: October 15th - October 21th
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At some point, everyone wants to be stronger, lose weight, gain muscle, and workout. But it's the consistent effort to do so that modern man lacks. Whether it's going to the gym, taking a jog outside, or simply watching what you eat, modern man lacks the commitment.

Why is it so hard for modern man to commit to fitness?

What can one do if they lack commitment to their fitness goals?

Do you think that psychology can help one commit to fitness?

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bvr17ac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking about this today and its down to everything i think. Man hasn't always been lazy, obviously everyone knows that the human body is designed to walk miles a day, fend for themselves etc. But the human body is also a very adaptable machine, we adapt to our surroundings thats why we are so versitile and can survive basically anywhere on the earth no matter what the environment.
    I think that as our lifestyles have got less active with things like cars, public transport, supermarkets, fast food etc that we don't have to do much to survive and we as human beings have just adapted to this type of lifestyle. We prefer comfort, that what it is always about. Our bodies including our mind are always adapting to make things easier and less stressful.

When you think about it, back in like the 50's or something their wasn't many overweight people, this was because people were still active. Had jobs what were pretty demanding that needed a lot of labour, no fast foods or shops where you can just buy snack so that it wasn't as easy to just get something to eat so portions and meal frequency was probably less. Plus the foods back then was healthier, low G.I carbs, meat, fish, eggs, milk, nuts. We all know that these types of foods are healthy, definately healthier then the foods we are eating now.

Like i said, people have 'adapted' to the easy lifestyle so for someone to take on a fitness or diet plan, which takes them out of their comfort zone is going to make them want to snap back in to their old ways because this is what they prefer. Plus now basically anything you want you can have straight away, just go to the shops or intenet etc whereas the body that you want isn't, you just can't get that straight away so when people don't see results then they feel like giving up, after all progression is the biggest motivator just that some people arn't willing to stick with something long enough to see them results.

Psychology will help most people, a lot of people will use it here but just don't realise. Things like goal setting, imigary before a session, training/diet diary etc these are some psychological things that can keep you on track and focused on your goals. But people's psychological state towards getting in shape and sticking to it is poor, they want a quick fix, thats why all of these 'magic supplements' that makes you lose pounds a week are so successful, people like the fact of a getting something quick and easy but when they don't get what they expect then they give up!

People need to instead of wanting to workout to look good, but they should also do it for their health. So many people are messing up their bodies but because they can't see the effects then they don't believe it is happening. It is only until they get a wake up call when they start to do something about it. I think that being physically active and eating well should be implemented from being young, i went to pick up my little sister from school (she's 6) and i was surprised to see how many kids at her age that were huge, some was obese easily. If nothing doesn't change in their lifestyle then they will carry on with them habbits throughout her life which will destroy thier health and make it harder for them to get on track when they are older.
    So i think if people can realise that by being healthy that they are helping them live longer, prevent diseases and injury and just generally feel better. If they can realise that then i think they will be a bit more motivated to stick to it.
    Soon as they see and feel the benefits then it is hard to stop what you are doing!

Progress it truly the best motivator
    For U.K and European athletes who want cheap supplements visit myprotein.co.uk and use my code for 5% off (MP53884)

gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) gesinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You walk into the gym New Year's Day and are barraged by new members crowding the treadmills, bench presses, and stretching areas. Two weeks later all of those additions are gone, only to be return the following New Year's Day.

Few people last through their fitness resolutions. Those few who do see their goals through are the ones who have patience and determination. And do not assume that those who are unable to achieve their goals are lazy. Many times it is quite the opposite. People are busier than ever these days, and barely even have time to rest. Because of this tight schedule, people seek sources of instant satisfaction. And in a world where the average man strives for quick gratification, the long-term requirements that are necessary to be fit simply do not...fit.

Fitness is a 24/7 job. A person must take care to follow a workout regime, a balanced diet, and must obtain sufficient sleep in order to see results. And the modern man does not prioritize fitness because it requires so much effort, and is intrusive in their tight schedules.

But many people view fitness in the wrong light. Although some may see fitness as just another event to add to their hectic schedule, fitness instead helps reduce the stress of a busy lifestyle. Regularly exercising, eating properly, and making sure to get enough sleep help to improve an individual's life. Exercising helps to center the body and keep it in working shape. Eating properly makes sure that the body is getting the essential nutrients to function. And sleeping enough reduces stress levels and increases energy for the rest of the day.

So if exercise, nutrition, and sleep are so important, how can everyone work these three necessities into their busy lives? First, setting a schedule helps bring order into a hectic life. Schedule time to exercise, sleep, and even schedule meals. Not only will this schedule become your daily routine, but it will also break up your day nicely. Second, make sure to follow the schedule. Make as few excuses to skip each scheduled event as possible. There are times when it may become necessary to skip a certain event, but don't make a habit out of breaking your schedule. But most importantly, be patient. Always keep your goal in the forefront of your mind, and in less time than you would imagine, you will achieve and even exceed your own dreams. The best motivation comes from seeing results, and once you begin to see the shifts in how you act, function, and look, you will be hooked to a better, more fit lifestyle.

steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fitness - The Mental Battle for Men

Commitment is simply something that modern man is not up for these days. We live in a society where divorce rates exceed the rates of successful marriages and where people have a great deal of difficulty committing to long term goals. This societal issue also begins to really come to the forefront when talking about men and fitness. However, there seems to be several very simple and logical explanations for why this happens.

The first and foremost factor has to do with the nature of American society. Basically, there are just too many distractions out there and too many things going on in people's lives for them to make fitness a priority. A common trend is for men to have to support a family or themselves. To do this, they often spend 40 hours or more working to keep the financial situation stable. On top of that, they still want to go out and have some leisure time to release the stresses that accompany long hours at work. Therefore, they will usually spend time with their girlfriends, families, or buddies.

When it is all said and done, there simply isn't any time left to make it to the gym. It becomes an afterthought compared to keeping up with finances or maintaining social relationships. If you throw the whole idea of a solid nutrition commitment on top of all of it, then pursuing fitness ends up being too much of a time commitment as well as a mental burden.

Another factor is that fitness is not pleasurable in any sense. Think about it. Lifting weights puts your body in extreme pain and doing cardiovascular activity, leaves you gasping for air. No wonder it becomes so hard for most people to get started on a fitness program. The reality is that yes, it's not fun. It is especially rough when a person is just getting started because their body hasn't adjusted to the whole idea of fitness. Therefore, they are usually in a lot of pain during the first few weeks of working out, which ends up being a reason to procrastinate and not go back to the gym.

There is a certain threshold associated with fitness that many do not overcome. Experienced runners or bodybuilders have it much different because their body is well accustomed to the style of training that they use. Because of this, their pain receptors are much less sensitive as well. A bodybuilder can go and bench 500 lbs while barely feeling the after effects the next day and a runner can go out and run 10 miles with no pain in their lungs whatsoever. For inexperience lifters and runners, the whole ordeal is just downright miserable. Just doing a minor workout is going to make it hard to get out of bed the next day. On top of that, getting the absolute best results means that each training session must be extremely intense which always involves even more pain and more misery. Most people just aren't willing to deal with all of it. Can you blame them?

The next point I want to make goes back to finances. The reality is that pursuing fitness is expensive. A gym membership costs money. Workout clothes cost money. Healthy food costs money. It all costs money. Many guys I know simply can't commit to a fitness lifestyle simply because they don't have the extra money to invest. It is as simple as that.

Probably the biggest factor for why guys can't commit to fitness is actually really simple. It's time management. For some reason, guys seem to have trouble managing their time. The main idea behind time management is to set up priorities and then plan out your time in advance. The issue is that fitness becomes something that guys will get done when they feel like it. When they take that attitude, it leaves fitness at the bottom of the priority scale. Why? Well, as explained earlier, there just isn't a whole lot of time to throw around because of everything else going on in life. If anyone wants to succeed at fitness, then they must learn to make it a priority by planning it into the schedule. This idea of time management leads me into my second point.

Long-term planning is really an issue for a lot of people. This is why fitness becomes so hard. The thing about fitness is that it takes commitment and patience, two things that a lot of people seem to lack. Everyone wants everything the quick and easy way. It's also the reason why diet pills are doing so well. People would rather take a pill to lose weight instead of pursuing a healthy nutrition and fitness program.

I can sympathize with these people because it can get rough when you spend hours and hours in the gym and you want to see drastic results in a short period of time. The problem is that in a healthy individual, gaining a pound or two of mass per week is considered normal for rapid weight gain and losing rapid amounts of weight the healthy way also deals with the same ratio of one to two pounds per week. This is also assuming that the person getting these kinds of results is doing everything right as far as training and nutrition. If you talk about an average Joe who has little to no knowledge about weight training or weight loss, then obviously it will take much longer to see significant results.

Generally speaking, it takes at least 3 months of commitment to a program before a person can accurately assess whether or not what they are doing is actually working. Now you can imagine why it becomes so hard for people to commit to a fitness lifestyle. After a month of training, there might not be noticeable results and a person might just give up.

A lot can be attributed to the food selection here in America. Back in the days of early America, people cooked every meal by themselves. Vegetables were grown in the back yard and meat was acquired from home-grown animals. Early Americans even made their own bread from scratch. The only food selection was to eat what was on the table. Usually, that would involve some kind of vegetable, bread, milk, and some kind of meat. You can imagine why there weren't a whole lot of morbidly obese people back then. They used to go out and work on the farm all day and then come back to eat.

Today is marked by a surplus of terribly unhealthy food that is made convenient. Since Americans are so busy all the time, there is little time to make food. If there's no food readily available, then heck, why not go to McDonald's or Burger King. It's fast, convenient and actually tastes pretty good. The problem is that because of the desire for fast food, companies have managed to produce that kind of food, but it ends up being poor quality. Usually, convenient foods, such as microwaveable dinners and burgers from the nearest fast food joint, always contain high concentrations of saturated fat and/or large amounts of preservatives. Many convenient foods may also contain large quantities of sugar. When it is all said and done, most of these foods are terrible for supporting bodily functions. They lead to disease and severe increases in adipose tissue.

When trying to pursue a healthy fitness lifestyle, the kind of food that is consumed has everything to do with the results that will be achieved. Unfortunately, eating the right kind of food is usually inconvenient and so once again, the modern man is stuck with another dilemma.

After saying all this, there is still hope for the modern man to achieve his fitness goals. It will simply take some lifestyle and psychological adjustments on his part. Usually, this comes down to increasing his attention to detail and yes, a certain level of commitment as well. Here are several psychological and practical strategies that will help anyone succeed in pursuing their fitness goals:

1) Make fitness a priority

Usually, the biggest problem is that fitness is not a priority, but is considered something that will just get done whenever that person feels like it. The reality is that it must be made a priority that is given significant attention and focus.

2) Planning

Planning out time to get to the gym long before the week begins in always the key. If working out before work is the only time that works, then go to bed earlier and get up. If after work is the only time available, then go right away after work to minimize the chance of distractions. Either way, going to the gym must be scheduled routinely to maintain a level of consistency and focus.

Planning out meals is also critical. It is very hard to maintain a healthy eating lifestyle when there is no planning involved. This means making meals ahead of time as well as planning out what meals should be eaten and when they should be eaten during the day.

Personally, I like to write out a detailed copy of my schedule before a week begins so that everything is planned out ahead of time. By doing this, I end up being more productive and efficient with my time. It also makes going to the gym routine and non-invasive in relation to the rest of my time since it is just a part of the schedule.

3) Commit to Long-Term Goals and Manage Them through Short-Term Goals

If there is no long-term goal in place before you step into the gym, then you are setting yourself up for failure. I think that it is physically impossible to commit to fitness unless there is a long-term goal in mind. That long-term goal is what will keep you going back even when you really don't feel like it.

Long-term goals can be broken up into a series of short-term goals as well. Maybe you might have a large goal to lose 100 lbs, but as a series of smaller goals, you could aim to lose 5 lbs a month. Succeeding at smaller goals makes much larger goals more manageable. Relating back to my example, losing 100 lbs will take any person a long period of time and a lot of hard work. Trying to attack the monster head on is a set-up for failure. Rather, evaluating oneself on the basis of smaller, more manageable goals, one can expect to succeed. It is much easier to try and lose 5 lbs every month instead of trying to lose 100 lbs in the next year and half. 5 lbs a month simply sounds better and much easier to manage.

The main idea though is to be goal-oriented in your approach to fitness. Without goals in place, there is nothing to strive for and nothing to achieve. Otherwise, the whole notion of fitness becomes too abstract and failure is almost imminent.

4) Stay Positive and Believe in Yourself

Many people fail before they even get started because they don't believe that they can achieve the results they want. It's basically shooting themselves in the foot before they even get started. Science shows that there is a strong correlation between what the mind believes and what the body does. When someone gets depressed, then they are more likely to get sick. People that stay positive have a better chance of recovery from cancer. Successful athletes always have confidence in their abilities and therefore, they succeed.
    The list goes on and on. There definitely is that correlation between the mind and the body. What this means is that in order to achieve the body of your dreams, you must first believe it is possible. The next step is that you must pursue that dream with the confidence that you will succeed.

I think this is also an important life lesson:
    "People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to."
    -George E. Allen

In order to succeed in fitness or any other aspect of life, it all comes down to winning the battle in your mind by convincing yourself that the "impossible" is possible. From there, you must do everything that you can to insure that you will succeed (Winston Churchill may have said this.........I just pulled it from memory so I can't remember).
    Last edited by steveironpump; 10-20-2008 at 03:26 AM.

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I tried every way imaginable to lose weight without joining a gym. To me, joining a gym signified a commitment. Something I would have to keep doing once I started.

In my mind, a diet was different. Something with a beginning and an end. Something I could jump off of any time I wanted to. And I frequently wanted to.

The thing is, I viewed a healthy lifestyle as something to dread. I could not imagine that it could be enjoyable, and that one day it would be the best part of my life.

Weighing in at 256 pounds, committing to a healthy lifestyle was scary. Food was where I thought I derived my joy from, and I suppose it was at the time.

Committing to a healthy lifestyle signified the end of McDonalds, Krispy Kremes, and most all of the food I loved. It also meant giving up hours on end of mindless TV watching and snacking in front of my TV.

It meant that I had to step out of my comfort zone and into the world of fit people.

And that was just scary.

If you lack commitment to your fitness goals, there is only one thing to do: do it.

Whether you want to or not, you just do it.

I am not committed to mopping my floor, yet I do it.

I have no feelings of connection with washing clothes.

Yet every day, I enjoy the rewards of doing things I am not committed to.

In the beginning, I did not feel committed to the changes I was making, yet I reaped the benefits. I enjoyed my first ten pound loss even though I did not enjoy the struggles of the newness of the diet and exercise that brought me there.

For me, the commitment didn?t come until I lost fifty pounds. That?s when I finally decided to join a gym. A real commitment there. Money, time, and effort.

But like anything else you don?t like, but must do, you do it repeatedly. I ate healthy and exercised on days I didn?t want to?and it became a habit. And that habit became a lifestyle.

Psychology plays a big part in committing to fitness, because so much of it is mental.

I had 121 pounds worth of hurdles to jump to make it to goal. That took a lot of psychological aerobics on my part.

I had to tell myself each and every day that I was doing a good thing.

I even let my 12 year old son weigh me, because there was no way I was going to eat a cookie in front of him with him knowing I weighed over 200 pounds. Nothing outwardly changed the first day he weighed me, yet I never cheated in front of him again. And that was definitely a psychological battle. A battle I won.

Committing to anything is hard, but I?m sure glad I committed to a healthy lifestyle. I don?t have to live with the regrets or the ?what if?s?.

And do you ever really hear people look back over there life and say, ?Gee, I wish I had not been so healthy??
    If I can do it, anyone can!

Click here to see my visit to the Today Show! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25708021/

Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    At some point, everyone wants to be stronger, lose weight, gain muscle, and workout. But it's the consistent effort to do so that modern man lacks. Whether it's going to the gym, taking a jog outside, or simply watching what you eat, modern man lacks the commitment.

You don't have to be an anthropologist to understand why physical laziness is a common trait between the most diverse populations of the world... in fact we only have to look at the natural world to make sense of this behaviour.

Laziness is a tactic that many species use to conserve energy:

Adult male lions are known for spending most of their days sunbathing and eating whatever prey the lionesses killed, they happily let the lionesses do the hunting for them since they much rather expend their energy procreating and/or fighting other lions to be alpha.

Bears are another example of a large predator that uses laziness as a tactic. Bears take this tactic to the extreme by bulking up as much as they can, they do this by eating whatever they find and avoiding strenuous physical activity like fighting other bears, and then they simply hibernate for months at a time.

But it's not just the large predators that resort to this tactic, other smaller mammals, like the aptly named sloth and the koala bear, have also mastered the art of laziness.

So we have established that many species, the human included, resort to this 'laziness' tactic to conserve energy but why?

simply to ensure survival

You see laziness is a brilliant survival tactic because expending precious energy in superfluous activities is a good way to end up dead.

Every animal on the face of this earth has been programmed to do 2 things, obtain sustenance and procreate, those are the only activities that expending energy on makes sense in an evolutionary point of view.

So why is modern man suffering and dying from so many diseases brought by an epidemic of obesity?

The problem is that this 'laziness' tactic and all the other survival mechanisms were programmed into our genes in order for us to survive the ancient world.

A world where obtaining food required a great deal of physical effort either by foraging for plants or by hunting animals. In those days foods high in calories were very rare and that's why, to this day, they remain so rewarding for us to eat.

So we are starting to get to the root of the problem, and I mean that in the literal sense, you see it was the advent of agriculture that allowed us to obtain many more calories for a lot less effort and all of the sudden we had a steady supply of food, the domestication of animals and the processing of grains meant we had prompt access to large sources of calories year round with minimum effort. After the industrial revolution producing food became just another industrial process, cheap and calorie rich food became widely available.

So what happens when you have all this cheap calorie rich food that requires no physical effort to obtain and genes programmed to bulk us up so we can endure physical hardship and famine?

This is why it is so important for us to try to emulate the ways of our ancestors, we can no longer hunt mammoths but we can run and play sports, we can no longer fight sabre tooth tigers but we can lift weights... the reason why we are plagued by obesity and other diseases is because we are perverting our genes, in a world of plenty diet and exercise became of the utmost importance

Speaking from personal experience: The worst thing you can do is bull**** yourself "yeah I'll start lifting tomorrow" "let me just eat this box of donuts and I'll start dieting tomorrow", either do or don't.

1- You need to take diet and exercise seriously, it's your health we are talking about and for you that should be the most important thing you have to worry about.

2- Take baby steps to ease into a diet and training regiment.

3- Get advise from people that walked down the same path you are about to, bb.com forums are good place 2 start.

Be like a elephant, walk slowly but let nothing or none deviate you from your path, as you progress with time you will grow to enjoy it... sure eating that can of tuna or drinking that protein shake will not taste as good as a cheeseburger and a milkshake, playing videogames is a lot more fun than 20 minutes in the concept 2 indoor rower and yeah watching tv has more entertaining value than doing 3 sets of 10 reps of BB rows but trust me when I say this one day you will be bench pressing or curling and suddenly something will click and you will get a feeling that really can't be described, welcome to the zone baby your genes are making sweet love to every cell in your body and all of the sudden that xbox game you spent so many hours playing is not that important.

Yes, it's funny that some of the best physiques in my gym are from guys that were fat in high school etc, they saw the other side of the coin and that's why they are so careful about their diet and training.

That said if you are not that strong mentally you should surround yourself with people that will support your transformation, also surround yourself with stuff that will motivate you into achieving your goals, be it posters music or whatever
    Last edited by Belloc; 10-21-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Preachaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My 2 cents...

We see movies like Terminator and I-Robot that predict that the artificial intelliegence in the machines will eventually turn against us and take over the world. It sounds pretty far fetched and yet there's already an extremely high degree of that very concept present in modern society. But, instead of machines blatantly taking over the human race by force, it's more like we've become so dependant on technology that we let the machines do all the work for us.

Before people figured out how to ride horses they walked. Same with bikes or cars or any other mode of transportation. Heck, you can go to the airport and the ground does all the walking for you.

It's obviosely innate in mans nature to build, to create, essentially to make things better, faster, and more effiecient. The bottom line is there are obviosely some things we shouldn't mess with. It seems that the more complex we make our technologies the more of a headache they can become. They're still trying to work out the kinks in the iphone and it's been out for quite sometime.

The more complex we made our foods, the more processed and void of nutrition they became. It's the same reoccuring effect all across the board. We make cars so we don't have to walk everywhere. We make microwaves so we don't have to really cook our food. All in the name of saving time.

We these mechanical "improvements" we're actually drastically reducing the amount of time we'll get to spend on this earth all in the name of progress. That being said, however you may believe life began on this earth, we only have one body. One common phrase that I hear people say who've been on this planet a really long time is that they would've taken much better care of themselves if they knew they were going to live so long.

There was a study conducted by the Mayo Clinic that only 7% of major heart surgery patients went onto to change their lifestyle after experiencing a triple bypass or better. I believe that's where the problem lies. 93% of the people who'd had a major heart operation due to obesity and inactivity would rather die than put down the fries. That's an extremely sobering thought.

In a society that has never been more educated on the effects of food and inactivity, we still continue getting fatter and fatter. I can think of no cheaper therapy when life throws you a curve than to dive head first into a piece of cheesecake or a half gallon of your favorite ice cream. Yet I honestly don't think anyone ever wakes up one day and says, "I want to be so out of shape that I'll be confined to a wheel chair or bed ridden by the time I'm fifty!" But our habits say otherwise.

What can one do if they lack commitment to their physical goals?

I believe the answer is wrapped up in balance. No one wants to be part of a lifestyle that demands they never enjoy a chocolate chip cookie or their favorite Italian restaraunt again. The reason we end up fat is because our bad habits outweigh our good habits. Not exercising and eating right occurs far more frequently than working out and eating clean.

The simple answer is that your goals become a reality only when doing the right thing begins to outweigh doing the wrong thing. Give yourself a a cheat meal once a week, or at least often enough that you maintain your sanity. Also, find workouts that can be done quickly like circuit training where you get both the benfits of cardio and resistence training and don't have to spend two hours a day in the gym. Feel free to experiment with which workouts work best for you.

I believe your mindset is key. If you're defeated in your mind then your defeated before you ever pick up your first dumbell or eat your first clean meal. Maintaining a positive attitude is definately a must in attaining your physical goals no matter how steep they might be.

One thing to consider is that many people were so much further from there goals than we'll ever be, and if one person has ever attained where they want to be physically than anyone can do it. I've heard it said that part of achieving your physical goals is knowing what you have to give up to get there. Remember the prize or the reward is not totally wrapped up in the final accomplishment but in the road and in the process you use to get there.
    Last edited by Preachaboy; 10-22-2008 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Continuity
    -I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

-All things are possible for those that believe.

greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10) greensquats is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Essentially what we have today is a society in which physical hardships are few and rare. We can basically get anything we could possibly want or need with the click of a button or the swipe of a card. Today, most people aren?t farmers with grueling all-day workloads (but bless those who are), most of us simply sit in an air-conditioned office, being catered right down to our very last whim as we sip on our drinks and stubbornly chop away at our duties. We go home, take a slice out of a pre-made pizza, call it a day (if, in fact, you don?t add the instance of television and video games), and go to bed, not even breaking a sweat the whole day. Over time, this lifestyle has deteriorated our natural durability, and has substituted hard work with a sugar-coated Candy-Land, day in, and day out. So it?s really no wonder that people tremble in the presence of hard labor. Even over 30% of kids are obese! It used to be unheard of for even one kid to be obese, let alone over 1/3!

All that being said, some people still attempt to take up a fitness routine, for many reasons. Either they want to impress that girl/guy of their dreams, just want to look/feel better, have to as a treatment to a current condition, lose weight, build muscle, build endurance, train for a sport, etc. But regardless of the ?why,? one thing remains certain: almost all of these beginners will quit and fail miserably in their quest, whatever that may be. They just give up, like anything else. Why, you ask, is it so hard for modern man to commit to fitness? Well, I blame it on what I call the 12 disciples of QUIT.

The 12 Disciples of QUIT

1. Energy? A major reason why it is hard for modern man to commit to fitness is because of the simple fact that they are lacking the necessary energy. This can have 1 or more of several causes. One possible cause is that the person experiencing the tiredness has not gotten enough sleep. Sleep is drastically important, not only to avoid exhaustion and fatigue, but to repair and grow. Another possible cause of tiredness is a poor diet. You need to be getting quality complex carbohydrates in your diet for energy. Ways to combat a lack of energy is through the use of b vitamins and/or energy drinks/supplements. Some of the better ones I recommend are Controlled Lab?s White Flood Tablets and Universal Nutrition?s Shock Therapy.

2. Time ? Another reason why it is hard for modern man to commit to fitness is because of the very fact that they just don?t have the time to cram it into their busy schedules. Let?s face it: while perhaps it used to be a more physically challenging life, it was still a much simpler life. We have to pay bills, do regular work, do school work, take care of pets, kids, laundry, dishes, groceries, clean, etc, and on top of this, we just don?t have the time to somehow jumble in exercise. What can you do to combat this? For one, you can organize your time so that you get everything accomplished as efficiently and as quickly as possible. Another thing you can do is PRIORITIZE. Decide what?s most important to you, and get that done first. Maybe exercise will fall into a slot where you can get that done first.

3. Mental Toughness ? Another reason why it is so hard for modern man to commit to fitness is because they are, quite simply, lazy. The workouts get a little tough, and so they give up, quit, say good-bye. All I can say to combat this is SUCK IT UP!

4. Motivation ? Some people just don?t have the necessary motivation to push them to workout. Whether it be a workout partner, a magazine, poster, dvd, whatever, you must find something to strengthen your roots in the iron game if you expect to keep growing.

5. Support ? Some people just don?t have enough support. Maybe the ones closest to them keep badgering them, criticizing them, or just not being a strong enough back-bone to help the person in times of toil. So what do they do? They quit.

6. Lack of Results ? Most people expect to see huge results in a short amount of time. They lack patience, and so utterly and completely fail in their journeys and quit.

7. Distractions ? Got a party on Saturday night? Want to eat that addicting piece of cake sitting over there on the table? These are the kind of distractions that could throw anybody off their game. Try to limit and quarantine as many and as much of these out of your life as possible.

8. Passion ? Some people lack a passion for fitness. They have a reason for doing it, but they don?t really embrace that and strive to reach it. It?s just sort of something that floats in the back of their head as they complete half-ass reps.

9. Condition ?Some people truly just have a condition that prevents them from reaching their full potential (i.e. obesity, cancer, etc.). What do I have to say to you? As long as your doctor approves, my message to you is that you can do anything you set your mind to. Everybody has their cross to bear, and if yours is a condition, then so be it. Show it what you?re really made of, and workout to gain the upper hand.

10. Confidence ? Some people just aren?t confident in their ability. They figure they are never going to achieve what they want, or maybe they?re even afraid. So they quit. These people really need to find a way to get mentally pumped and light a fire under their arse and go exercise like they?re going to blow up the gym.

11. Lack of Resources ? Perhaps some people just don?t have the necessary equipment to lift weights, and once they find this out, they give up. Their journey is rather short, but I say to them that if they really want to accomplish their goal, it is crucial that they purchase a gym membership or buy a home gym.

12. Lack of Knowledge ? Some people are just too ignorant in fitness to know what they are doing wrong, and so it frustrates them and they quit. Don?t let this be you! You have a whole wealth of information right at your fingertips with the internet, don?t waste it.

Find a reason, a burning passion that drives you and will never extinguish. This relates to the 8th deciple of QUIT, but is also the best way to have commitment. If you truly have a burning passion that fuels you, you will undoubtedly achieve your goals and more.

Absolutely. Everything in the human body starts with the control center, the brain. However, it may be a little embarrassing to seek a psychologist just to try and commit to fitness. What I recommend doing psychology yourself. Reward yourself if you workout. Eck, find a sexual turn-on to drive you to workout. Just find something that works for you, and use it to your advantage.

Thanks, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Lift Hard

- greensquats

Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Next in Line has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 answer

laziness. too much going on, like tv, computers, games, they dont want to work hard to be healty and live longer..they think too much about whos winning the next college football game instead of going out there and play to get some exercise in. They make excuses for everything because you know we men have a problem with commitment

Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!

TOPIC: Why Is It So Hard For Modern Man To Commit To Fitness?

For the week of: October 15th - October 21th
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    Weakness dwells in the mind,not di body

keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man lives his life through others and not himself.
    I am not a Dr, any opinion that I have is based on my own experience.

matt8667 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i chuck it up to a few basic ideas.

1. lack of motivation. Either you want it or you dont. You dont kind of do anything. exuses are a dime a dozen but self desepline is hard to come by.

2. society moving toward acceptance of obesity. More people are over weight than starving on this planet. Which is simply awful! special tables, chairs , scooters , etc are avaliable so that the most slothful of men,women and children can move about freely in a increasingly accepting society. I am not saying to embrace the super model image, but there is no excuse for obesity short of a medical reason.

svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) svt_Nick69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Americans are lazy as **** and view eating as a way of self esteem/comfort

nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nev3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm adding my 2 cents here because this touches a core belief of mine.

I believe that to achieve anything, you need the following three things:

1) The knowledge
    2) The resources
    3) The willpower

I really believe this applies to everything, there are no exceptions.

In the Internet era, #1 is usually not an issue. It doesn't take much of anything to go on google.com and type in "bodybuilding" and click on the first website (it's this one). All the information you'll ever need, at your fingertips.

The resources are what people who lack #3 will usually place the blame on. Any sentence of the structure:

I don't have enough time/money/genetics/whatever.
    I'm not _____ enough.
    I'm too _____ (fat/old/stupid/whatever).

Is called a limiting belief. It's not true. You're sabotaging yourself.

Yes, it's human nature to be lazy, conserving energy provided a survival advantage at some point in our evolution.

You know what else provided an evolutionary advantage? Our body's natural ability to get stronger based on external stimuli. Everybody has it, those who didn't have it are no longer around. You CAN achieve your goals, if you're telling yourself you can't, then the only thing stopping you is yourself.

Where there is a will, there is a way. The amount of resources needed to achieve fitness can be as high or as low as you want. Very very very few people on the planet truly lack the time/money it takes. Although these things can help, it doesn't take expensive gym memberships nor hundreds of dollars in supplements.

This applies not only to the field of health, but academics, career, love, anything, you name it.

So in reality, the only thing these people lack, are the things we cannot give them. It's the one thing they must unearth for themselves. It's the will to do it.

So if you don't have what you want, it's because you don't want it bad enough.

Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juggalo420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    because it's time consuming brah

KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I think this answer is a combination of various aspects of our present day society. First off, is an overall lack of discipline. People want to see results instantaneously, they have forgotten how many years of poor eating habits, and lack of exercise have gotten them to their present state. Rather than alternating their present lifestyle to be healthier, they transform their life to the polar opposite, "a workout machine." This may help you shred those extra 10lbs for a month, but more than likely those 10lbs will return in the near future. This is because that drastic of a change will not stick, well at least for 99% of people. People must understand that being healthy consists of a lifestyle change rather than phasing into different personalities.

I believe lack of education in the fitness/nutrition field is a major contributor. With all the fast food selections, diet pills, and phony diets you read about online, you are almost pushed to be unhealthy without even understanding why. Understanding the fundamentals of nutrition will allow people to make better choices when shopping for foods. Some people don't even know where to begin or they feel embarrassed, people must understand if you don't start somewhere you will never start and that there are millions of people in their position. Crash dieting is becoming more popular among both women and men, this comes into the education aspect.

You have to enjoy what you're doing. Being healthy, whether it is transforming your body, or being able to walk a mile in a certain time will seem a lot less strenuous if you enjoy what you do. Perhaps find a workout partner, switch up your routine frequently, or feeling the satisfaction of seeing your body transform should be some of many reasons why its not "work."

Pressured. The modern man might feel pressured to reach goals that he/she does not feel are attainable, based on our society with shredded bodies on magazine covers. People must set their goals gradually, not all at once. For example, rather than saying I'm going to gain 30lbs of muscle in a month or lose 30 lbs of fat in a month say: Within the next two years _____________.

Modern society has definitely created a "lazy" atmosphere, you have to go out there and just do it! You can wine all you want, however, if you don't get off your butt and go do something healthy, you will never feel the way you dream about.
    KG

Registered User lightningwatche's Avatar
    lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reason's I'm not buff:

1. I made the mistake of looking at advanced workouts, or trying to copy the best looking guys at the gym, and then got myself injured, so now it is hard for me to do squats, chin ups, or bench press. We need to spread the word far and wide that small guys need to stick to beginner workouts and start small and gradually increase intensity, sets, etc. Bad knees from the marine corps keep me from running when I want. I have to run on soft ground, but there are side walks everywhere now.

2. My work schedule and gym hours often make it hard for me to workout any time other than late at night. When I was in school, homework procrastination led to me not wanting to work out if I knew I was going to get 4 hours of sleep that night. And if there is a long line for all the equipment at the gym, I often just go home and skip my workout that day, except maybe some push ups.

3. My misconceptions about nutrition made me think that I had to eat the right stuff at the right time around my workout or else I would not get any improvement. So if I missed my window, because I did not plan my workout time right, then I just skipped what I thought would be a fruitless workout.

4. I used to try getting a six pack by doing 2 hours of cardio first thing in the morning. I did not know at the time that you burn the most fat when you burn the most calories of glycogen, and that your body burns protein instead if there is no glycogen. I was also afraid to eat before bed. Or I just let myself go hungry sometimes when I'm surfing the net. I did not realize that the best way to burn fat is to work every muscle group in the ways that make the most growth hormone so your body uses your calories to make muscle not fat.

SthAnDraMaRtIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fitness is a 24/7 job. A person must take care to follow a workout regime, a balanced diet, and must obtain sufficient sleep in order to see results. And the modern man does not prioritize fitness because it requires so much effort, and is intrusive in their tight schedules.

Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most comments here seem to be copied and pasted articles from other sites

Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500)
    people are lazy habitual creature
    Bench Max - 310lbs
    Squat Max - 500lbs
    Deadlift Max - 500 x 4
    Long Jump PR - 21 feet exactly

Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gallowglass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They don't.

It's just that, like too many things these days, too many people want it 'instant' or 'quick,' and get into fitness thinking there's a drug they can take that will make them ripped with no effort on their part other than clunking a few weights.

'Modern man' is no different to any other 'man' - they just have the misfortune to live in a throwaway culture and many fail to realise their true potential as a result.

Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500) Powersprinter is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sweet jesus people on here write some long posts.
    Bench Max - 310lbs
    Squat Max - 500lbs
    Deadlift Max - 500 x 4
    Long Jump PR - 21 feet exactly

tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000) tadpole25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Reasons why it is hard to commit to fitness:
    1. Work that requires sedentary activity
    2. School, unhealthy cafeteria.
    3. Poor time management, fast food preferred over cooking
    4. Stress
    5. Lack of instant results. If it takes 6 months to get into shape, it seems less real.

rankywanky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Powersprinter View Post
    people are lazy habitual creature
    Hahahahaha - I'll second that

OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tadpole25 View Post
    Reasons why it is hard to commit to fitness:
    1. Work that requires sedentary activity
    2. School, unhealthy cafeteria.
    3. Poor time management, fast food preferred over cooking
    4. Stress
    5. Lack of instant results. If it takes 6 months to get into shape, it seems less real.

This, and I think modern man views working out as a "luxry" which they have no time to afford, ovbiously this is a poor excuse but that is why the average joe cannot commit to fitness and working out IMO

scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People have gotten lazy and look for a quick fix or magical secret (that doesn't exist) and most don't truly want it. I have been out of shape got into shape back out and am currently getting back in shape and have decided to make it a long term goal not just I hit a magical number and done type of thing. It has to become a priority in your life and you have to do it for yourself and those you care about (Children etc). I hope I can impact my kids positively fortunately they are both healthy weight pretty active and don't eat too terribly but I don't see it getting better in the USA anytime soon. I think in another 10 years overweight and obese people will out number people in good physical shape as due to cars, transit, cheap crappy food and the apparent requirement that every time you are social with friends you need to eat or drink which usually results in not the best food for you on top of TV, Computers, Video Games being popular forms of entertainment it's setup to continue.

Only way it will change is if somehow you are penalized for not being at a certain level of weight or body fat or something which will never happen at a large enough scale to make an impact.
    Rebooted 2/24/2015: 286 lbs

Started at 317 lbs in Feb 2012 Ended 172.2 in October 2013.

^Former 300+lb Crew^

nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nerdmuscle87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There aren't enough hours in the day to sleep / work / commute / workout / spend time with family. Something has to give...usually it's working out.

Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joe513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Because people look for excuses not too.

Its easy to workout, just do it and you'll feel great. When I used to do the treadmill, usually 3 times a day. Once and awhile I wasn't feeling it and did 5 minutes, so at least I stayed in the habit. I'm trying to get fit and in good shape before I have major responsibilities so it won't be as hard.

phatsx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phatsx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call of Duty MW3

bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bggreat is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by phatsx View Post
    Call of Duty MW3
    ****e goes ham

mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10) mclarengts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lazy