Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how do people who dont eat meat get all their protein?

Just wonderin, how do people who dont eat meat get all their protein?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bigdank View Post
    Just wonderin, how do people who dont eat meat get all their protein?
    beans, eggs, milk, supps, higher protein starches.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    beans, eggs, milk, supps, higher protein starches.
    id have to eat a ****load of beans to get atleast 50 g's of protein a meal!

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    id have to eat a ****load of beans to get atleast 50 g's of protein a meal!
    You don't need that much protein to build muscle mass. 100G/day is enough to build muscle. Not saying you can't utilize more than that, but you will see gains at 70g/day.
    Almost every food has some protein in it, except "pure" forms of carbs like sugar, and pure fats like oils.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    You don't need that much protein to build muscle mass. 100G/day is enough to build muscle. Not saying you can't utilize more than that, but you will see gains at 70g/day.
    Almost every food has some protein in it, except "pure" forms of carbs like sugar, and pure fats like oils.
    its all about liftin heavy, isnt it.

TyziskBen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a friend who is Vegan, and they've introduced me to a number of alternate sources of protein that have helped in broadening my diet. For instance, Seitan and Tempai are Asian-types of whole grains with nutritional values of approx 12g protein/8 carbs and 17g protein/20 carbs respectively. Legumes/Beans such as Edamame (14g protein/8 carbs) and Almonds (8g protein/4carbs) can be added to bolster the protein value of meals.

The one factor that I do watch is the amount of Soy protein content I take in, as opposed to the protein found in red meats, fish, chicken, etc...As I believe it has been shown that men should limit the amount of soy protein they consume for optimal muscle growth. Otherwise, it's good to vary your diet, keep the body guessing.

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its all about liftin heavy, isnt it.
    Not exactly, but protein requirements are often blown way overboard here. Overtime, after coninued high protein intake, you may be able to utilize more and more protein per meal. My point was simply that you can build muscle mass on far less than 250-300g of protein a day. And for most people, that is simply wasting money.
    There are plenty of days I am sub 100g of protein. I am far from huge in a bodybuilder sense, but I carry alot more lean mass than most people do.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

chickarie9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chickarie9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chickarie9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chickarie9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chickarie9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chickarie9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was vegan, but now include some dairy, and get my protein (about 130g a day..could easily get more though) primarily from eggs/whites, tofu, meat substitutes (especially a product from Quorn that's made mostly from egg whites and looks/tastes like chicken breast), whey, and cottage cheese. Besides tofu I eat very little soy, and hardly ever eat beans or lentils. It was somewhat difficult at first and I relied mostly on protein supplements, but there are tons of alternatives out there. The only difficult thing is eating out at some restaurants and getting adequate protein.

Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Soy
    Whey
    Eggs (If they are vegetarian, and not vegan)

I did an all vegetarian diet over the summer and those 3 were my primary sources of protein.
    "The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach."

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ninjazn View Post
    Soy
    Whey
    Eggs (If they are vegetarian, and not vegan)

I did an all vegetarian diet over the summer and those 3 were my primary sources of protein.
    Those are my 3 complete protein sources right there.
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein content of vegan food in 100 grams:

- Soy Protein Isolate natural = 90 grams
    - Soy Protein Isolate Flavored = 85 grams
    - Pea Protein = 85 grams
    - Rice Protein = 76 grams
    - Soy-granules = 51 grams
    - Brewer's yeast = 48 grams
    - Veggie sausages = 27.5 grams
    - Peanuts natural = 26 grams
    - Sunflower seeds = 24 grams
    - almonds = 21 grams
    - Pistachios = 21 grams
    - Tofu "Sesame / almond" = 19 grams
    - Tempeh = 19 grams
    - Hazelnut = 15 grams
    - Walnut = 15 grams
    - Brazil Nuts = 14 grams
    - Natural Tofu = 13.5 grams
    - Oatmeal = 12.5 grams
    - Noodles = 12 grams
    - Bread = 10 grams
    - Kidney beans cooked = 8 grams
    - Rice = 8 grams
    - Peas cooked = 5 grams
    - Apricots, dried = 5 grams
    - Brussels sprouts = 3.5 grams
    - Broccoli = 2.8 grams
    - Mushrooms = 2.5 grams
    - Cauliflower = 2.4 grams
    - Baked potato = 2 grams protein

that just reminded me on the baove post. I had some veggie sausages a few weeks ago that i originally thought was real sausage and it tasted horrible. But i still ate it anyways. You have to be a trooper to eat those. Thx for all the info guys

veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that just reminded me on the baove post. I had some veggie sausages a few weeks ago that i originally thought was real sausage and it tasted horrible. But i still ate it anyways. You have to be a trooper to eat those. Thx for all the info guys
    There a a lot of differences. Seitan stuff is very tasty!

Taikowa Rock, Yakushima FormulaSP's Avatar
    FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whey and Tofu!!